Search
Like Tree172Likes

Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
I think the amtx guys were unprepared for low grip levels.... Major setup wholesaling occurred....
Interesting, I would have figured that the grip at an event like that would get pretty high.

Anyway, I am still trying to decide which way to go... I have until Friday to make my decision, but it is down to the AMX or the T4 19. I drove Zac's Genesis, however I am always hesitant with other peoples cars, but from first impression with it, I liked my current T4 better. I am leaning towards the T4 19, due to setup help and parts support. Also I have everything I need for it, so buy the car and the hard bumper and I am good to go. With the AMX it is buy the car, buy the bumper, maybe the long arms (who knows, still too much testing with them), buy the at21s arm mounts, buy extra P03s, buy the soft springs, buy p07s. End up switching out ball studs eventually and maybe the mmcx. Also, not knowing for sure which chassis would be better on the AMX. However, despite all that, I still really want one...
chensleyrc1 and Bry195 like this.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trilerian
Interesting, I would have figured that the grip at an event like that would get pretty high.

Anyway, I am still trying to decide which way to go... I have until Friday to make my decision, but it is down to the AMX or the T4 19. I drove Zac's Genesis, however I am always hesitant with other peoples cars, but from first impression with it, I liked my current T4 better. I am leaning towards the T4 19, due to setup help and parts support. Also I have everything I need for it, so buy the car and the hard bumper and I am good to go. With the AMX it is buy the car, buy the bumper, maybe the long arms (who knows, still too much testing with them), buy the at21s arm mounts, buy extra P03s, buy the soft springs, buy p07s. End up switching out ball studs eventually and maybe the mmcx. Also, not knowing for sure which chassis would be better on the AMX. However, despite all that, I still really want one...
Don't overthink the AMX. The only thing you actually need are the soft springs.
Old 11-28-2018, 01:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sps3172
I see that the Xray T4 TQd the Stock TC class at IIC and finished 2nd and 3rd in the A main. Last week at Cleveland (with a completely different driver) the T4 TQd and won the Stock TC class.

Perhaps the AMX isn't as dominant in spec classes as has been suggested? I don't mean to suggest that the Xray is dominant....just that the playing field might still be quite level.

I don't currently get to attend any of these big races so I enjoy reading comments from you guys that regularly attend.
Our car is the best for all conditions. We all ran basically the same setup as Alex all weekend with minor tweaks. No wholesale changes needed ever with our cars!
RBLove and chensleyrc1 like this.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Max K
Our car is the best for all conditions. We all ran basically the same setup as Alex all weekend with minor tweaks. No wholesale changes needed ever with our cars!
This is true but in high traction the Xray fades into the darkness of the amx shadow .

Marcos.J likes this.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
This is true but in high traction the Xray fades into the darkness of the amx shadow .
I see Hanulec said the same for traction. I didn't get to go this year, but what was difference this year? Why didn't the traction level get like we are used to? Weird to see over 400 entries and someone say traction was not as high as usual.I was wondering due to our track getting new carpet and such for the Hudy and the Nats and didn't know if the new batch built less traction than before.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Even when Alex won at NYGP? Aparently 360 has the highest grip out of any track in the USA. 🤔
RBLove and rccartips like this.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Max K

Even when Alex won at NYGP? Aparently 360 has the highest grip out of any track in the USA. 🤔
dont they treat that track?
Old 11-28-2018, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hanulec
On Sunday at USIC the track was totally different during the mains. Cars worked well in the morning practice but showed significant change. Wish I ran a Racer body too come to think of it...
The track was definitely faster Sunday morning. First time nobody runs on the track for quite some time.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
I see Hanulec said the same for traction. I didn't get to go this year, but what was difference this year? Why didn't the traction level get like we are used to? Weird to see over 400 entries and someone say traction was not as high as usual.I was wondering due to our track getting new carpet and such for the Hudy and the Nats and didn't know if the new batch built less traction than before.
I'm also surprised to hear that grip wasn't up at the USIC this year. LiveRC shows 433 entries and 55,233 race laps. Does anyone have any idea what could have prevented bite from building to the levels expected at a large event like this?
Old 11-28-2018, 07:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Don't think we fully understand why yet
races that run 24/7 are often a bit different with grip level. This was less of an issue in foam classes, but I had grip challenges in rubber classes -- mod TC, stock TC and F1. Not sure if the challenge(s) will continue at SB (I think they might be on older rug)
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sps3172
I see that the Xray T4 TQd the Stock TC class at IIC and finished 2nd and 3rd in the A main. Last week at Cleveland (with a completely different driver) the T4 TQd and won the Stock TC class.

Perhaps the AMX isn't as dominant in spec classes as has been suggested? I don't mean to suggest that the Xray is dominant....just that the playing field might still be quite level.

I don't currently get to attend any of these big races so I enjoy reading comments from you guys that regularly attend.
Awesomatix TQED IIC!
Old 11-29-2018, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigdog

Awesomatix TQED IIC!
Sorry Bud.....it seems you may be confused, or perhaps you didn't actually read my post. LiveRC race results show Luke Pittman as the TQ of Stock TC at IIC this year. Last I checked, he was an Xray driver, no?
Old 11-29-2018, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

AMX TQ'ED and won super stock at IIC. AMX qualified 2nd and won 21.5 stock. Granted Luke should have won 21.5, he was clearly the faster driver.

Most of the really fast AMX drivers were in super stock not 21.5 stock.
Old 11-29-2018, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
AMX TQ'ED and won super stock at IIC. AMX qualified 2nd and won 21.5 stock. Granted Luke should have won 21.5, he was clearly the faster driver.

Well, that is actually normal for the faster drivers to run SS, x-ray has a few faster drivers in that class over 21.5 as well.
If the drivers that normally run 21.5 for AMX were running SS, why? Was that at the champs as well? Was it due to motor sponcers not allowing them because of the hand outs?

Hanulec, thanks for the carpet info. I am curious too why a 24/7 race gets weird traction and hope it is not just a change in the carpet or something.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

AMX TQ'ED and won super stock at IIC. AMX qualified 2nd and won 21.5 stock.
I don't think anyone can (nor was I trying to) dispute the success that AMX has had since it came to prominence in the last several years. My point wasn't that AMX never TQ'd or won.....only that the chassis didn't have a lock on all things competitive, when it came to spec class racing.

I took the original spirit of this thread to be more about 'who has the better chassis' (I'm suggesting that they are all good) than 'driver vs driver'.
Rick Vessell likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.