Cheap car for FPV >

Cheap car for FPV

Like Tree2Likes

Cheap car for FPV

Old 10-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by anthonyscardina View Post
Yes tough to support with no cheap cars available locally, save for tamiya. Tossed a standard bumper and set of jacos on my TT-01 today and mounted the cam on an old body. It's awfully kludgy but will provide an answer as to whether this idea works with lower camera height. Position looked good while running it on the street, we will see how it is on the track soon.

Thats a better height for video. Iíve ziptied a camera to roof before. Not for FPV. Video looks good, but lots of vibration from body. Made USGT look very fast. I used it in an opening for video last summer
Old 10-03-2018, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Yes tough to support with no cheap cars available locally, save for tamiya. Tossed a standard bumper and set of jacos on my TT-01 today and mounted the cam on an old body. It's awfully kludgy but will provide an answer as to whether this idea works with lower camera height. Position looked good while running it on the street, we will see how it is on the track soon.
I recognize that body!
Old 10-03-2018, 05:06 AM
Tech Lord

Not sure if Associated still offers it. But there is another option to Tamiya. The Apex. They did offer it as a roller. Now I’m aware that most never saw it as having a race potential. But it was/is a solid durable, easy to drive chassis. Price was higher then a basic Tamiya though.

Last edited by Billy Kelly; 10-03-2018 at 05:21 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Associated has discontinued all on road except the F6, 12R6, and TC7.2
Old 10-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Tech Lord

Associated has discontinued all on road except the F6, 12R6, and TC7.2
well thatís not good to read.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Vibrations really kills the FPV experience. Those rally tracks have the cars bouncing all over the place.
That is because they make rally courses that are more reminiscent of off road.. A well prepped( and flatter) course and a soft set of dampers and tire inserts will fix alot of that. Add the camera being mounted solidly to the chassis it should be decent. Problem is ofc. that these things go way to fast compared to a bigger real sized vehicle. If i would do something like this i would honestly go drifting or at least drive with drifting tires. People think you can only drift with the drifting tires for them to work but on carpet the hard plastic pick up alot of the tire prep stuff (at least years ago, on a dirty track) and you get grip that allows for normal driving with alot more slides than normal TC. It was fun. Personally i do not drift because the guys think i go too fast as i do not run the "sanctioned" plastic "tire" so i rather slide/drive on the TC carpet track when no one else is running on it. It is great fun. People should try it. (on their regular TC)