Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Aluminum lower front suspension arms >

Aluminum lower front suspension arms

Aluminum lower front suspension arms

Old 02-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Aluminum lower front suspension arms

Does anyone know where this guy got these aluminum lower front suspension arms?
(That picture was taken at the 2006 Snowbirds.)

Last edited by James35; 02-20-2006 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

I've never seen them for 1/12 scale before but that doesn't mean they do not make them. Keep in mind that the car in the picture is a 1/10th scale oval car.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

10th uses the same front ends as 12th though, so I WANT this aluminum piece! I bet this is custom made, because I've never seen one for sale before.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

They look like the ones from Raceway mfg.- click here
Old 02-20-2006, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

www.hobbyetc.com sells them as well as raceway..

Now ive been runing pan cars for close to 15 years now.. Ive seen alot of guys try these front arms out.. Eventually they go back to stock.. here is why..

1 they are aluminum.. they are over twice as heavy as the stock arm.. this changes the front weight of the car..

they can easily bend. not knowing there bent will cause you setup frustration for weeeks..

There also wider then stock..

ive seen aluminum screws break off in them, then there junk...

they use an upper eyelet for the lower arm.. this is a flex point.. plus it is a screw through the eyelet, and it never really sites straight..

Are they cool looking ?? YEP.. Are they a must have NOPE.. the 55 bucks for them can be spent in alot better ways..but if you want the bling go for it..

ive seen it proven time and time again .. the stock front end is faster then the aluminum ones..
Old 02-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Although the bling looks nice, the main reason I'd like these is because I want to lower the already lowered arms so I can run even smaller tires. When you shave off more plastic material from the already lowered arms, there isn't much material for the screws to hold the arms.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by James35
Although the bling looks nice, the main reason I'd like these is because I want to lower the already lowered arms so I can run even smaller tires. When you shave off more plastic material from the already lowered arms, there isn't much material for the screws to hold the arms.
I'm running shaved stock plastic arms for lowered front end. Absolutely no issues with mine or the dozen other people at my track. Save your money, or admit you just want the bling factor.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Has anyone else experienced problems with the aluminum bending?
Old 02-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default MCRC Specialties A.L.S Adjustable Lower Suspension Arms

I found these on another site.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a GREAT NEW PRODUCT!! These are MCRC Specialties A.L.S (Adjustable Lower Suspension) Arms. They are machined Aluminum, and are FULLY ADJUSTABLE!!. You can raise and lower your front ride height in a matter of seconds by loosing the 2 "tie-down" bolts, and adjusting the height of the arm with the 2 set screws on the top. Comes with Lunsford turnbuckle and associated eyelet. Check out the photos of the arms and their instructions.

These are in use by nearly a dozen racers in the midwest already. I personally run them on my car, and they are great!! If I want a little more, or less rake in the car, or need a little more ride height, I can change it in just seconds!! No washers to fiddle with!
They are $62.95 a pair, w/Free Shipping!! I accept Pay Pal and Money Orders. If you are interested in a set just give me an email at: [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Aluminum lower front suspension arms-susarms1.jpg   Aluminum lower front suspension arms-susarms4.jpg  
Old 02-20-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Woa! Those babies aren't getting bent!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'd think that since the lower arm is essentially reduced to just a turnbuckle linkage they would actually be more prone to bending/breaking
Old 02-21-2006, 12:38 AM
Tech Master

The mcr.s look very nice, but i had mine on for about two race days before i took them off.. They do not hold there adjustments .. and the eyelet on the lower arm has alot of play in it.. the screw that goes into the aluminum is not a tight enough fit.. The eyelet also moves.. they dont bend but they do tweak.. since there is adjustable parts they can be off after a wreck.. I gave mine to a buddy and he didnt like them either... they are also very heavy compared to anything else out there...

im not bashing the product because the concept is good.. im offering my opinion on what i felt about them.. They