Search
Like Tree564Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2019, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Is there a plan to release a mid motor kit with long arms?
The 2020 Kit will be a mid motor car and will come with a new suspension geometry that will be more "conventional" than previously. Basically we will have similar wheel rates to Yokomo and XRAY. We are doing this to make the car easier to tune, and you will be able to use the old geometry if you prefer. Additionally, the new car will have a 2mm longer rear than front arm. As an option, we we will also offer an extra long arm set that will be +6mm from the std set up that will be available as option parts.
Old 08-24-2019, 03:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

I did another short video on setting up the car today, ill have another one for finalizing the car tomorrow.
Marcos.J and Ggrant like this.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Just keep getting faster with every little change ! Car is lightning fast on 17.5 and in usgt ! Swapping out my 17.5 to mod in a week or so to get ready for our outdoor on road series .
Old 08-25-2019, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

Just keep getting faster with every little change ! Car is lightning fast on 17.5 and in usgt ! Swapping out my 17.5 to mod in a week or so to get ready for our outdoor on road series .
If we can get maybe 2 more guys run mod at SS Raceway we could have a class. I am ok with running mod any time. I just need a heads up to make the change.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

that hellcat looks HOT LOL
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brian10811
If we can get maybe 2 more guys run mod at SS Raceway we could have a class. I am ok with running mod any time. I just need a heads up to make the change.
im good with that
Old 08-26-2019, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ggrant

that hellcat looks HOT LOL
I love it just ordered another one , really impressed by them
Ggrant likes this.
Old 08-27-2019, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Genesis mid conversions should be ready by this time next week. Who was looking to get one? Can you guys let me know so I can put you down on a list?

Kits will follow about 2-3 weeks after. The number of kits available will depend on the number of conversions sold. I have a few guys that have said they are wanting a kit. If we have any more interested, please email me @ [email protected].
Old 08-27-2019, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would like to see fully built detail pictures, of the mid motor car, before I commit to buying one. Are there pictures any where?
Old 08-27-2019, 08:43 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I would like to see fully built detail pictures, of the mid motor car, before I commit to buying one. Are there pictures any where?
Post #267
There is a pic of the bottom mid motor I think
Old 08-27-2019, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, of course. Sorry, I'll post some pictures of my car.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Old 08-27-2019, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Above are some pictures of my prototype car. The production car will include a revised top deck, new revised bulkheads, new swaybar mounting system.

In the pictures of the car you can see the new features of the car:

-New Drivetrain layout:
Uses new chassis, top deck, motor mount and center pulley. Also, car comes with Awesomatix diff and Spool Standard.
-New Battery mounting system:
Easier to use. Hooks slide in and out, screw hole included in post to adjust battery fore and aft.
-New A Arms"
-2.5mm longer rear arm than before. Front arms are 0.5mm longer, but revised to use the new hub geometry with less wheel scrub. Can be run with or without kingpin inclination. Optional +6 arms will be offered as an option part.
-New Bulkheads: Revised for more durability and also simplified. Lowers towers 1mm and swaybar 3mm. Removes cross post holes.
-New Swaybar mounting direct on the arm using 5040 plastic hats and 5050 plastic clips. This makes our lightweight suspension even lighter.
-New Servo mount: This is our compromise to make the mid motor work. We flipped the belts so we had to move the servo out of the center line. The new carbon plate moves the servo out either 5mm (if you cut lower ear off) or 10mm (without cutting). This gives a few benefits: It allows our electronics to stay really centered. With new narrower center pulleys, our electronics stay close to the same spot as before. (We moved our motor out 0.8mm for better balance and more flex clearance side to side, but we were already moving it out 1mm on the old kit sometimes to get better balance.) Battery is essentially in the same spot. We have a completely symmetric top deck, and with the servo being out a little more, you get a little better weight balance on the front left tire vs right. Servo stays mounted on the center, but now uses 2 posts to hang the servo off the carbon piece. Our distance between spur and bulkheads is identical, no need for belt tensioners to clear the motor mount. Lastly, and probably nicest benefit is that with the belt being on the right side in the rear, you get better clearance for your sensor wire and ESC. It allows to mount the ESC closer to centerline and prevents your sensor wire from getting chewed up.
DavidNERODease, RoyB and Walers like this.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Above are some pictures of my prototype car. The production car will include a revised top deck, new revised bulkheads, new swaybar mounting system.

In the pictures of the car you can see the new features of the car:

-New Drivetrain layout:
Uses new chassis, top deck, motor mount and center pulley. Also, car comes with Awesomatix diff and Spool Standard.
-New Battery mounting system:
Easier to use. Hooks slide in and out, screw hole included in post to adjust battery fore and aft.
-New A Arms"
-2.5mm longer rear arm than before. Front arms are 0.5mm longer, but revised to use the new hub geometry with less wheel scrub. Can be run with or without kingpin inclination. Optional +6 arms will be offered as an option part.
-New Bulkheads: Revised for more durability and also simplified. Lowers towers 1mm and swaybar 3mm. Removes cross post holes.
-New Swaybar mounting direct on the arm using 5040 plastic hats and 5050 plastic clips. This makes our lightweight suspension even lighter.
-New Servo mount: This is our compromise to make the mid motor work. We flipped the belts so we had to move the servo out of the center line. The new carbon plate moves the servo out either 5mm (if you cut lower ear off) or 10mm (without cutting). This gives a few benefits: It allows our electronics to stay really centered. With new narrower center pulleys, our electronics stay close to the same spot as before. (We moved our motor out 0.8mm for better balance and more flex clearance side to side, but we were already moving it out 1mm on the old kit sometimes to get better balance.) Battery is essentially in the same spot. We have a completely symmetric top deck, and with the servo being out a little more, you get a little better weight balance on the front left tire vs right. Servo stays mounted on the center, but now uses 2 posts to hang the servo off the carbon piece. Our distance between spur and bulkheads is identical, no need for belt tensioners to clear the motor mount. Lastly, and probably nicest benefit is that with the belt being on the right side in the rear, you get better clearance for your sensor wire and ESC. It allows to mount the ESC closer to centerline and prevents your sensor wire from getting chewed up.
I would like to comment that on the Genesis (2019 car), with the same electronics I had to put a 15 gram weight on the outside of my battery to make the car balance with all of the electronics as close to the center line as possible.

With the 2020 car, with the same electronics as the 2019 car, I was able to get the car to balance without that extra weight on the battery side, in fact it balanced without any weight. This would suggest that overall some of the electronics moved in even further, also I am using the farthest moved out servo location.

I was also able to add all of the weight to the center of the car, which was nice. The majority of the weight is smack in the center, like a traditional car layout.

I am using the new sway bar system, and it is really nice. I bet it eliminates 5 grams per arm, between the alu mount/screws/ballstuds, which is really nice.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

The 2020 have also different positions for a shorty lipo?

Regards, Gero

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.