Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix >

Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix

Like Tree172Likes

Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix

Old 10-31-2018, 06:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

I maintain that if you are "newer" to racing, you go the Xray, it's a tank, can take a hit bucket loads of support and kit setup works well, get your consistency better than 96-97% then maybe look at the AMX (Yes faster car but labour intensive, a hit can cause significant issues) or maybe the Gizmo (tried it, didn't like it, but I won't squeal on about that)

Bert the best advice I can give you is go to a slower class, and there is no shame in that, some local guys were struggling in 13.5 and chasing their tail, set up, motor etc, so we encouraged them to slow down, race 21.5 and work on their driving, and in the past year they have improved immeasurably. Sometimes going slower isn't necessarily a step back. But perhaps talk less, slow down and don't worry about the politics in rc land, it'll do your head in and challenging people just makes you a target. Learnt that myself. It's not worth the angst. You're probably a nice enough bloke, but that doesn't come across that well on these forum type places were people tend to jump in and attack for the sake of attacking.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:39 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

LOL! New video, wow. I had an older vid from a few years back.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 08:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
I maintain that if you are "newer" to racing, you go the Xray, it's a tank, can take a hit bucket loads of support and kit setup works well, get your consistency better than 96-97% then maybe look at the AMX (Yes faster car but labour intensive, a hit can cause significant issues) or maybe the Gizmo (tried it, didn't like it, but I won't squeal on about that)

Bert the best advice I can give you is go to a slower class, and there is no shame in that, some local guys were struggling in 13.5 and chasing their tail, set up, motor etc, so we encouraged them to slow down, race 21.5 and work on their driving, and in the past year they have improved immeasurably. Sometimes going slower isn't necessarily a step back. But perhaps talk less, slow down and don't worry about the politics in rc land, it'll do your head in and challenging people just makes you a target. Learnt that myself. It's not worth the angst. You're probably a nice enough bloke, but that doesn't come across that well on these forum type places were people tend to jump in and attack for the sake of attacking.
Understood, and I am all setup to run usgt 21.5t and f1 25.5t until I get better.....I know I am always a target here because of my wild ideas, but on the track most other racers seem more intrigued and curious to see if the crazy ideas work or not rather than upset at me for sometimes negatively commenting on Rctech.......Yes I am totally different once I get to the track, and I am always surprised when I see other quiet racers here fight and curse incessantly at others on the track, while I am laughing and having fun...See you all at the track.....Signing off...
rccartips and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA View Post
https://youtube.com/watch?v=zy62yJiIJXU
Hey Gigaplex
do you remember that you saying this
(I think he's the red car. Qualified 15 out of 18. 4 or 5 laps off the pace but mostly kept off the walls. Overall not terrible for someone who hasn't driven in years. )?
I vaguely remember saying that. It's a lot better than a previous video I saw of his where he couldn't keep off the walls.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Well I just hope the Amx guys are ready and willing to take the Ifmar Worlds challenge seriously by winning at least once, and take all the other benchmarks you mentioned as icing on the cake, but please eliminate all the crazy lobbying for rule changes: how you win is just as important as winning !!!
Meanwhile your brand of choice hasn't won the Worlds either.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Meanwhile your brand of choice hasn't won the Worlds either.
Does it matter?

We could get one of the worlds top drivers and they'd probably beat 95% of people on this forum in their chosen class using a Tamiya TT-01

Choosing "Brand X" because some bloke won a world title with it is foolish IMO.
Billy Kelly and gigaplex like this.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Does it matter?

We could get one of the worlds top drivers and they'd probably beat 95% of people on this forum in their chosen class using a Tamiya TT-01

Choosing "Brand X" because some bloke won a world title with it is foolish IMO.
It only matters in the context that he's hypocritically badmouthing AMX for not winning when his brand that he brags about incessantly hasn't won either.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fathead View Post
I just had a quick look in RCcrewchief, comparing a A800 to a BD7 for example, they both have shorter top arms, and both have around 1.5deg camber gain (on stock setup) for the same lateral G loading, haven't had time to check the arm length ratios.
They won't roll the same. Longer arms roll differently than shorter arms, there's too much intangibles but rest assured AMX has better tire control than the others.
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:25 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Well I just hope the Amx guys are ready and willing to take the Ifmar Worlds challenge seriously by winning at least once, and take all the other benchmarks you mentioned as icing on the cake, but please eliminate all the crazy lobbying for rule changes: how you win is just as important as winning !!!
Can you answer WHY you think AMX is lobbying for ANY type of rule changes? The body rule change came from a race organizer that was tired of spray bomb bodies and body tucks all the time. Not a single car manufacture asked him for this rule....his own idea. If you want I am sure Scotty Ernst can answer that question for you.

Old 11-01-2018, 10:50 AM
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Understood, and I am all setup to run usgt 21.5t and f1 25.5t until I get better.....I know I am always a target here because of my wild ideas, but on the track most other racers seem more intrigued and curious to see if the crazy ideas work or not rather than upset at me for sometimes negatively commenting on Rctech.......Yes I am totally different once I get to the track, and I am always surprised when I see other quiet racers here fight and curse incessantly at others on the track, while I am laughing and having fun...See you all at the track.....Signing off...
Hey Bert
I know you are a good guy and trying to help others and that's a good thing.....
I had a close friend he got me into this hobby and he love on road racing ...he think the same ways as you did ,shaving weight off the drive train and chassis ,light bodies ,you names it he did and plus he is a good driver...always beat me in every class. So I've decided to focus on my driving more and I gotten faster and able to focus on what my car is doing wrong or right ...The more you practice to drive better ,you be surprise you may end up adding more weight to help to reduce your lap time
bertrandsv87 likes this.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

People are mad at bert not because they are arrogant elite racers or anything. He gives out a lot of BS and blatantly false advice. This confuses the newbies and gives them a bad starting point. Also talks about beating other drivers when he hardly races. Anyone that has been here long enough on these forums will know.

Bert playing a victim and people feeling sorry for him? Give me a break, lol. We are just calling a spade a spade. Personally he used to piss me off, but now I just poke fun at his stupidity and find him hilarious.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
People are mad at bert not because they are arrogant elite racers or anything. He gives out a lot of BS and blatantly false advice. This confuses the newbies and gives them a bad starting point.
And there's been a few times where his remarks take the place of real advice. When the red herring is the only thing on the table, nobody wins.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

People are mad at bert not because they are arrogant elite racers or anything. He gives out a lot of BS and blatantly false advice. This confuses the newbies and gives them a bad starting point. Also talks about beating other drivers when he hardly races. Anyone that has been here long enough on these forums will know.

Bert playing a victim and people feeling sorry for him? Give me a break, lol. We are just calling a spade a spade. Personally he used to piss me off, but now I just poke fun at his stupidity and find him hilarious.
what does that mean? I canít use a plutonium nitrate rotor inside my 2.5t motor in my Tc4 ?
Dan, hanulec, gigaplex and 1 others like this.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

what does that mean? I canít use a plutonium nitrate rotor inside my 2.5t motor in my Tc4 ?
You use motors with more than a fractional turn? N00b.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

TRUTH. Theres a reason he's always being banned. He's full of nonsense.
Marcos.J likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.