Like Tree530Likes

Gizmo Racing USA Genesis TC Kit

Old 08-04-2019, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

https://www.macksprings.com/leaf-spr...tem-is-better/

https://sandersonleafsprings.co.uk/l...-coil-springs/

https://www.carsdirect.com/aftermark...ing-suspension

Nope, there is nothing out there on this subject matter.
glennhl and gigaplex like this.
Old 08-05-2019, 05:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

... Back to the mid motor Gizmo Genesis build.

The car went together the best out of any car I've ever built. (Once I figured out how to finagle the top deck on... haha).

The car is completely built, balanced, and has electronics installed. Just need a bit of time on the set up station to finish it up for some track time.

I did end up adding about 100 grams of weight in total, I was able to put it all town the center line, which was nice. (this is with the solid alu chassis, and alu screws on top of the chassis).

I did opt to use the new sway bar mounts, and the new laydown style shock system. Overall SUPER pleased with the build, now I just have to wait 4 weeks to get it on a track...
Old 08-05-2019, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

I would like to see lots of pics of your build
Old 08-05-2019, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post

The car went together the best out of any car I've ever built. (Once I figured out how to finagle the top deck on... haha).

The car is completely built, balanced, and has electronics installed. Just need a bit of time on the set up station to finish it up for some track time.

I did end up adding about 100 grams of weight in total, I was able to put it all town the center line, which was nice. (this is with the solid alu chassis, and alu screws on top of the chassis).

I did opt to use the new sway bar mounts, and the new laydown style shock system. Overall SUPER pleased with the build, now I just have to wait 4 weeks to get it on a track...
Don't worry the top deck is a bltch on the ARC mid motor I built also. Just the way they are.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I would like to see lots of pics of your build
Ill get some pictures today, or tomorrow at the latest.
Old 08-05-2019, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thank you for these links, I learned a lot.
Old 08-05-2019, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I got mine mostly together this past weekend as well. Need to redo sway bars the new way mounted in the plastic ball cup directly in the new arms. Yes top deck is a hassle to get on and I of course took mine on and off about 20 times redoing stuff....lol
glennhl likes this.

Last edited by YBSLOW; 08-05-2019 at 09:12 AM. Reason: sp
Old 08-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there a way to fit the steering bellcranks from this car to the GZ2?
Old 08-05-2019, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Is there a way to fit the steering bellcranks from this car to the GZ2?
I believe you should be able to use the bellcranks on the gz2, post a picture of the bottom of the chassis to make sure the bell crank mounting holes are there.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I believe you should be able to use the bellcranks on the gz2, post a picture of the bottom of the chassis to make sure the bell crank mounting holes are there.
Are they the awesomatix piece? I cant find them on the Gizmo website.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I changed my carbon chassis GZ2 to the Awesomatix bellcranks, had to get a different servo plate from Christian to make it fit.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Youll have to excuse my jelly bean colored car... Ill have all the same colored screws here soon. The new sway bar stand offs will look different than mine, but will have a similar result.

Old 08-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Is running kingpin inclination on the front recommended?
Old 08-06-2019, 02:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Neat feature, I'd run it all the time.

About the spring rate and angle, a linear spring can be made progressive if the angle of it in relation to the lower attachment point changes during stroke. That's what's happening more a pronounced way with the new parts, soft around center and stiffer on the end of compression stroke,thats why Christian says the AMX returns quickly to resting position, in reality it has extra help to return from roll to resting position from the spring mounting point change. On the gizmo and other cool over designs one has to rely on the angle change to create that effect.

Leaf vs coil is almost the same, a spring is a spring to the tyre but how you can package and use the spring rate change and even stroke range to your advantage is what matters. Leaf springs are interesting because you can package then longitudinal or transversal connecting single wheels or pairs like early 1960 F1 cars that relied 100% on mechanical grip *hint*.
CristianTabush likes this.
Old 08-06-2019, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Before with the long arms we were running the ballstuds in the outer hole on the top and bottom. With the new arms, we opted to go with the outer hole on the bottom of the hub, and the top hole on the top of the hub. This is to create a wider track width, and a shorter upper camber link.

Does that answer your question?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.