R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2006, 11:44 PM   #1
Tech Adept
 
miniczar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 164
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Speed Controller QUestion

Hello,
I just bought a rc car from a guy with a speed controller that I can not identify. He gave me no manuel or anything with it, so I am stumped to as what it is. I would like to sell it and use my LRP controller, but I am not sure what speed controller I would be selling LOL. Here is a pic of it... http://newtonmarine.smugmug.com/gall...739/1/57135298
If anyone can identify this brand of speed controller, please let me know.
miniczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
Tech Elite
 
MrUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniczar
Hello,
I just bought a rc car from a guy with a speed controller that I can not identify. He gave me no manuel or anything with it, so I am stumped to as what it is. I would like to sell it and use my LRP controller, but I am not sure what speed controller I would be selling LOL. Here is a pic of it... http://newtonmarine.smugmug.com/gall...739/1/57135298
If anyone can identify this brand of speed controller, please let me know.
David,

What is this? The son of the Czar of 1/8 hydroplanes with cars? Ok just kidding! Your pictured esc looks like an older Formula esc by Tekin but I am not for sure, but it can also be an esc which was supplied with a kit. Did you get a manual with it or this something diplayed on the silver sticker on top which refers to a brand?
__________________
U5 Formulaboat 1/8 hydroplane - MHZ138 AQUAMANIA - Axial Exo Terra - Tamiya Avante - LC Racing EMB1 - Atomic AMZ 4WD Touring car
MrUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
Tech Adept
 
miniczar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 164
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Nope, did not receive a manuel and there is no sticker on top... at least if there was it was pulled off. Yeah, me and a few hydro rc races have started racing the f1 class during the winter. Do you race 1/8th scales?
miniczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Nicadrauspro4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A., Italy
Posts: 674
Default

It looks like an old model of KEYENCE. But I'm not sure.

__________________
works1200.weebly.com
nicadraus-lamborghini.weebly.com
Nicadrauspro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:29 AM   #5
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicadrauspro4
It looks like an old model of KEYENCE. But I'm not sure.


I'm with Nicadrauspro4...Looks like an old Keyence...
Ben.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:07 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 318
Default

http://hobby.keyence.co.jp/speed/index.html#01

That looks to me like the Keyence new Speedo Exstraight with the heat sink mounted on top. I have one and it looks identical to that. I have attached the website here for further verifications.

Cheers
viper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:08 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
WheelNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Edmonton, Ab
Posts: 3,210
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut
Default

A better picture would be very helpful.

Edit: Nevermind didn't realize the medium sized picture could be enlarged...
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:14 AM   #8
Tech Addict
 
Nicadrauspro4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A., Italy
Posts: 674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1
http://hobby.keyence.co.jp/speed/index.html#01

That looks to me like the Keyence new Speedo Exstraight with the heat sink mounted on top. I have one and it looks identical to that. I have attached the website here for further verifications.

Cheers
Keyence confirmed! Good job on the research viper1.

miniczar,
The model is either Exstraight N-BL or J-BL.

__________________
works1200.weebly.com
nicadraus-lamborghini.weebly.com
Nicadrauspro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
MrUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniczar
Nope, did not receive a manuel and there is no sticker on top... at least if there was it was pulled off. Yeah, me and a few hydro rc races have started racing the f1 class during the winter. Do you race 1/8th scales?
Yep, although the events are not as big as in the US. During the winter and besides the hydroplane I race a Yokomo LCG:
__________________
U5 Formulaboat 1/8 hydroplane - MHZ138 AQUAMANIA - Axial Exo Terra - Tamiya Avante - LC Racing EMB1 - Atomic AMZ 4WD Touring car
MrUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novak GTB Brushless 4 cell speed spectrum speed controller. jland R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 10-21-2007 02:37 PM
TT01 Mechanical Speed Controller Question kimera Electric On-Road 2 09-15-2007 08:51 AM
NIB IPC LRP v7.1 speed controller Santosh R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 01-01-2006 08:11 AM
lrp 7.1 speed controller vic0280 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-19-2005 10:52 AM
LRP V6 Speed Controller FS $40.00 TheBarber R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 04-07-2003 06:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net