Search
Like Tree321Likes

Yokomo BD9

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
What size (capacity) battery is he using - I can't quite make it out?
looks like this one: https://www.lrp.cc/en/product/p5-hv-...-lipo-120c60c/
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Doucakis

Ronald's car at DHI Cup coming in 2nd
Interesting I've alway run my battery the other way around giving more weight to the front for steering..
mracer1 likes this.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:57 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Akhor
Interesting I've alway run my battery the other way around giving more weight to the front for steering..
i found there to only be a 2g difference in weight between one end of the lipo and the other, so i install the lipo in the orientation that allows shorter wires.
Akhor likes this.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone have an eta for back in stock?
Old 01-15-2019, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DBM
i found there to only be a 2g difference in weight between one end of the lipo and the other, so i install the lipo in the orientation that allows shorter wires.
Did you take into account the weight of the male bullets with wire soldered to them? Can be 10g+ right there. Which would add to that end of the pack.
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Brian10811
I am interested if any stock drivers will show up at Snowbirds. I might drive over to watch the mains. The tricky part is I think the mains are on Super Bowl Sunday.
I would imagine the car would be pretty good on black carpet. Xray seems to have a very good grasp on carpet with a carpet setup included.
AJ Lorello does the manual have a carpet setup included?
Hey Brian,

It appears that the manual is the same for both cars. There doesn’t seem to be a specific carpet or asphalt standard setup. I pretty much built my asphalt car to the manual and found it was really good.

The Petit site has a good starting set up for the BD9 for carpet. Unfortunately I can post links yet.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Got the kit setup on my car for next weeks big carpet race. We run on the old gray carpet though. Can't wait for my first run with the car.

Old 01-18-2019, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Got the kit setup on my car for next weeks big carpet race. We run on the old gray carpet though. Can't wait for my first run with the car.
Good luck with the car. I think you are going to love it. I think if you feel you need a little more grip, Lay the shocks in at the top. Also, I have had much improved mechanical grip on lower grip surfaces by running the upper camber links as short as possible. I am usually running fronts on outside holes in bulkhead, rears in box setting placement.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Default Yokomo, vs Serpent vs Destiny, vs Mugen vs VBC vs Xray

Having built all of these TC kits recently (current models except the Xray was a '17) - here are some thoughts from a decent club racer point of view. First an important note: All of the above mentioned kits are very good, each with their own stand out features and each with some imperfections. All these TC's get at least an 8.5 out of 10 overall for race winning readiness out of the box.
Long story short, the Yokomo BD9 gets a 9.9. There is nothing to upgrade [although I installed a Xray hard foam bumper (slightly thinner than Yokomo) and Xray servo saver - closely matches geometry of included servo horns]. And this car is not a "black Xray" - as appealing as that sounds. Despite some cosmetic similarities of a few parts - this is a very meticulously refined chassis. The arms for example are not the same length as Xray and are not even symmetrical left to right - highly refined dedicated performance parts for each corner of the car. The Axon shocks are sick. The rear diff is perfect. Both front and rear diff outdrives can be used blade or bladeless (this is awesome). Everything that should be aluminum is aluminum - even the spur gear spacer is aluminum. All the suspension plastics are graphite except the C hubs. The ball cups are the best (no surprise). You get optional and additional aluminum screws - even a nice aluminum turnbuckle wrench is included. No potentially weak parts anywhere on this car. Everything is free and smooth. Very little effort is required to build a perfect car - follow the instructions and go racing.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

... and this is literally the first TC I've built that didn't have some kind of issue mounting the servo. The one piece servo mount has a flat ridged area that the servo case presses up against ensuring a perfectly aligned servo position that won't tweak or skew. The included servo hardware also worked perfectly (a rarity despite strong efforts by some of the other manufactures). Further more the servo mount is attached to the chassis very close to the mounting position of the bell cranks/steering rack reducing flex in the system. The finished assembly is noticeably stiffer that most of my other cars.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Just need to shorten battery leads then center servo👍🏽

Old 01-23-2019, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Nice XRAY.
hanulec and Flygio like this.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Just need to shorten battery leads then center servo👍🏽

Use the standard screws on the top deck. Those ones will break right away.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Default Screws

Originally Posted by Akhor
Use the standard screws on the top deck. Those ones will break right away.
I thought it was just upper bulkhead screws that needed to be steel?
Old 01-23-2019, 10:02 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Twice i've been in a wreck that was bad enough to break a top deck, yet none of the aluminum screws were ever damaged. I have also never had issues with aluminum bulkhead screws in stock classes, but i use titanium bulkhead screws in mod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.