Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit >

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Like Tree530Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Old 10-02-2019, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBM View Post
I have been racing with lorider75 a fair bit over the past year and have taken great interest in his Genesis mid 2020 with the high angle shocks. He brought it to my local track for his shakedown run 2 weeks ago to get a feel for it on high traction black carpet in preparation for the WCICS series opener in Edmonton this past weekend.
The car looked to have loads of steering and good mid corner rotation. The layout and build quality of the car looked fantastic.
I have smj 3.0 springs, as well as 3.5 springs that I'll be sending him to try. I haven't done that math, but I always assumed that the high angle shock setup would require sorting rates ~20-25% higher than a more typical shock angle. lorider75 spends a lot of time at his local track doing testing and working on setup, so I'm looking forward to hearing his comments.
I'm considering trying a Genesis mid 2020 with high angle shock setup in tc stock and moving my a800xah evo to tc mod.
Donít consider the move. Just make the move! Hahahaha
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Those are some Axon 2.9. According to the calculations that I have been running lately, they may not be stiff enough.

I have been playing with RC Crew Chief running some numbers to figure out our springs and damping ratio close to what we do with a traditional set up.

I have some suggestions to try:

Front:
3x1.0 piston and 30 wt
3.2 Rate Spring (SMJ Makes some available at Ulti Tires )
Middle hole on tower

Rear
3x1.0 Piston and 35wt
3.6 Rate Spring (I have a bunch of 3.6 in stock that I made a long time ago)
Top hole on tower

Also, use 1.4 bars all around.

I think we should try this with a higher roll center as well. I suggest 2.0mm under all arms and 2.5mm under the rear upper inner, 2.0 under the front upper inner and 2.0 outer all around.
It might be worth giving it a shot when you have time on a test day.
I race on carpet mainly,won't this set-up work better on asphalt?
Old 10-02-2019, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post
I race on carpet mainly,won't this set-up work better on asphalt?
No, this is considering the surface being carpet. It is still much softer than what we currently run.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

WIll I am going to the track tomorrow afternoon all day, I will try this out, I like a soft car anyone its easier to drive for me anyways. Also I will try this set-up with a type S body. also would you clue your tire or no with this set-up.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

WIll I am going to the track tomorrow afternoon all day, I will try this out, I like a soft car anyone its easier to drive for me anyways. Also I will try this set-up with a type S body. also would you clue your tire or no with this set-up.
To use this set up, you must have the laydown shock conversion. This is not for a traditional suspension set up.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

started off with CT's set up and just a few changes to fit my driving I guess lol)
Ok that I did not know, what would you recommend for the standard car for a base black carpet set-up seeing as I have been using this set-up on carpet and it kinda works. Its not the fastest but it works. be sides lowering the roll-centers does anyone have any other idea's. I'm just trying to get a all around base for the car to work on most of the tracks I race at. I.E small mid-west carpet tracks.

Old 10-02-2019, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Ok that I did not know, what would you recommend for the standard car for a base black carpet set-up seeing as I have been using this set-up on carpet and it kinda works. Its not the fastest but it works. be sides lowering the roll-centers does anyone have any other idea's. I'm just trying to get a all around base for the car to work on most of the tracks I race at. I.E small mid-west carpet tracks.
Iíve got a great black rug set up for the standard car at home. Itís a rear motor, usgt set up. I can post it when I get home later tonight.
CristianTabush likes this.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Suspension is too stiff. Is there short pr long arms on the car?
Old 10-02-2019, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lorider75 View Post

Iíve got a great black rug set up for the standard car at home. Itís a rear motor, usgt set up. I can post it when I get home later tonight.
please post that set-up I would like to over look it, also @ CristianTabush the car has the long arms and amx hubs.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

please post that set-up I would like to over look it, also @ CristianTabush the car has the long arms and amx hubs.

Hereís my starting black rug set up. Easy to drive with 59-60mm glue on the fronts
Old 10-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

The car cannot have long arms and awesomatix hubs. The Genesis was the first kit that had our own, proprietary suspension hubs.

Best thing to do is to post a picture. Once you do, I can help to point you in the right direction.

thanks!
Old 10-03-2019, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lorider75 View Post

Hereís my starting black rug set up. Easy to drive with 59-60mm glue on the fronts
That is a very interesting set up. Why did you raise the outer hubs up?
Old 10-03-2019, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

One of the amx guys was tinkering with it and it seemed to work well so, I tried it. To be honest, it was a change made quite a while ago and I just havenít gone back and tried without the hubs raised
Old 10-03-2019, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

From what I found it increases grip, so the rest of the set up makes sense if that is where you started from.
Old 10-04-2019, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post

Suspension is too stiff. Is there short pr long arms on the car?
Thank you for the help car is doing well, Also I tried to order parts off the website and it said do a back draw but It didn't take any of my info. Do I replace the order and how do I pay also a where can i order a XL T-shirt. Thank you once again.
Also I would like to think everyone on this thread for the help. This car is amazing on black carpet. Coming from a AE7.1 to this is like night a day. I would consider myself new to this level of racing, so going outside of my league of club racing and starting to race the indoor carpet season. This car has brought be some confindence that no other chassis ever has. Keep up the good work can't wait to order my MidMotor thi coming november for my Bday.
Marcos.J and thecaptain like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.