Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit >

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Like Tree346Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Old 09-01-2019, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by F1fletch View Post
Been reading this thread and really enjoying it. Seems a great car with potential on all tracks! Congrats!

When do you realistically expect to start shipping 2020 kits?

Also, did I hear you were releasing an F1 Car Kit..... maybe it was just me wishfully thinking...?
I believe that the 2020 cars will be shipping within the next 2-3 weeks.
Old 09-01-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi guys, so as you all know out roll outs are never Conventional...

Our stuff usually comes out in small batches of about 10-15, Our manual usually follows, and our stuff is constantly evolving to latest spec.

This week, the goal is to get all the conversion kits owed to people shipped. Following that, I should be able to get 4-5 kits out, of which I believe 3 have been payed for. That leaves me with 2 kits either carbon or alloy that I can ship by Friday/Saturday next week. These kits will be the production spec early birds and should be exact to what we will release for the 2020 kits.

After that, the next batch of stuff will be ready in about 2 weeks. With the next batch, we will build a new kit and take our product pictures and do our official release.

There is quite a few of our F1s out there, but they are sort of an “off the menu” item. I really don’t have the time or resources to make the Genesis and the F1 (same reason we are not making the 12th scales currently) so theses are super low volume production. For us to be able to make them, we must receive a donor AE or XRAY kit, $290.00 for double a arm version($250.00 for single upper arm front) and a lot of patience. Best time to get us making these is after the first rush of production of the TCs dies down around and after Christmas. I know, it’s not exactly low cost, but I usually suggest to just pick up like an old $75-100 xray roller to get it done. We use the pod, diff, tubes, shocks and steering system and it’s cheaper this way. We ask to be sent in, because I hand build and ship these out to customers so you get a properly built, boutique F1, ready to tear up carpet or asphalt.

Marcos.J, RoyB and Walers like this.

Last edited by CristianTabush; 09-01-2019 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2019, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Christian, I’m in, can you send me some pics of what they come out like? And which donor car do you prefer?

I Have no problem waiting for the best and having something truly unique as well. Your communication and unique engineering make my F1 heart go faster....keep up the great work sir!!
Old 09-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

XRAY is probably the best donor right now. I don't know that I have any pics of one right now, but I will try to upload some pictures of my personal car that has a Roche Pod. The Roche is ok, but the pod space is limited, which is why I prefer the XRAY one.

FWIW, I think with our design, it's worth going with the double A Arms.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

I finally got to shake down the new genesis 2020 kit this weekend, with the laydown shock conversion kit.

The car was down right killer faster yesterday setting some of the fastest laps in USGT, this was practice though. I under estimated how much the grip would come up from practice to race day. I did have some real struggles with the car on race day because od the traction coming up. The car just had too much grip built into it, I was able to take enough out for the main and still have a productive day with the car.

I got one decent qualifer in, which put me third on the grid. The car was good but not as good as it was in practice that morning or yesterday, about .2 slower on average. Only one real driving error in the main would cause me to stay in third. Myron just ran away with it, hes got that car working well!

I have a good base set up for high bite black carpet, for when i come back down in 3 weeks for the Southern Nats. I just need to make it a bit quicker without having that pesky traction rolling issue, haha. I can post the set up if anyone is running on high bite black carpet.

Attached are some pictures of my car/results. It was awesome racing with the guys down at Apex, as always a super nice facility, with tons of nice guys, and of course great competition.

DARKSIDE and DavidNERODease like this.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Car looks great. I think with very little time xtra R&D could make for a decent FWD car similar to the Awesomatix.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Car looks great. I think with very little time xtra R&D could make for a decent FWD car similar to the Awesomatix.
Thanks. I've had some thoughts about a FWD, but I went a different direction using a GZ2 and a front mounted servo like what Kevin Kreft did on his. The layout allows more centered weight distribution. I did some drawings, but never finished the concept. Much like the other kits, just not enough resources to take upon much more than what is on my table. If we ever find someone to partner up with, that could change though. We have a new 12th scale, New Pro 10, FWD and F1 pretty close to all done, with prototypes of all the cars but a FWD fully operational.
Old 09-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
XRAY is probably the best donor right now. I don't know that I have any pics of one right now, but I will try to upload some pictures of my personal car that has a Roche Pod. The Roche is ok, but the pod space is limited, which is why I prefer the XRAY one.

FWIW, I think with our design, it's worth going with the double A Arms.
Sounds good to me, thank you sir! Looking forward to seeing your car )
Old 09-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

Ok So I can't find the layshaft or pulleys on the gizmo website at all to order them? Can anyone point me in the correct direction. thank you Also i am sorry for the large picture. I took it off my phone..
Old 09-02-2019, 03:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post

Ok So I can't find the layshaft or pulleys on the gizmo website at all to order them? Can anyone point me in the correct direction. thank you Also i am sorry for the large picture. I took it off my phone..
PM Christian. He should be able to help you. Helps me whenever I need it.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racer034life View Post

Email me at [email protected] and Iíll handle it.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Default Symetrical

I'm definitely dig'n the symmetrical upper deck on this car and the electrics are still well positioned. This might be the best overall mid spur layout so far.
DARKSIDE and thecaptain like this.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

I've been asked for the set up by a few guys, that I ran at Apex. Please note that this is SUPER HIGH BITE black CRC carpet. The next time I go down there, I will be running .5mm under the arms, and 1mm under the inner camber links, and start with the rest of this set up. If youre not running on super high bite carpet I recommend running the previous set up I posted, on this thread.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Just received my carbon mid-motor conversion from Cristian today ! What a beauty will work on it tonight and get it ready for some asphalt racing next week !!
Walers likes this.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:10 PM
Tech Addict

So I just got my car in the mail today, Thank you Macrco's J for the chassis sir. So after close review I am looking to see how caster and Droop and measured? Can someone make a video and post it on here or is there a post on the facebook page on how to do this. I know I can buy caster doodles to measure caster.
2nd do you all feel that the AMX diff and Spool are better then the gizmo parts? Or does this offer more Adjustments with the car?
Marcos.J likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service