Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree321Likes

Yokomo BD9

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
Probably the problem is that they put the top deck split on the front instead of the rear like is done traditionally . I believe if they change this it would be much better. In the meantime I think you should try the front stand off screw in with the proper amount of spacers under the top deck. To stiffen the front.
I did use the front stand off but it doesn't help much on the carbon kit. I'm going to try a couple things tonight before my PSM chassis comes in.
Old 09-13-2019, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

DavidNERODease, I have both the BD9 and MTC1 fully optioned out...it's not even close the DB9 out performs the MTC1 on any surface in any class.
Marcos.J and DaSilva3525 like this.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:38 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
DavidNERODease, I have both the BD9 and MTC1 fully optioned out...it's not even close the DB9 out performs the MTC1 on any surface in any class.
The is the first time I ever heard that.. I am sure you may have a good answer on this one..(Why! )
Old 09-13-2019, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

OVA, unfortunately I'm the guy locally who is known to try everything. With the guys I race with locally I know where I should shake out regardless of what car I drive. I ran the MTC1 on both carpet and pavement and could never get it on pace with the guys I normally would run with. The car never seemed to have the steering I needed and seemed to carry little to no corner speed. I spent at least 3 to 4 months running the car trying different things. Now with the Yokomo, not only was I on pace with the normal guys I run with but I'm actually challenging some of the guys I rarely hang with. This was after only a few weeks with the car. So at the very least I feel the car has a wider setup window. In my opinion I feel the MTC1 has weird flex characteristics. I tried all of the different top decks with the different center braces and could never get the car to have steering and rear traction at the same time. The front caster blacks are too soft...even after the update.
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 09-13-2019, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

OVA, unfortunately I'm the guy locally who is known to try everything. With the guys I race with locally I know where I should shake out regardless of what car I drive. I ran the MTC1 on both carpet and pavement and could never get it on pace with the guys I normally would run with. The car never seemed to have the steering I needed and seemed to carry little to no corner speed. I spent at least 3 to 4 months running the car trying different things. Now with the Yokomo, not only was I on pace with the normal guys I run with but I'm actually challenging some of the guys I rarely hang with. This was after only a few weeks with the car. So at the very least I feel the car has a wider setup window. In my opinion I feel the MTC1 has weird flex characteristics. I tried all of the different top decks with the different center braces and could never get the car to have steering and rear traction at the same time. The front caster blacks are too soft...even after the update.
pretty much same here the MTC1 was ok outdoors , on black crc carpet it was way off pace
Old 09-13-2019, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Stiil soft..........that's not good!

Old 09-13-2019, 06:58 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hey Teacher
I thought you were saying opposite ..Sorry I missed read your post.. I do agreed with your resulted .
Old 09-15-2019, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

I've done well with my MTC1 so my expectations are high. If I don't get BD9 like performance out of it this month, it'll be heartbreaking. It's so pretty.
Brian10811 likes this.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

So what setup's are people running with the Medius kit? Did you all start off with the same setup and just switch chassis?
Old 09-15-2019, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Man with all the hype over the new mid motor conversions I broke down and ordered a Medius kit... Now I have to test the alloy chassis, stiff graphite chassis and the mid motor alloy chassis...all before indoor season starts. If anybody has any good CRC black carpet setups using any of these chassis please post..
Old 09-15-2019, 02:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
So what setup's are people running with the Medius kit? Did you all start off with the same setup and just switch chassis?
More or less the setup from nationals adjusted slightly. I'm not sure that one is going to be beaten while it's hot. When it cools down we can drop the rollcenters some.
Old 09-15-2019, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
More or less the setup from nationals adjusted slightly. I'm not sure that one is going to be beaten while it's hot. When it cools down we can drop the rollcenters some.
cavs setup from the nats? I ran my own setup as I was the only BD9 at the track in spec prior to the nats. The other BD9 owner runs mod.

Old 09-16-2019, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Could anyone tell me if BD9 could use Xray T4 19 anti roll bar?

Because i feel Yokomo roll bar quality become badly!
Old 09-16-2019, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST

cavs setup from the nats? I ran my own setup as I was the only BD9 at the track in spec prior to the nats. The other BD9 owner runs mod.

I run it in stock, it's really good if you run Solaris. A flatter tire needs something to exit the corner better
Old 09-23-2019, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Default PSM

This PSM chassis is very impressive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.