Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit >

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Like Tree73Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Old 11-08-2018, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

thecaptain, how are you connecting the motor mount to the upper deck? What part are you using?
Old 11-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 167 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
thecaptain, how are you connecting the motor mount to the upper deck? What part are you using?
I made a stand off from the motor to the top deck, not sure the height. I used a 12mm set screw with a steel nut so the set screw doesnt protrude out of the motor mount, and just screwed the post on. I used a countersunk washer and screw instead of just a button head, to connect the top deck to the post.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You actually use one of our long standoffs and a set screw to tie the standoff to the motor mount and then use a button head to tie that to the standoff.

It's an option, but not one that I use often. Typically, I prefer to use the 2 rear most motor mount screws to get a very similar effect on performance since it is much easier to do.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default IRJ/IFJ

I think iíll need like 3 packs of the SPR07 e-rings. Iíve lost so many.
RoyB likes this.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
You actually use one of our long standoffs and a set screw to tie the standoff to the motor mount and then use a button head to tie that to the standoff.

It's an option, but not one that I use often. Typically, I prefer to use the 2 rear most motor mount screws to get a very similar effect on performance since it is much easier to do.
I did not get a chance to test that option, its good to know on the long stand offs, I'll swap it out! Ill be testing with the rest of the motor mount next week. I just ran the front 2, and the rear most one, to start.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Well I got to take my car out for it's first race day and I must say with only 1 day on it I was not to far off my lap times with my Awesomatix. Had several hard hits and didn't break anything...so at a very least it's durable. One issue that I was having most of the day was that the car wanted to traction roll. I tried several things setup wise but nothing seemed to solve the problem. I had my tires glued to 59mm with several layers so I don't think that was it. I would like to raise the diff in the rear but not sure what you guys are using to do this? Can this be done with the 3D printed diffs, the eccentric doesn't look like it will work if you rotate it to the high position?
Old 11-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To run higher diffs, you must get the 3D printed eccentrics from shapeways.

one thing that is important is that you are not running too stiff of a front spring. Due to our geometry, our wheel rate is much different than on other spring cars.

i recommend having some soft springs in your box. ARC .22/.24. Axon silver 2.4/2.5. Xray 2.3 All for the front. In the read xray 2.5, axon black 2.5 axon silver 2.6 are all good places to start.

also make sure you are running the. At 21s with no shims under for black carpet

typically I run 3 degrees of caster and 1.5 degrees of camber in the front. If you have done all I suggested above and still rolling, take down cambet to 1 deg and caster to 2.
Old 11-11-2018, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Well I got to take my car out for it's first race day and I must say with only 1 day on it I was not to far off my lap times with my Awesomatix. Had several hard hits and didn't break anything...so at a very least it's durable. One issue that I was having most of the day was that the car wanted to traction roll. I tried several things setup wise but nothing seemed to solve the problem. I had my tires glued to 59mm with several layers so I don't think that was it. I would like to raise the diff in the rear but not sure what you guys are using to do this? Can this be done with the 3D printed diffs, the eccentric doesn't look like it will work if you rotate it to the high position?
I agree with CT and can see that in my set up posted in the thread. It does help the car rotate more when you raise the rear diff, i ran that at the Halloween classic.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys, looks like I was going the wrong way on the springs. I was running the xray 2.5 - 2.8 progressive spring on the front and the 2.6 in the rear. Will try a softer setup next week.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys, looks like I was going the wrong way on the springs. I was running the xray 2.5 - 2.8 progressive spring on the front and the 2.6 in the rear. Will try a softer setup next week.
I suspect you'll pick up several .1's and an easier car to drive/ not flip over.
Old 11-12-2018, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Here is what i did for my car, the long aluminum spacer will work also.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Genesis is all rebuilt for the indoor champs! I gotta work on those reciever wires...
Old Yesterday, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
Here is what i did for my car, the long aluminum spacer will work also.
Wow, that belt looks worn-out already.
Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Your upper front links are different left to right? is that intentional?
Old Yesterday, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Must be some top secret team driver stuff

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service