Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit >

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Like Tree530Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Old 12-07-2019, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I doubt your car is a pre production beta Gizmo.

You more than likely have one of the first Genesis kits.

Regardless, as I posted above ALL GIZMO kits have come with ARC Slp length shocks since the GZ2 Alloy edition.
racer034life likes this.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

So I rebuilding my car for practice and possible club racing this weekend? Wanted to know how high do you all fill the rear diff? I have the 3D printed diff and I have heard you can blow the diff if you over fill it? Also how is everyone measuring droop with this chassis? Also Cristian thank you for the fast shipping on the parts!
Old 12-11-2019, 04:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
So I rebuilding my car for practice and possible club racing this weekend? Wanted to know how high do you all fill the rear diff? I have the 3D printed diff and I have heard you can blow the diff if you over fill it? Also how is everyone measuring droop with this chassis? Also Cristian thank you for the fast shipping on the parts!
For mosts diff's on the market including the 3d printed one, you fill it up just past the cross pin. So that the oil is 1mm or less above the cross pin. I typically do this with a scale, so that i get the same amount of oil on there every time. I want to say that i use to fill them up with about 1 gram of oil, but its been a while. (Please note that the amx diff should be filled different than this).

I didnt blow up a diff, but i could see how that could happen if you overfill it(same with any diff). Athough i would think it would leak out when you put the top half on/screwed it together.

as for droop I like the over ride height method, however the droop block method is good also. You just have to make sure that the part youre measuring is EXACTLY the same left to right(if using the same part front to rear that should be the case as well).

I personally was having issues with measuring droop on blocks, it never seemed 100% correct on the track. After i switched to the current method i use, it works well(this method can be found on my Facebook page videos for the Genesis). This method isnt a typical over the ride height method. Learning how much to lift the car when setting droop over ride height can be difficult, if someone isnt fimilar with it.

Hope this is helpful. Maybe some guys have thought of a better way than i did to measure droop on the blocks.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
For mosts diff's on the market including the 3d printed one, you fill it up just past the cross pin. So that the oil is 1mm or less above the cross pin. I typically do this with a scale, so that i get the same amount of oil on there every time. I want to say that i use to fill them up with about 1 gram of oil, but its been a while. (Please note that the amx diff should be filled different than this).

I didnt blow up a diff, but i could see how that could happen if you overfill it(same with any diff). Athough i would think it would leak out when you put the top half on/screwed it together.

as for droop I like the over ride height method, however the droop block method is good also. You just have to make sure that the part youre measuring is EXACTLY the same left to right(if using the same part front to rear that should be the case as well).

I personally was having issues with measuring droop on blocks, it never seemed 100% correct on the track. After i switched to the current method i use, it works well(this method can be found on my Facebook page videos for the Genesis). This method isnt a typical over the ride height method. Learning how much to lift the car when setting droop over ride height can be difficult, if someone isnt fimilar with it.

Hope this is helpful. Maybe some guys have thought of a better way than i did to measure droop on the blocks.
same here never had any issues with the 3D printed diff on the genesis or in the GZ2
Old 12-13-2019, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Cristian posted a picture of his shorty pack layout and I just had to try it out ! So waiting to hit the track tomorrow
Old 12-15-2019, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Spoiler

Marcos's Gizmo looked very good and in fact was for sure the fastest car by 4 tenths of a second. The car carries so much corner speed. The entry and exit points are always very sweeping tight. I tried very hard but could not match the hot laps he could pinch out. Great job man!
Marcos.J, dawgmeat and thecaptain like this.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
Spoiler

Marcos's Gizmo looked very good and in fact was for sure the fastest car by 4 tenths of a second. The car carries so much corner speed. The entry and exit points are always very sweeping tight. I tried very hard but could not match the hot laps he could pinch out. Great job man!
yes ! I think I had it going pretty good just getting around the lap traffic is always a challenge lol you came out on top in the Main
thecaptain likes this.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

ready for the weekend
Brian10811 likes this.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
ready for the weekend
the car looks good on and off the track. I think the traction should be very good next race day. Can you be the fastest car again? 😁
Marcos.J and Bry195 like this.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
Cristian posted a picture of his shorty pack layout and I just had to try it out ! So waiting to hit the track tomorrow
Ill lend you a pinion if you need one. im kidding. What am I looking at there? is it really narrow?
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bry195 View Post
Ill lend you a pinion if you need one. im kidding. What am I looking at there? is it really narrow?
lol yes thereís a pinion in there
Old 12-21-2019, 12:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
the car looks good on and off the track. I think the traction should be very good next race day. Can you be the fastest car again? 😁
lol
Old 12-21-2019, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

High roll center set up that Iíve been working on. Works well on grey ozite with 28ís instead of 32ís. Car has tons of steering and is very easy to drive fast.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Christian, have you tried a split top deck design yet?
Old 12-23-2019, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by tbrymer View Post
Christian, have you tried a split top deck design yet?
do you mean the vertical top deck? I tried it about a month or so but itís the one for the rear motor. I had to use a 1.5mm shim under to clear the motor . According to the lap counter the standard top deck was better.

but the new asymmetric top deck seems to be working a lot better .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.