Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix >

Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix

Like Tree172Likes

Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix

Old 11-03-2018, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

To give you guys an idea of our track speed/size. The track is medium grip 36x60, and normally pretty technical layouts. Here is the results from one of our qualifiers yesterday. Generally the person who wins is the person that doesnt tap, or roll it over. I think that a lot of todays cars are really fast, especially when it just comes down to the driver. Now some may take longer to get fast, and some cars suit peoples driving styles better. Some are more durable, and some are cheaper, but they all can go fast, if drove properly and tuned well. For me I barelly changed the set up from the first weekend out set up at the halloween class, to my home track.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If Xray is the Gold standard, Awesomatix is a Diamond
Old 11-04-2018, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
https://youtu.be/8K4RBhmXTHI

If Xray is the Gold standard, Awesomatix is a Diamond
I agree 100% regarding the AX design. Very innovative and forward thinking. Very much like the serpent X4 although that car hasn't had the success like the aforementioned. I too agree about the traditional TC designs today being cookie cutter like. But I will disagree about the plastics on the X-rays. I believe their plastics are the best in the industry. The slop you see on the xray is pre engineered into the car to maintain free movement. The AX cars plastics in my opinion are soft. Racers in extreme condition like Australia and where it can get very hot say the car's set up is all over the place from run to run. I myself have found a bit of wandering setup my Ax cars so replaced them with Xray/ARC ball ends and studs and my cars have maintain now their alignments consistently. I too have a T418 and it drives great as well. Just like any TC out there with the right set up. I don't see xray doing anything wrong with their design since the BD9 is pretty much the same car in black.
rccartips likes this.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Biased guy giving non-biased answer here.

I think on lower, club race and regional race bite, all cars are more evenly matched, so it really is a matter of what you are looking for.

The Awesomatix is the gold standard on black carpet right now. It may very well be the best "big race" car there is. Until we can prove it with our Gizmo or any of the other brands for that matter, when it comes to big grip, spec classes, Awesomatix is the quickest. (I'd like to think that we are working on closing that gap though :P )

Now, the better question is, what is your level of commitment to the hobby and what is your mechanical and set-up skill level?

If you want durability, a million set ups and not have to worry about putting your car on set up blocks every 3rd run, then XRAY is your choice.

Now here is the pitch from a "Gizmo guy:" If you race in Indiana, your local team guy is likely Zac Donathen. You won't find a more helpful and friendly guy that has a direct line of communication with myself and other team guys. Both you and him can benefit from running the same platform together. It's a people vs brand argument in this case. And for once, in this situation I can sell you on support, (which is not typical!) On a car level, our platform is probably a little less complicated than an A800 and should have similar performance, but still a little more work than an xray.
Wait there is an actual onroad racing going on here in Indiana? I barely see a full main in any class. Finish line, SIRC , or Indy RC.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Part 3 and my personal choice.

P.S. Video audio started to de-synch around the 5 minute mark. Looks like a bad lip synch hahaha.

DavidNERODease likes this.

Last edited by rccartips; 11-20-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: audio de-synch
Old 11-20-2018, 12:44 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Part 3 and my personal choice

https://youtu.be/1ARSwjK6jTk
hey rccartip
get some a set of long arms for your A800X ,for me it works great..
you will feel the difference

rccartips likes this.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:48 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Part 3 and my personal choice

great Video
rccartips likes this.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA View Post
hey rccartip
get some a set of long arms for your A800X ,for me it works great..
you will feel the difference
We started the test with long arms. Later with short arms. The short arms was faster on our technical outdoor asphalt track.
Long or short, things have a way of popping out
Old 11-20-2018, 04:19 PM
Tech Master

Default Love this guy!

Part 3 and my personal choice.

P.S. Video audio started to de-synch aroung the 5 minute mark. Looks like a bad lip synch hahaha.

Great review!
Old 11-20-2018, 05:47 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

We started the test with long arms. Later with short arms. The short arms was faster on our technical outdoor asphalt track.
Long or short, things have a way of popping out
are you talking about the EVO or MMCX?
I can see why the short arm work better on Technical track.. it is good to know......
Old 11-20-2018, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I really wanted an MTC1 but they seem unpopular. I had a 4X and in hindsight I am glad I sold it as I was too much of a noob. I do not know a conventional TC that is perfect on carpet out of the box.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OVA View Post
are you talking about the EVO or MMCX?
I can see why the short arm work better on Technical track.. it is good to know......
EVO
Old 11-28-2018, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Biased guy giving non-biased answer here.
The Awesomatix is the gold standard on black carpet right now. It may very well be the best "big race" car there is. Until we can prove it with our Gizmo or any of the other brands for that matter, when it comes to big grip, spec classes, Awesomatix is the quickest. (I'd like to think that we are working on closing that gap though :P )
I see that the Xray T4 TQd the Stock TC class at IIC and finished 2nd and 3rd in the A main. Last week at Cleveland (with a completely different driver) the T4 TQd and won the Stock TC class.

Perhaps the AMX isn't as dominant in spec classes as has been suggested? I don't mean to suggest that the Xray is dominant....just that the playing field might still be quite level.

I don't currently get to attend any of these big races so I enjoy reading comments from you guys that regularly attend.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:12 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I think the amtx guys were unprepared for low grip levels.... Major setup wholesaling occurred....
Marcos.J and jlfx car audio like this.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

On Sunday at USIC the track was totally different during the mains. Cars worked well in the morning practice but showed significant change. Wish I ran a Racer body too come to think of it...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.