Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit >

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Like Tree530Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Old 12-23-2019, 06:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
Christian, have you tried a split top deck design yet?
the split deck may be faster in a handful of scenarios with extremely low grip, in general any of the "traditional" top deck designs will be faster on the clock.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
the split deck may be faster in a handful of scenarios with extremely low grip, in general any of the "traditional" top deck designs will be faster on the clock.
I would agree if you kept all other things identical, however the new A800 mid motor car is very stiff, much more than any car I've felt (stock carbon chassis and top decks) including the Gizmo. It could have something to do with the motor mount they designed, not sure.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

I would agree if you kept all other things identical, however the new A800 mid motor car is very stiff, much more than any car I've felt (stock carbon chassis and top decks) including the Gizmo. It could have something to do with the motor mount they designed, not sure.
when i ran the vertical top deck the traction was low and it helped once the traction started to come up i swapped to the standard top deck.

Old 12-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Tech Champion

The amx car generates grip via the suspension design. Our car generates grip via a more traditoonal manner, which helps the durability of the car.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:16 PM
ntm
Tech Adept

The amx car generates grip via the suspension design. Our car generates grip via a more traditoonal manner, which helps the durability of the car.

Helps durability how ?
Old 12-24-2019, 05:47 AM
Tech Master

Christian, have you tried a split top deck design yet?
Christian, hopefully you will see this question
Old 12-24-2019, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ntm View Post
Helps durability how ?
In terms of design, our car doesnt really break. As ive said before only really need 3 spare parts. Because of the way its designed the beefyness and how things are put together.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-24-2019, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tyler, I will ask him
tbrymer likes this.
Old 12-24-2019, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Christian, hopefully you will see this question
Sorry, been caught up with the holidays.

What do you mean by "Split" ? Like a VTD?

Honestly, I abandoned the VTD a while back. They work well, but offered no real advantage over the std decks. It's heavier up high, harder to work on and more expensive to produce. Like Zac said, in low bite, it can be good, but those are situations that are very rare. Will I play with it again? Probably. However I am on the Asymmetric deck kick right now. Too Many benefits and very simple solution.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Sorry, been caught up with the holidays.

What do you mean by "Split" ? Like a VTD?

Honestly, I abandoned the VTD a while back. They work well, but offered no real advantage over the std decks. It's heavier up high, harder to work on and more expensive to produce. Like Zac said, in low bite, it can be good, but those are situations that are very rare. Will I play with it again? Probably. However I am on the Asymmetric deck kick right now. Too Many benefits and very simple solution.
Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. What I meant was dual top deck, but not vertical. Similar to the new awesomatix car.
Old 12-24-2019, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

No plans immediately. There is too much compromise with that big motor mount with our current platform, including drive train layout. Iíd like to keep the spur in the center of the car.

I am brainstorming some solutions, but this is something maybe 1-2 generations down.

Marcos.J and tbrymer like this.
Old 12-24-2019, 01:20 PM
ntm
Tech Adept

In terms of design, our car doesnt really break. As ive said before only really need 3 spare parts. Because of the way its designed the beefyness and how things are put together.

Iím not trying to be antagonistic at all, but I suspect that perception of ďbeefynessĒ, and the associated perception of amx cars as fragile, is just that, only perception.
The reality at my local track is that there are more gizmo failures than amx failures. Particularly the po3ís, due to the way theyíre employed in the gizmo design.

In regards to the larger motor mount and ďsplitĒ top deck on the new mmx, Iím not sure itís ideal on all surfaces.
Iíve found it difficult to get enough flex to tame the very aggressive front end, as have most if you look at the recent setup sheets for mmx cars. Theyíre all hacking the front deck as much as possible to get more flex.
My mmcx cars are easier to make work in lower traction, and more neutral in terms of general handling characteristics.
So the two piece top deck/long motor mount isnít all roses, itís aimed squarely at high traction black carpet.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Durability with P03s on our car is related to 1. The mechanic. 2. not using a hard front bumper.

The P03s should not fail if they are kept fresh. My philosophy is if they pop out once, they get tossed. Of course there are situations that are inevitable, but the failure rate is far lower than when we used P04s and Awesomatix hubs. This is where Zacís observations come from.

Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

When I shred a p03 itís because Iíve done something wrong. If you hit shit, you will wreck shit. Iíve broken ballstuds and had the p03 remain intact. Iíve also had p03ís that were cracked outta the package.
CristianTabush likes this.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Well in terms of failures I typically don't have them. I tap some boards and hit some bigger ones... Haha but mostly just pop something off if I slam into something. I pop it back on and finish practicing, obviously if that happens in a race in SOL, but that goes with any car.

Typically dont break the hats, clips, or ballstuds, but it happens. I replace the ones that pop off after the 3rd time, but that's just me. Its best to replace them more often than not.

As for the amx I have heard(i obviously dont own one), that the arms bend and mount things and other things. Thats what im comparing it to, driving styles and specific tracks have a huge impact on what happens to cars. Im not trying to bad mouth the amx car, there can be things said about the gizmo that the amx guys dont like about the gizmo(i assume), I try to enjoy hanging out with everyone at the track regaurdless of what they drive.

If someone comes up to me running brand x I give them a hand, im a bit more comfortable with the Gizmo cars because I run them, but try to help everyone. I wish everyone a happy holiday and safe travel!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.