R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/1028186-gizmo-racing-usa-genesis-tc-kit.html)

DavidNERODease 10-18-2018 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by CristianTabush (Post 15319341)
It's a new design.

The geometry change came to be because I was having difficulty measuring and understanding the geometry with the AMX hubs. Our geometry was sort of like a "gullwing arm" like on a schumacher and some offroad cars. This leads to some funky falling wheel rates, that while great on lower bite, can have a negative effect on the car in higher bite. This is not the case of the AMX because the shock essentially attaches above the arm, but on ours, due to design, this was not the case. I could have raised the shock lower mounting position, but this would have caused us to have to raise the shock and towers and that would have been against what we are trying to do with the platform. Our goal was to have a maximum low CG car with conventional shocks, increase durability, lower parts wear and lower parts count and a wider tuning window as well.

We learned a lot about what we were doing wrong and right with the BETA. The program was a good success. I got such good feedback from the guys that participated and I believe we got to a better understanding of our geometry vs other cars through it all. Another area of focus is we developed a few key optionals to be able to make the car more customizable to peoples' liking. You can now use awesomatix diffs and spools on the car, in case end users don't want to use the 3D printed parts. We will have a VTD conversion for it for those that run on lower grip conditions or want to be able to run an alloy chassis on asphalt and lastly, we have the ULP Towers, with hopefully optional ULP shocks in the near future (now that ARC has announced them, we will source some).

What about Axon shocks (used on the BD9 - possibly the same as T4-18 versions they released)... I noticed you are sponsored by Axon?

CristianTabush 10-18-2018 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease (Post 15319416)
What about Axon shocks (used on the BD9 - possibly the same as T4-18 versions they released)... I noticed you are sponsored by Axon?

It's plausible. But the cost on the Axon shocks is prohibitively expensive. It is higher than the XRAY shocks and typically they come with no plastics. I would have to try to source them directly from Yokomo.

However, I will say, the ARC shocks are phenomenal. Their coating is super awesome and the performance is on par with the benchmark XRAY ones we have used. The price is right too.

And, BTW, not sponsored by Axon, my signature has the brands we distribute and/or re-sell at Gizmo and Reflex

RBLove 10-18-2018 03:00 PM

Looks good. Nice job, Cristian.

Speed Chaser 10-18-2018 03:04 PM

Cristian by any chance have you tried ame shock? They are amazingly smooth I have used them both for racing and drifting great shocks overall. Especially their new V2 model.

glennhl 10-18-2018 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by CristianTabush (Post 15319117)
I am proud of this one:

You should be, what a beautiful car! Great job.

CristianTabush 10-18-2018 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser (Post 15319502)
Cristian by any chance have you tried ame shock? They are amazingly smooth I have used them both for racing and drifting great shocks overall. Especially their new V2 model.

no, I have never had a chance to try them. Don’t really have access to them so I don’t think it would be much of an option at thr time.

WagwanBumba 10-18-2018 07:49 PM

Awesome new car, CT! It's phenomenal looking! Love the updates to the hubs and lower mounting of the arms. I can see littles bits here and there that are improvements over the already awesome beta.

Didn't know the shocks that came with the beta were ARC! They looked xray, but weren't (it seems!). Whats more important is that those shocks are super smooth! Nicer than the T4 shocks I had on my 17.

You've smashed it CT! Well done mate

tbrymer 10-18-2018 08:09 PM

Car looks awesome!

Megatron328 10-19-2018 05:45 AM

The first thing I noticed was it looks like the upper clamps are aluminum and I'm so glad to see that, the carbon pieces made it so time consuming to change spacers/roll center. Glad to see the car progressing.

CristianTabush 10-20-2018 03:27 PM

I wanted the share these pictures from one of the Genesis cars that is already out there:
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...ef194ce246.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...d1281c6776.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...56352ef892.jpghttps://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...04e0722332.jpg

CristianTabush 10-21-2018 09:56 PM

Cars are now available for ordering on our gizmoracingusa.com website.

All pending orders should ship by Wednesday of this week. We should have plenty in stock for those of you that have been waiting to order as well.

Thanks!

thecaptain 10-22-2018 06:59 AM

I was able to run Genesis this weekend at thw Halloween classic at the Gate. This was also my first time running the can am style motors, as well. Let me start by saying how good Genesis is, I had brough my Beta with me, and decided to run Genesis in both stock and super stock, and just switch motors. This car is amazing!!! The corner speed, and tunability of the car is just flat bonkers! After the third qual I was qualified 7th in stock, and 9th in supet stock. There was one more qual to be ran Sunday morning, and I had an Off day... Unfortunately in the 4th qual i had gotten hit from behind and my belt had popped off. I started bq in both classes and didnt finish there. In the main my front belt kept popping off in stock, I tightened it further for super stock, and unfortunely in super stock the firdt 3 laps the car wanted to traction roll to the left, and then stopped. It allowed me to run back up to the 3rd spot, by making a sweet pass in the last 30 seconds. Very very happy with the car, it was hands down the best car ive ever driven. I'll get a set up sheet posted in the next few days. CT did an exceptional job in terms of durability as well, besides the front belt i had no issues with the car, the whole weekend. With the second big race being the Us champs i cannot wait to go run this car again!

JC3 10-22-2018 08:07 AM

I've been looking at the Serpent Project 4X Evo lately. However, this car looks very, very interesting. Nice work!

The Teacher 10-22-2018 11:08 AM

thecaptain, were you using the Genesis with the alloy chassis? Did you run the car with alloy or graphite arms? Last, did you run the low ball for the arm mounts or the stock balls?

CristianTabush 10-22-2018 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by The Teacher (Post 15321405)
thecaptain, were you using the Genesis with the alloy chassis? Did you run the car with alloy or graphite arms? Last, did you run the low ball for the arm mounts or the stock balls?

We only have carbon arms for the genesis. The car comes stock with the low balls. We don’t use the taller balls for anything on this new kit.