Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree564Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Another very successful event in the books for Gizmo! With this only being my second big event with the car and just having it for a month im super impressed with it. Id like to start by saying that i didnt break the whole race(which is even more impressive because the boards are 2x4), I did hit some fast switchback sections hard enough that i got sent 2 lanes back.

After the 4 quals I ended up qualifying 7th in CAN AM GT(USGT), and 16th in CAN AM stock tc. After a very rough start, for me, a body tuck put me to last and 3/4 lap down to start. I drove back to the 8th spot in the amain, the car had potential to Definetly get to a higher position. In Stock tc I was able to the take the win, in the b main.

Whats also amazing is the fade of Genesis, while my USGT car didnt have the hot lap, it only faded .05 from the fast lap to my 3rd to last lap. My tc stock car only faded .2 as well which is also fantastic, especially on a track of that size.

After talking to CT about my set up its a bit unconventional apparently... Haha but it seems to work for how it drive it (just something to keep in mind, i like going into the corner neutral, and letting the car rotate. I do not throw the car into the corners, and throttle out crazily). Please note that the ride height and droop are measured at the ends of each side of the chassis.

It was a blast to drive Genesis all weekend especially with all the great drivers there.

MDawson, Marcos.J, qcrc and 1 others like this.

Last edited by thecaptain; 11-26-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What is the internal radio for the Genesis?
Old 11-26-2018, 07:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72
What is the internal radio for the Genesis?
Old 11-26-2018, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
Another very successful event in the books for Gizmo! With this only being my second big event with the car and just having it for a month im super impressed with it. Id like to start by saying that i didnt break the whole race(which is even more impressive because the boards are 2x4), I did hit some fast switchback sections hard enough that i got sent 2 lanes back.

After the 4 quals I ended up qualifying 7th in CAN AM GT(USGT), and 16th in CAN AM stock tc. After a very rough start, for me, a body tuck put me to last and 3/4 lap down to start. I drove back to the 8th spot in the amain, the car had potential to Definetly get to a higher position. In Stock tc I was able to the take the win, in the b main.

Whats also amazing is the fade of Genesis, while my USGT car didnt have the hot lap, it only faded .05 from the fast lap to my 3rd to last lap. My tc stock car only faded .2 as well which is also fantastic, especially on a track of that size.

After talking to CT about my set up its a bit unconventional apparently... Haha but it seems to work for how it drive it (just something to keep in mind, i like going into the corner neutral, and letting the car rotate. I do not throw the car into the corners, and throttle out crazily). Ill get a set up posted soon for the classes.

It was a blast to drive Genesis all weekend especially with all the great drivers there.

awesome !
Old 11-26-2018, 07:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
Thank you. Guess I need to check one of the locals with the FDR meter because he is running 102/36 for Can-Am Stock...
Old 11-26-2018, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Thank you. Guess I need to check one of the locals with the FDR meter because he is running 102/36 for Can-Am Stock...
Thats pretty close, but will likely be under... 108,38 is exactly 5.40
Old 11-26-2018, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That looks like a GZ2 Ratio. The GZ2 has an internal of 1.94XX (35/18) If he's running a 2 spur gear car, he's ok. If he's running the single spur car, he's gotta go down a tooth.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default Car

I had the chance to see one of the new Gizmo cars yesterday and I can say it looks good on the track and in person.

I noticed this car was not running the amx diff or one way,and still performed well.

I am really considering trying a car.
Ty-bo and thecaptain like this.
Old 12-12-2018, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

I ran the exact car that I ran at champs(medium grip 100x50 track) at my home track(60x36, medium grip track), and I did not change anything except the body(the type s is always faster at my home track). The car is amazing, one set up for two completely different racing scenarios! I did end up with some minor tweaks that did benefit me a .1

I decreased my droop .5 all the way around, and put a slightly stiffer than the RSD yellow spring in the front, and went with a silver axon 2.5 in the rear.

How is everyone else doing with their cars?
Old 12-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got married and moved house ... I'm a couple weeks out from getting my Beta -> Genesis on the track. Looking forward to it and trying out some setups on asphalt. If the Genesis is even marginally better than the Beta or GZ2, I'll be flying!
thecaptain likes this.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:46 AM
Regional Moderator

I just got my upgrade kit as well (Thanks Dave and CT) and started to change out the parts on the car now just now. While I was swapping out the arms, I had a hard time sliding the lower shock mount onto the carbon arms, it just wouldnt go in. Quick check with the calipers shows the aluminum arms were is 0.2mm thinner than the carbon ones. The aluminum arms had a spot milled out for the lower shock mount to slide in. The same wasnt done on the carbon arms. Did anyone else have this problem?

Also I noticed the 2 sets of 4 holes on the arms werent exactly the same on each side. One was a little bit offset. Which direction do you recommending install it on the car front and back?
Old 12-13-2018, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

The fit can be a little tight, but should go in there. Are you saying they will not go in at all? The milling is done on alloy arms because the material is 3.0mm and aluminum will not “give”. The carbon arm is 2.85mm thick though, it should slide on. I prefer the tighter fit as well. Keeps the suspension more precise.

All the arms are directional. They have 2 sets of holes that are differently offset by 1mm. Run the mounts on the more inset positions in the rear and more outer in the front.

Old 12-13-2018, 08:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
The fit can be a little tight, but should go in there. Are you saying they will not go in at all? The milling is done on alloy arms because the material is 3.0mm and aluminum will not “give”. The carbon arm is 2.85mm thick though, it should slide on. I prefer the tighter fit as well. Keeps the suspension more precise.

All the arms are directional. They have 2 sets of holes that are differently offset by 1mm. Run the mounts on the more inset positions in the rear and more outer in the front.

It wouldnt go in at all. I chamfered the edges a little with a diamond file just enough so I can squeeze that piece on by hand and used a clamp to force it in the rest of the way. It was SUPER tight but somehow manged. I guess somehow that piece of carbon swelled up a little during the transport
Old 12-13-2018, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=disaster999;15353868]It wouldnt go in at all. I chamfered the edges a little with a diamond file just enough so I can squeeze that piece on by hand and used a clamp to force it in the rest of the way. It was SUPER tight but somehow manged. I guess somehow that piece of carbon swelled up a little during the transport[/QUOTE

As long as you got it on there, you should be ok. However, one tip, if the arm is too thick, you should be able to lap the whole thing on some 600 grit and then finish with some 1200-2000 wet sand to get smooth finish to get the arm down to the thickness needed. I am not going to say this is the reason for matte finish arm, but it is an advantage that it is this way.

I have never heard of carbon swelling, but it could be quite possible that some tolerances are slightly different on the older production of shock mounts and across the A-Arms. Get some material that is 0.1mm thicker and a mount that is 0.1mm narrower, and there can be some issues sometimes.( 0.1mm on all items is standard high-quality tolerance in our industry). I have some on my car and they were a bit tighter than the newest batch ones, but they still slide on.

Regardless, if the items you feel are bad, send them back and I will issue replacements so long as they have not been damaged.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Same thing happened to me with the lower shock mounts but as CT said, I used a sand paper to get desired thickness and it worked like a charm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.