Originally Posted by DaSilva3525 View Post
Awesome man, welcome to the darkside of the force

Old 06-10-2019, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Aye! Looks great man. The punisher logo is clutch
Old 06-11-2019, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Need some help!!! Ran my car for the 2nd time this past weekend and it was great...! However, by the end of the day I found that if I drove the car hard into the corner or too deep into the corner and need to turn sharply it would spin out. It does it equal to both sides so it makes me think there is nothing broken just bad setup. I stripped the car down and totally rebuilt it and didn't find anything wrong. Two things I'm doing in my setup that may be causing the problem...one, I'm running my front spool low and rear diff high. Second, I'm running 1mm under rear suspension mounts and only .5mm under front suspension mounts. The rest is fairly normal...5mm ride height, 2 deg camber F/R, 4 deg caster, 450cst in shocks, 3 hole piston, progressive 2.3 - 2.6 spring up front and 2.5 in the rear.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Good question, I haven't seen any newer part numbers yet for the ball ends.
B9-s6
https://teamyokomo.com/parts/B9-S6/
Old 06-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

Did you tried change the springs and use progressive on the rear... 2.5 on the front?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Need some help!!! Ran my car for the 2nd time this past weekend and it was great...! However, by the end of the day I found that if I drove the car hard into the corner or too deep into the corner and need to turn sharply it would spin out. It does it equal to both sides so it makes me think there is nothing broken just bad setup. I stripped the car down and totally rebuilt it and didn't find anything wrong. Two things I'm doing in my setup that may be causing the problem...one, I'm running my front spool low and rear diff high. Second, I'm running 1mm under rear suspension mounts and only .5mm under front suspension mounts. The rest is fairly normal...5mm ride height, 2 deg camber F/R, 4 deg caster, 450cst in shocks, 3 hole piston, progressive 2.3 - 2.6 spring up front and 2.5 in the rear.

Without anything actually wrong with the car I would recommend the following..

-Put the 1mm Roll center shims under the front hinge pin holders to get a higher roll center and match the rear.
-Flip the front diff in the high position to match the rear. This frees the car up mid corner for smooth action with less dog bone plunge (Especially on high grip carpet)
-Go stiffer on the front springs 2.4-2.7 prog would be a nice step up
-Try and reduce rear camber to 1.5
-Make sure the plastic blade protectors aren't getting binded bad in the outdrives as the suspension moves. From brand new they do take time to wear in or you can lightly scuff them.
-Double check front and rear sway bars for free movement and proper adjustment
-Double check arm play and freeness front and rear.
-Check hinge pin holders after each run... they do tend to move during a crash or tapping off the pipe causing different toe settings left to right

How are you measuring droop? Also what tires?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher View Post
Maybe try .8 under the front blocks. 2.3-2.6 front spring is kind of soft as well and it sounds like the car may be diving on the front end too much. I haven't had to use .5 front yet, get plenty of steering using the .8.

Would be able to help more with a full setup sheet and knowing if the car feels like it has a ton of steering,if its diving on the front end, not generating enough traction, etc..
Old 06-19-2019, 01:32 AM
Tech Rookie

hi guys
someone has already used the soft plastics ???
impressions ??? and the 6-hole shock absorber pistons ???
Old 06-19-2019, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bigiogas32 View Post
hi guys
someone has already used the soft plastics ???
impressions ??? and the 6-hole shock absorber pistons ???
I just ordered a bunch of stuff but I skipped these two options for sure. I have mixed feelings of the 6 hole shock piston.. they are the same size holes as the factory four hole so running thicker fluid would be needed to fine tune. The staple for on road has been 4x1.1 for some time now, I don't see the 6 being a benefit for my set up / driving style. I have always liked the graphite reinforced arms / plastics from Yokomo.. especially on carpet. I don't have any breaking issues but if you are on a surface without crazy grip and you want some flex and less chance of breaking something then maybe resign arms are for you.

I have the updated shock tower, ball ends, Ti outer arm pins, and some other Ti stuff coming in. Will report back on the shock tower findings
DavidNERODease and Bigiogas32 like this.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:22 AM
Tech Rookie

thank you for the answer
I also had doubts for the 6-hole pistons and I wanted to listen to a few people...
the soft plastics are coming for me
I run in the modified class and only on the track outdoors and often the tracks are very low grip
DaSilva3525 likes this.
Old 06-19-2019, 08:48 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just ordered a bunch of stuff but I skipped these two options for sure. I have mixed feelings of the 6 hole shock piston.. they are the same size holes as the factory four hole so running thicker fluid would be needed to fine tune. The staple for on road has been 4x1.1 for some time now, I don't see the 6 being a benefit for my set up / driving style. I have always liked the graphite reinforced arms / plastics from Yokomo.. especially on carpet. I don't have any breaking issues but if you are on a surface without crazy grip and you want some flex and less chance of breaking something then maybe resign arms are for you.

I have the updated shock tower, ball ends, Ti outer arm pins, and some other Ti stuff coming in. Will report back on the shock tower findings
Notice that the 6 hole pistons also have a larger outer diameter so it wonít be the same as simply adding more holes. Iím curious to try them when they are in stock somewhere.

Regarding the softer arms, I agree, I have always preferred carbon (hard) arms on any surface for onroad.
DaSilva3525 and Bigiogas32 like this.
Old 06-19-2019, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tremor24 View Post

Notice that the 6 hole pistons also have a larger outer diameter so it wonít be the same as simply adding more holes. Iím curious to try them when they are in stock somewhere.

Regarding the softer arms, I agree, I have always preferred carbon (hard) arms on any surface for onroad.

I must of missed the larger diameter piston info. That makes me a bit more happy as it will have a different effect, don't know until we try. I also forgot to mentioned I ordered the updated springs. Same rate as my other set just the SS versions. I'm thinking they may have a slight height difference between old vs new
Tremor24 likes this.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

by updated springs do you mean front short springs ???