Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Why so many carbon base plates and no Alum :/
Old 07-24-2019, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tremor24
I’m not sure if it’s simply the rotary dampers that make the mid motor work so well. The Awesomatix also went to much longer front and rear arms at about the same time as moving to the mid motor (+8mm front and +9mm rear) which is not a straightforward task with the types of arms most cars use.
Nailed it.

This is something that the conversions are *not* doing, however, the factory cars won’t ignore this aspect.

Hence taking a little longer for some.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Because in the countries where TC is as popular as off-road (which it’s not in the US) or *more* popular (like Japan) it’s currently asphalt season. For australia, it’s asphalt season all year 😂
Old 07-24-2019, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus

Nailed it.

This is something that the conversions are *not* doing, however, the factory cars won’t ignore this aspect.

Yep, I'm pretty sure you will see some long arm options on other cars soon
Tremor24 likes this.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cplus

Nailed it.

I disagree here. Long arms are just a tuning option. We have multiple length arms that we have tested with both out mid motor conversion, 2 spur car and conventional set up. They are better in some conditions than others, but not always the best option for a car with traditional dampers.

For one, the springs we use are not matched for the longer arms suspensions. Depending on the design, usually much softer springs have to be used to get the correct wheel rates. Typically longer arms give higher stability at the expense of steering and response. This can be good for lower grip or outdoor sweeping tracks, but this is not always best for all conditions. They have their place, but by no means are they necessary to make a mid motor car work, or optimize the performance for that matter. If anything, having the option actually complicates the tuning window for avg users who do not have advanced understanding of chassis and suspension Dynamics.

In the end, there is no “one way” to do things right. There are many ways to achieve a fast car and mid motor cars and longer arms are simply just options in the mix now that are viable options to fine tune your cars even further.
Bigiogas32 likes this.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I disagree here. Long arms are just a tuning option.
I’m not saying it is a “must” i agree with you, it’s a tuning option.

An option that has been working well for AMX so there is absolutely NO DOUBT that manufacturers will model it, prototype it, test it, modify it, test it again and optimise () the outcome. Might be long - might be not. But they won’t release such a change without bottoming out if it is right or not first.

Which is stark difference to zero tribe et all doing mid mount conversions. They are simply playing with top decks, belts and motor mounts. Not bulkheads, suspension mounts, arms, links, driveshafts etc etc etc.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Could someone tell me if mid motor conversion kit with alu chassis really worth on high grip CRC carpet like yatabe arena or keep running original configuration, please?

Best regards
Old 07-25-2019, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Got my Towers. Ran them last Saturday for practice. I need to do back to back testing to see how they feel compared to stock.

Old 07-30-2019, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Putting out an idea, want financial compensation if it happens:

maybe instead of having to lose 10,000 diff adjustment balls and springs, yokomo could make a part where the ball is physically attached to the spring. Then, the other side of the spring could be made completely sealed so that a drop of ca can secure the spring in the bulkhead.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by purplerain

maybe instead of having to lose 10,000 diff adjustment balls and springs, yokomo could make a part where the ball is physically attached to the spring. Then, the other side of the spring could be made completely sealed so that a drop of ca can secure the spring in the bulkhead.
How are you loosing those lol? From the 16-19 haven't lost one. The springs usually stay in the bulkhead, if you are doing diff work or moving the car around with the diff out I always grab a magnet and take the little diff balls out first thing.
Bigiogas32 likes this.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Glue

Originally Posted by purplerain

Mine have stayed put so far but maybe a drop of CA would fasten the ball to the spring
Old 07-30-2019, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

... then use grease to hold the spring in the bulkhead.
tbrymer likes this.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:27 PM
Tech Addict

Gah! Glue! Grease!? Just leave them alone lol... and pay attention
OVA, Bgilli26 and Bigiogas32 like this.
Old 08-01-2019, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Here you go
https://www.rcmarket.com.hk/index.ph...roduct_id=7233
Available for the T4 and BD9. Much cheaper than the Rebellion and you can mount the servo on both sides if using a small battery. Also the belts/diffs switch sides. Very interesting.
https://www.redrc.net/2019/08/arrowm...onversion-kit/
Old 08-01-2019, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Here you go
https://www.rcmarket.com.hk/index.ph...roduct_id=7233
Available for the T4 and BD9. Much cheaper than the Rebellion and you can mount the servo on both sides if using a small battery. Also the belts/diffs switch sides. Very interesting.
https://www.redrc.net/2019/08/arrowm...onversion-kit/
My buddy told me about the arrowmax kit the other day actually, looks awesome! This would be the choice for me if time comes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.