Like Tree321Likes

Yokomo BD9

Old 07-11-2019, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
What kind of benefits?
More rotation and better weight distribution?
Old 07-11-2019, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Seems to be the way TC is going to be going in the future or at least the option. An alum chassis is my most wanted addition to a MM Conversion if anything. I have never driven a MM TC to give details but I would assume more steering, more rotation, some more corner speed.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Well AMX has been dominating at every event on every surface with mid motor/equal belt length cars for about a year now so conversions are coming out for literally every standard TC in existence. I like it but there are some trade offs in electronics positions (even on the AMX)... Rebellion is claiming to solve these issues and will make conversions for all popular std TC's.
https://www.redrc.net/2019/06/rebell...rsion-teasers/
Old 07-11-2019, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Yup.. time will tell in the next 4-5 months how many conversion kits and updates we will see. Maybe it's going to be like off road soon where you can buy a Mid or Rear motor car from the factory lol..

I know a few guys at my local track that have 2 or 3 Awx cars in different configs o.O
Old 07-11-2019, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Guys, need some help.

I've installed the steering brace/stiffener by RCMAKER & now my steering response is awesome! The problem is now the back side of my kit is loosing grip due to the improve steering response.

What fix can I do on the back side?
Old 07-11-2019, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

airbiscuit, where is it loosing grip entry, mid or exit of the corner? I had the same problem with my car once I got it to steer like I like it. Haven't totally solved the problem yet but have made things better by playing with the anti-dive in the front and rear toe. Have played with camber link angles as well but not sure if that's helping or hurting yet.l
Old 07-11-2019, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
Yup.. time will tell in the next 4-5 months how many conversion kits and updates we will see. Maybe it's going to be like off road soon where you can buy a Mid or Rear motor car from the factory lol..

I know a few guys at my local track that have 2 or 3 Awx cars in different configs o.O
sad thing is our on road cars cost the same as 8th scale off road cars ☹️ By the time you purchase a kit and a conversion kit all you need is your OS engine and you’re nitro ready.....lol None of the Manufacturers of the standard cars are making these kits so I dont expect to see complete kits offered any time soon. I could be wrong though.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
Well AMX has been dominating at every event on every surface with mid motor/equal belt length cars for about a year now so conversions are coming out for literally every standard TC in existence. I like it but there are some trade offs in electronics positions (even on the AMX)... Rebellion is claiming to solve these issues and will make conversions for all popular std TC's.
https://www.redrc.net/2019/06/rebell...rsion-teasers/
The weird thing about the rebellion is that the top plate is so much wider on the battery side of the car. Seems like that would make the front to rear flex different on both sides, by a lot. I'm not sure how, or if, it translates to the track.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Teacher
airbiscuit, where is it loosing grip entry, mid or exit of the corner? I had the same problem with my car once I got it to steer like I like it. Haven't totally solved the problem yet but have made things better by playing with the anti-dive in the front and rear toe. Have played with camber link angles as well but not sure if that's helping or hurting yet.l
I am loosing grip on mid corner causing my kit to spin out.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by airbiscuit
I am loosing grip on mid corner causing my kit to spin out.

-Drop the rear inner camber link down .5mm to start (More camber gain, higher roll center)
-If you are running the long T plate take out any screws in the rear section of the T plate
-Stiffer rear springs
-Try reducing the rear droop by another .2 (Ex if are 3.0 under the rear arm bridge go 3.2 or 3.3
- Add a hair more front droop like .2 (Ex if you are at 6. under the front arm pin go 5.8

If you are still having some grip issues add a little bit more rear toe.
airbiscuit likes this.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tbrymer
The weird thing about the rebellion is that the top plate is so much wider on the battery side of the car. Seems like that would make the front to rear flex different on both sides, by a lot. I'm not sure how, or if, it translates to the track.
Look closely, there is only one side next to the spur gear, that's why it is so wide.

EDIT: I'm guessing they also made it much wider so that in twisting it would approximate the rest of the top plate. Since it's offset, you have to make it wider to have the same torsional stiffness of the rest of the plate.

Last edited by glennhl; 07-12-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-12-2019, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
Look closely, there is only one side next to the spur gear, that's why it is so wide.

EDIT: I'm guessing they also made it much wider so that in twisting it would approximate the rest of the top plate. Since it's offset, you have to make it wider to have the same torsional stiffness of the rest of the plate.
I'm not questioning the torsional flex, just the front to rear. Having the top plate thicker on one side should allow for one side to flex more than the other, which isn't desirable. Pretend you are taking the front of the car and the rear and folding the car in half. The side with the wider top plate will tend not to move and the other side (motor side) will tend to flex easier.
glennhl likes this.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525
-Drop the rear inner camber link down .5mm to start (More camber gain, higher roll center)
-If you are running the long T plate take out any screws in the rear section of the T plate
-Stiffer rear springs
-Try reducing the rear droop by another .2 (Ex if are 3.0 under the rear arm bridge go 3.2 or 3.3
- Add a hair more front droop like .2 (Ex if you are at 6. under the front arm pin go 5.8

If you are still having some grip issues add a little bit more rear toe.
Thanks! I'll try it out when the time comes.
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 07-19-2019, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Rebellion mid update - looks really good!
https://www.redrc.net/2019/07/rebell...s-coming-soon/
Tremor24 and Bigiogas32 like this.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:40 AM
Tech Elite

And another...
https://www.redrc.net/2019/07/arrowm...s/#more-172065
Tremor24 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.