Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix >

Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix

Like Tree172Likes

Standard TC vs Gizmo vs Awesomatix

Old 10-31-2018, 12:07 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork View Post
I too have owned and driven lots of car...The AMX is better on almost every surface and almost every traction level. But AMX has not invested in a top tier driver. You put this car in the hands of a Bruno or Marc and it would be all over. The only thing other companies would need to sell is buckets and towels for all of the tears.
#2savage
S.Stew and iTz Nicholas72 like this.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post

Lets also not forget the Sam/AMX are the current reigning back to back ROAR Carpet nats mod tc champs, and Brandon Clements won the CTS mod tc series this year. The car is just as great in mod as it is in stock. Mod is just much harder to achieve the same level of results we have had in stock, especially at the world level like ETS.
Unless the Amx team gets an Ifmar Worlds Championship under its belt, these small isolated race winnings won't mean much: standard tc's rule the Ifmar Worlds and the tc3/4 platform almost pulled it off, had it not been for Hara taking out the AE car.......I hope everybody agrees that the Ifmar Worlds title is the benchmark for a chassis' success.....
Old 10-31-2018, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

LOL, OMG. STOP IT.
DaSilva3525 and gigaplex like this.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Unless the Amx team gets an Ifmar Worlds Championship under its belt, these small isolated race winnings won't mean much: standard tc's rule the Ifmar Worlds and the tc3/4 platform almost pulled it off, had it not been for Hara taking out the AE car.......I hope everybody agrees that the Ifmar Worlds title is the benchmark for a chassis' success.....
Buddy... the TC3/TC4 isn't god's gift to earth, let that fanboy nonsense go jeezus. It was and is a great car...but it's nothing tremendous or outright amazing. You can't say one race out of hundreds decides where a TC is placed in rankings. Even if it's a prestigious event. Some people can drive a shoe box faster then the latest anything in Tc.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Marcos.J, hanulec, tonyd and 2 others like this.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
Now seriously, yes the AMX and similar cars that share parts will be faster than most other cars, if not all. The reason for the better high grip handling is down to the lower arm to upper arm length relation. Other stuff helps but not as much as the high camber gain the AMX long rear arms provide. Measure the ratio of the length of the lower VS upper arms and see how it differs from cookie cutter designs out there.

So there you go.
Could I get you to elaborate on this a little bit more?
Old 10-31-2018, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by trilerian View Post
Could I get you to elaborate on this a little bit more?
Without knowing the measurements for both cars no. I have a trained eye nothing more at this point so won't be able to properly address it.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Xray didn't get a title until everyone boycotted the world's this year. Don't even try to claim that Xray isn't a successful chassis because of that.
EAMotorsports likes this.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:20 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

in My opinion Winning a world title is more important to a driver than it is to a manufacture except for the companies who are just out to see their name in flashy lights. The benchmark for a chassis is how many are you selling a year? how many are you seeing at the track each week? How many are in the Amain of the class you sell the most in?
Old 10-31-2018, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 30Tooth View Post
Glad to read that Bert still belongs on my ignore list.
Now seriously, yes the AMX and similar cars that share parts will be faster than most other cars, if not all. The reason for the better high grip handling is down to the lower arm to upper arm length relation. Other stuff helps but not as much as the high camber gain the AMX long rear arms provide. Measure the ratio of the length of the lower VS upper arms and see how it differs from cookie cutter designs out there.

So there you go.
I just had a quick look in RCcrewchief, comparing a A800 to a BD7 for example, they both have shorter top arms, and both have around 1.5deg camber gain (on stock setup) for the same lateral G loading, haven't had time to check the arm length ratios.
Old 10-31-2018, 03:03 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I'm wondering how many in here are actually fast mod drivers, lol. Think the vast majority are stock. Most of the club races I've been to, there is a larger disparity in skill level in mod.

For me, switching to an Awesomatix A700 when I raced 17.5 sedan asphalt, it was a big improvement over my prior conventional touring cars a few years ago. However, I still suck at carpet TC since I'm new at it. I run a T4 '18 now on carpet but can't hit over 95-96% consistency in laps, so at the moment, its more of my driving than chassis. I think once I could get more consistent, then I will replace it with an A800. Sometimes I wished I bought an A800 last year instead of the T4...

I can still hit over 97-98% consistency in F1 on a slower class, so chassis and motor matters quite a bit more for me there. Basically what I'm saying is, if you're hitting below 90% consistency on lap times, a new car ain't gonna help much!
Old 10-31-2018, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
in My opinion Winning a world title is more important to a driver than it is to a manufacture except for the companies who are just out to see their name in flashy lights. The benchmark for a chassis is how many are you selling a year? how many are you seeing at the track each week? How many are in the Amain of the class you sell the most in?
Well I just hope the Amx guys are ready and willing to take the Ifmar Worlds challenge seriously by winning at least once, and take all the other benchmarks you mentioned as icing on the cake, but please eliminate all the crazy lobbying for rule changes: how you win is just as important as winning !!!

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 10-31-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by geeunit1014 View Post

Lets also not forget the Sam/AMX are the current reigning back to back ROAR Carpet nats mod tc champs, and Brandon Clements won the CTS mod tc series this year. The car is just as great in mod as it is in stock. Mod is just much harder to achieve the same level of results we have had in stock, especially at the world level like ETS.
Xray won the 360 race at the highest traction facility in the country. All chassis are capable of winning at any time.

You are stating facts, Sam has won a bunch, but he is without debate the best carpet driver in the country right now. He was before he switched to Amtx, and he still is.

Part of being a good car car is the ability to finish a race. Even racers as good as you know that finishing a race can be the difference between the A and B main. For the average racer that still bashes the wall and is learning setup, the T4 platform will be better 90% of the time. Iíve never met anyone that broke mid race and still had fun.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:25 PM
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Says the guy who was hitting other cars and barriers in the C-main in the stock class..... I know I have that video somewhere of bert racing...
Hey Dan
here ya go
360v2 :: Sunday Club Race :: Touring B-Main :: LiveRC
Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Come on down to 360v2 sometime.....and watch me

Bert is in the Red TC
Old 10-31-2018, 06:34 PM
OVA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=zy62yJiIJXU
Hey Gigaplex
do you remember that you saying this
(I think he's the red car. Qualified 15 out of 18. 4 or 5 laps off the pace but mostly kept off the walls. Overall not terrible for someone who hasn't driven in years. )?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.