Search
Like Tree564Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 05:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (60%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain
I just did a couple of short videos. The first is some changes i made since i ran the car the first time. Predominately for high bite black carpet. The last video is the mounting of a DBX.
Are these video's on your facebook page? and if possible could you post them to this thread thank you.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life
Are these video's on your facebook page? and if possible could you post them to this thread thank you.
I tagged you on his video :
Old 09-17-2019, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 177 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life
Unfortunately rctech doesnt work like that sorry. Thank you Marcos!
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got to race my mid motor Gizmo in the Texas Electric On road series race this last Sunday. The race was held on a old tennis court and traction was medium at best. The car was amazing it was one of my best results in a long time. Ran in the Super stock class which is a hand out 13.5 with gear ratio no less then 5.0. Thanks Christian and everyone on here for the information that’s helping make this car great
Old 09-19-2019, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pisa007
Got to race my mid motor Gizmo in the Texas Electric On road series race this last Sunday. The race was held on a old tennis court and traction was medium at best. The car was amazing it was one of my best results in a long time. Ran in the Super stock class which is a hand out 13.5 with gear ratio no less then 5.0. Thanks Christian and everyone on here for the information that’s helping make this car great
Great job! If you need anything else feel free to ask.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pisa007
same here first day out with it last weeks and was faster than the standard rear motor Genesis !
Old 09-19-2019, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

That's so awesome to hear.

I am cutting long arms this weekend as well. I think under certain conditions, they may be even better.

For those of you that ordered kits, they are on the way. I have 1 pending kit to ship, just waiting on a new order from AMX due tomorrow or Saturday.

I will have like 4-5 kits left out of this first batch if anyone is interested in one. Only 2 of them can be aluminum though, 1 with a solid chassis and 1 with a Flex Chassis. Waiting on Material for it.

I will post official pictures tonight as well as try to get some if not all of the new parts on the website.
Marcos.J and Walers like this.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Ready for a full weekend of outdoor racing !
pisa007 and Ggrant like this.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J

Ready for a full weekend of outdoor racing !
stop showing off brotha lol lol
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I keep losing p06’s. What’s the key to keeping them in the chassis? It’s becoming quite the struggle for me.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lorider75
I keep losing p06’s. What’s the key to keeping them in the chassis? It’s becoming quite the struggle for me.
Had that problem at first. Now after I put them in chassis I use a toothpick to to put a little superglue around the top of them. Haven't lost any since doing this.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

like Roy said, use CA. They should always be glued in.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks guys. I had been gluing them in but, maybe not enough glue. I’ll give glue another shot
Old 09-22-2019, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks guys. I had been gluing them in but, maybe not enough glue. I’ll give glue another shot
I always make sure to push them in, and then seat them the rest of the way with a pair of pliers. I dont glue mine, and dont have an issue. Now ill be loosing them left and right... Haha
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-23-2019, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

The Southern Nationals is over, and all I can say is wow. I showed up Friday afternoon, and got everything set up. While the car was good, it wasn't great I had either to wait for the track to come to me, or adjust the set up. Earlier this month I went to shake down the car at Apex, what I had found out is that the grip is much less for the Nats, than it was for the club race.

I was lucky enough to have help from CT, in conjunction with my knowledge I was able to really hone in the set up, for the qualifiers. I managed to qualify 5th in USGT, and 7th in Can Am stock, with my Fantom powered Gizmo Genesis mid motor car. I have found out a couple of things the hard way this event, the first is do not run a non traditional TC class, and a TC class with the same chassis (the set up eventually becomes too different). I did have some issues with grip developing in the front of the GT tires, causing an over rotation. New tires probably would have fixed this... however I have only ran the class 5 times, I do not really know what that style tires needs. I suspect a different tire prep method, than I was using for touring car tires. Really a bunch of great driving in both classes, no one driving into you ETC. That is to say, that it was just me and the cars on the track, and I didn't step up my game enough to win it. I am by no means the wheel that some others are, but I like to think that I am improving.

I think a huge part of me improving is this car. To throw the car down the first time and be on pace, with the local club guys is really amazing. There is always the local fast guys, and some fast guys out of town that put in some great racing. With my only goal heading into this event is to make the a main in both classes, I count it as a successful weekend, especially considering that this is only the second time I have driven this car. I managed to pick up a couple spots on can am stock, after some calamity up front. The car was good, but the changes required to make the GT tires not flip did cause me to be not as fast in TC. I finished 5th overall, and in GT with the triple a mains I managed to finished 9th.

I cannot wait to get this car back on the track in 2 weeks for the Fall Harvest race,in Southern Indiana. I would like to give Christian a special shout out, for a bad ass car! I will be posting my qualifying set up for for the car (when the car was the best), this week.
Marcos.J and lorider75 like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.