Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit >

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Like Tree530Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Old 09-23-2019, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Received my mid motor kit today
Anyone have a starting setup for it on asphalt?
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-23-2019, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
I just finished mine just put it on PDF pm me your email
RoyB likes this.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
I’ll upload my set up to the web tonight and send you some pictures via email right now.
RoyB likes this.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Here is what I have been running lately. I switch back and forth between the RP 2.6 and RP 2.5-2.8 in the front. XRAY 2.5-2.8 and 2.6 are OK substitutes, but I feel like the RP Progressive is a little stiffer than the XRAY and the 2.6 is a little softer. The stock springs are a good replacement too. They are close to Axon black 2.55 or 2.6

Genesis Mid 2020 Standard Asphalt Set Up
RoyB and Walers like this.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

For notes:
Front
KPI- King pin inclination AKA short outer link position in front. 1.5 is mm of shims
SA- Short arm (LA would be long arm)
0S- 0 for Zero Shims S for short link on upper arm
Shock mount position on arm is:Square to outside, 1 hole out from narrowest setting on arm and using inside hole on mount.
Rear
I - inside hole (would be like KPI in the rear) 1.5 is mm of shims
Shock mount with round part to outside, 3rd hole from widest setting on arm (1st hole being widest, 2nd hole 2nd widest), outside hole on mount.

I will add, I am running 5 degrees of front caster and -4 of rear.
Rear toe link I am running on top of the steering arm. 0 shims inside low profile Avid/XRAY ball with ball cup on outside with 1mm shims. This gives about 1mm of rear bump in and I am running 2.25 degrees of rear toe. This makes the car more aggressive middle of the corner. Zero bumpsteer front (although could be a good thing to add). This is achieved by running lower profile Avid/Xray ball and ball cup on the outside of the steering link

For motor mount:
Forward most screw and last 2 screws. Rear most screw on the mount uses the standoff as a nut and PCS brace sandwiched between mount and post. Run most rearward screw on the brace, but run 1/2 turn loose. This allows the chassis to flex more.

For Diffs:
High Position Rear
Low Position Front

Weight placement:

20g on top of PC Brace
10G behind battery
10g behind each arm in front
5G used as spacer on Center mount post/battery spacer and Servo mount as battery spacer.
Awesomatix flat head screw on layshaft to move battery all the way in.
Protek 8200 Battery
Zoo DBX ultra light
BSR Heavy bumper
Titanium Turnbuckles
With R1 Wurks motor, SSL servo (all the way out) ORCA ESC and fan. Car balances perfectly L/R. Comes in at 1350-1352G
RoyB, NutDriver, DBM and 1 others like this.

Last edited by CristianTabush; 09-23-2019 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Hey guys here is my set up from Apex for the southern Nats, it should be noted that the grip was only MEDIUM. I did make a mistake on the set up, the rear castor is +4 It was not crazy high grip, the main changes I made to the car when the grip was lower, is 2.5 springs, and more castor/camber front, and more camber rear. This set up will work on TC or USGT, I am not sure why the USGT tires developed more grip in the front than rear. The same set up on TC had no issues like the USGT tires did. I hope this helps guys, who are running on black carpet. In 2 weeks I will running on "low" bite black carpet, in which I suspect the only change I will be making is unglued tires. For touring car, I ran the Bitty M410 body ALL THE WAY FORWARD, with the +2mm body mounts(a 2mm shim in between the rear body mount, and the shock tower, this puts the position in approximately the same position as the xray bodies).

Last edited by thecaptain; 09-25-2019 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had the shake down run on my mid motor/lay down shock car on the weekend and I was running significantly less droop(1.8orh front and 1.6orh rear). The traction was crazy high, my shoes were sticking to the rug. I know droop controls the weight transfer but, what did you notice going to more droop?
Old 09-25-2019, 10:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lorider75 View Post
I had the shake down run on my mid motor/lay down shock car on the weekend and I was running significantly less droop(1.8orh front and 1.6orh rear). The traction was crazy high, my shoes were sticking to the rug. I know droop controls the weight transfer but, what did you notice going to more droop?
I tried less droop, and obviously the car didn't roll as much. But the car was also slower for my driving style, which I think is one of the main considerations when determining the amount of droop to use. How i drive is typically letting the car get into the corner and rotate, I do not want the front to pull around the rear. I want the rear to "let go" and I think that is a bit different than how others drive.

So back to the question, after trying less droop, and running some laps, and trying more droop and running some laps. More droop ORH was waster for me, maybe the car is just set up around those settings for me. But if you look at the set up, you can see that the settings front and rear are rather close, just some small differences.
lorider75 likes this.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Some Pictures for you guys in the image below:

Gizmo Genesis Mid 2020
Old 09-26-2019, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Nice looking chassis!
CristianTabush likes this.
Old 09-27-2019, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

I still like the laydown shock option... is that still an option?
Old 09-27-2019, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I still like the laydown shock option... is that still an option?
We have it available, for sure. Just not listed or really “production ready”, but we’ll have it for those that want to test with it and want to help develop it.
Marcos.J and DavidNERODease like this.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
These are the lay down style shocks, i think CT refers to them as the high angle shocks.
what springs are those!
Old 10-01-2019, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Those are some Axon 2.9. According to the calculations that I have been running lately, they may not be stiff enough.

I have been playing with RC Crew Chief running some numbers to figure out our springs and damping ratio close to what we do with a traditional set up.

I have some suggestions to try:

Front:
3x1.0 piston and 30 wt
3.2 Rate Spring (SMJ Makes some available at Ulti Tires )
Middle hole on tower

Rear
3x1.0 Piston and 35wt
3.6 Rate Spring (I have a bunch of 3.6 in stock that I made a long time ago)
Top hole on tower

Also, use 1.4 bars all around.

I think we should try this with a higher roll center as well. I suggest 2.0mm under all arms and 2.5mm under the rear upper inner, 2.0 under the front upper inner and 2.0 outer all around.
It might be worth giving it a shot when you have time on a test day.
Rick Vessell and Marcos.J like this.
Old 10-02-2019, 10:20 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I have been racing with lorider75 a fair bit over the past year and have taken great interest in his Genesis mid 2020 with the high angle shocks. He brought it to my local track for his shakedown run 2 weeks ago to get a feel for it on high traction black carpet in preparation for the WCICS series opener in Edmonton this past weekend.
The car looked to have loads of steering and good mid corner rotation. The layout and build quality of the car looked fantastic.
I have smj 3.0 springs, as well as 3.5 springs that I'll be sending him to try. I haven't done that math, but I always assumed that the high angle shock setup would require sorting rates ~20-25% higher than a more typical shock angle. lorider75 spends a lot of time at his local track doing testing and working on setup, so I'm looking forward to hearing his comments.
I'm considering trying a Genesis mid 2020 with high angle shock setup in tc stock and moving my a800xah evo to tc mod.
CristianTabush and lorider75 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.