Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit >

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Like Tree521Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Old 07-19-2020, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Good to know, i thought it was correct as is. Ill make some adjustments on my set ups.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
It can certainly get confusing.... this chart helps

interesting on the negative 4 in rear....I will consider This as a tuning option. Thanks
This is how I have always understood caster to be. that was a great video to watch because I have always wondered if the rear caster did anything to the suspension not just wheelbase.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
rear caster explained rear caster adjust the wheelbase of the car

https://www.facebook.com/rcmaker1/vi...OEOFf7X4U2sDRt
I just got a chance to watch the whole video and alot of good information in there. However there is 1 bit of incorrect information. Changing the rear castor effects many many more things than the wheelbase alone (which he did go into a little at the end of the video).

It changes the roll center, slip angle, castor, wheelbase, camber gain, toe, toe gain, and the COG of the car... The most noticeable change is the wheelbase, which is mainly what we have been using it for. As he also had mentioned that you can run the offset pivot balls allowing you to mess with keeping some things the same while adjusting the wheelbase. I talked to CT about this in length, and a couple other people, I am sure I am not doing the whole thing justice, but its good to know.

Just keep in mind when changing one thing on the car it almost always changes something else. As my one friend puts it" its just a bunch of compromises" .
Old 07-20-2020, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree, it’s inescapable. Have you found an amount of Castor that works for you? What is your baseline?
Old 07-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
I agree, itís inescapable. Have you found an amount of Castor that works for you? What is your baseline?
I almost always run 4 degrees forward or -4 for the rear. This is for carpet tracks, i really like a car that rotates though... I have yet to find a better castor setting, for me.
F1fletch likes this.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Started the building videos. I am hoping to put them up on YouTube this Sunday. Ill post a link when i get them uploaded. I will also be doing some pictures inbetween videos showing the steps I use to complete the car. Here are the pictures for now. Ill put a link to a drop box folder when im done with the build.

Old 07-31-2020, 07:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Zac! Your videos helped me greatly when I was putting together mine.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

A by the way I am running the steel lower arm ball studs. 8 of these weigh 3.4 grams vs 1.2 grams for the aluminum, the steel also have a broached 2mm head along with the 5.5mm hex. The major difference between the 2 is the height. The steel run about 5.55mm on average and the aluminum 5.8mm on average. So about .25mm on the lower roll center could be a noticeable differences. I will be starting with the 2mm under the arms even, which will lower the roll center marginally, I may increasing it to 2.5mm because I race on such high grip tracks. More testing will need to be done, but something that I did notice thus far.

Also attached is how I did my servo. Which I found to be a nice way to add 25 grams in the "center" of the car. If you've put together a mid motor car its difficult to find places to put weight especially in the center of the car. This is a tungsten putty with a plastic shield on the back which together weigh about 11grams, and the tungsten weight on the front is about 14 grams.
I will be leaving my servo offset to help balance the car a little more, I had to add 30 grams to the electronics side last time. Plus I dont have to cut the ear off the servo to make it work.

*SBH* likes this.

Last edited by thecaptain; 08-01-2020 at 07:25 AM.