Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit >

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Like Tree530Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Old 08-06-2019, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Default Side Effects

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
Before with the long arms we were running the ballstuds in the outer hole on the top and bottom. With the new arms, we opted to go with the outer hole on the bottom of the hub, and the top hole on the top of the hub. This is to create a wider track width, and a shorter upper camber link.

Does that answer your question?
I was asking because kingpin inclination has some significant geometry side effects which have to be accounted for when adjusting camber and caster - or maybe they don't if it turns out that those side effects make you go faster I guess I wanted to know if the intent was to add kingpin inclination for performance reasons but I guess in this case it's a consequence for different reasons - so yes that answers my question. Lap times have the final say.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
Is running kingpin inclination on the front recommended?
It's something I am just starting to test with and are liking so far. The car does feel more stable running mod on a large track. I still need to play around with running some extra caster to see if it actually makes a driving difference. I guess if we were to follow what should happen, it "should" give more in corner steering by moving some of the cornering load to the inner front tire, which also should conserve some outer front tires, (especially in mod asphalt) and fully exploit the advantage of the KPI (given that we adjust for some extra caster).
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I will add that Awesomatix Hubs usually have a little positive king pin angle (depending on the amount of under the hub shims) and I could not tell much of a difference when going from negative to positive by playing around with shims. Ours is a little more drastic.

In the end, it's just stuff to try I guess. If there is one thing I always say is that there are many different ways to go fast.
glennhl and Walers like this.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

I got 2 Genesis the other day one from a team driver , and Iím very impressed !! I ran one in usgt ,the car was untouchable in usgt! Had TQ and A-main win setting the fastest laps in the class. I was able to do a full lap at the same track from previous runs. I ran almost identical set up as Cristianís asphalt set up just a minor change (1mm shim under the front and rear arms) .

my 17.5 had some goodies that Cristian sent me , flex aluminum chassis,flex cut top deck and also the long arm conversion with the new hubs . The car was very fast and carried a lot of corner speed. Had the layshaft screw come loose in the main fighting for 3rd.

Thanks again Cristian for the hop-ups!!
Ggrant, Walers and Bry195 like this.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
I got 2 Genesis the other day one from a team driver , and Iím very impressed !! I ran one in usgt ,the car was untouchable in usgt! Had TQ and A-main win setting the fastest laps in the class. I was able to do a full lap at the same track from previous runs. I ran almost identical set up as Cristianís asphalt set up just a minor change (1mm shim under the front and rear arms) .

my 17.5 had some goodies that Cristian sent me , flex aluminum chassis,flex cut top deck and also the long arm conversion with the new hubs . The car was very fast and carried a lot of corner speed. Had the layshaft screw come loose in the main fighting for 3rd.

Thanks again Cristian for the hop-ups!!
I was very impressed with both of Marcos's Genesis cars. I am thinking about buying the new Genesis for my 2nd class in the future. Next week I will give one a spin around the track. I think the Genesis was holding the fastest corner speed of any car around the track. It was very impressive all the way around the track.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brian10811 View Post
I was very impressed with both of Marcos's Genesis cars. I am thinking about buying the new Genesis for my 2nd class in the future. Next week I will give one a spin around the track. I think the Genesis was holding the fastest corner speed of any car around the track. It was very impressive all the way around the track.
thanks Brian fun day for sure :
Old 08-18-2019, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator

Walers likes this.
Old 08-18-2019, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

started off with CT's set up and just a few changes to fit my driving I guess lol)

Last edited by Marcos.J; 08-19-2019 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-19-2019, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ran my midmotor car this weekend and improved my personal best time by 6 seconds 1st night out with it. Generally easier to drive fast. In mod of course as 17.5 is always easy to drive with any setup.
Marcos.J, Ggrant and Brian10811 like this.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Iíve been saying it since my gz2, the gizmo cars are the best in the business. Itís a better amx in my opinion. I canít wait to get my hands on the mid motor and the high angle shock system.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-19-2019, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
Ran my midmotor car this weekend and improved my personal best time by 6 seconds 1st night out with it. Generally easier to drive fast. In mod of course as 17.5 is always easy to drive with any setup.
hope to convert both mine very soon
Ggrant likes this.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
hope to convert both mine very soon
BOTH ? Lol lol u know u can send one my way right lol
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ggrant View Post

BOTH ? Lol lol u know u can send one my way right lol
I hear that the 20/20, as is seeing the light for the first time :P, will be available really soon!
Marcos.J and Ggrant like this.
Old 08-19-2019, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is there a plan to release a mid motor kit with long arms?
Old 08-19-2019, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by malkiy View Post
Is there a plan to release a mid motor kit with long arms?
As The Captain stated ďsoonĒ:
Ggrant likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.