Like Tree321Likes

Yokomo BD9

Old 04-04-2019, 02:22 AM
  #346  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (39)
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,719
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Could someone tell me if others have any issue with diff cups and joint protectors, please?
Which my car's ones are too tight then provoke sluggish in rear arms movement.
They need a slight sand with sand paper and itís perfect. Stops all binding 👍
mac853 likes this.
A Ilievski is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 03:08 AM
  #347  
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,952
Default

Originally Posted by A Ilievski View Post


They need a slight sand with sand paper and itís perfect. Stops all binding 👍
OK, i would sand the protectors then see what would succeed.

Thank you!
mac853 is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 01:15 PM
  #348  
Tech Addict
 
DaSilva3525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 527
Default

Anyone have the issue with the center Motor plate (The T plate) Tweaking up the chassis when tightening down? I put two .2 mm Shims under the T plate and then .1 mm shims above it where it bolts to the two pieces of the motor mounts. Made a huge difference with no getting the chassis all tweaked up when tightening it down. Seems Yokomo should of had more material under that T plate to start with. It was driving me nuts looking throughout the car, un did the bolts before shimming and felt it release right away.
DaSilva3525 is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 07:03 PM
  #349  
Tech Regular
 
drsfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NE. Ill
Posts: 467
Default

Center Bulkhead plate is directional.
If installed upside down it will force tweak into chassis plate if tightened down .... to the point of chassis damage.

That was also highlighted in the Petitrc.com pointers page.
The bulkhead plate has just a slight ridge, and if it is up instead of down as would seem counter-intuitive.
Pg 8 of instructions points it out with the "direction of part" notation.

Good racing.
drsfly is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 07:20 PM
  #350  
Tech Addict
 
DaSilva3525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 527
Default

Originally Posted by drsfly View Post
Center Bulkhead plate is directional.
If installed upside down it will force tweak into chassis plate if tightened down .... to the point of chassis damage.

That was also highlighted in the Petitrc.com pointers page.
The bulkhead plate has just a slight ridge, and if it is up instead of down as would seem counter-intuitive.
Pg 8 of instructions points it out with the "direction of part" notation.

Good racing.
I had it the right direction from the start, but I did see that direction highlight. Even so the gap between the two motor mount pieces to the T plate is enough when you tighten it down it puts pressure on them both.
DaSilva3525 is offline  
Old 04-05-2019, 09:18 PM
  #351  
Tech Regular
 
drsfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NE. Ill
Posts: 467
Default

"the gap between the motor mount pieces to the t plate"------there should be no gap between the parts. If there is then yes that is a problem. Both the motor mount half and the center bulk head should be flush mount pieces ... just like upper bulkheads to lowers, meaning no gap if even .1mm.
The .2mm shim, which if I understand your description, is on the cap head screws from underneath and would just extend them down by that much unless the shim was oversized and touched the chamfered hole. But you already know that as well.


I probably should have just said....no, not having any issues.
Me getting track time is an issue!


Good luck.
drsfly is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 07:36 AM
  #352  
Tech Adept
 
MidwestRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by DaSilva3525 View Post
Anyone have the issue with the center Motor plate (The T plate) Tweaking up the chassis when tightening down? I put two .2 mm Shims under the T plate and then .1 mm shims above it where it bolts to the two pieces of the motor mounts. Made a huge difference with no getting the chassis all tweaked up when tightening it down. Seems Yokomo should of had more material under that T plate to start with. It was driving me nuts looking throughout the car, un did the bolts before shimming and felt it release right away.
Yes I have tweaked a couple under a hard front impact as well as the front mount also. I Highly recommend running a screw through the chassis into T plate and front pitch control mount. I run long screws and use nuts to hold down the center weight/ pitch control rod. Running screws up through the bottom of the car into the plates also helped lock in the rear of the car.
MidwestRacer is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 07:39 AM
  #353  
Tech Adept
 
MidwestRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
Could someone tell me if others have any issue with diff cups and joint protectors, please?
Which my car's ones are too tight then provoke sluggish in rear arms movement.
They are tight, but it was described on Yokomo tuning tips as well as in the manual. Run them tight as made. In 2 heats, they will be broke in and free. They last much longer if you do not sand them.
MidwestRacer is offline  
Old 04-06-2019, 11:45 PM
  #354  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas Baby
Posts: 1,776
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I trimmed the front front bottom shock eyelet by 0.8mm but I can't get the front shock length to 7.1mm. Best I can get is 7.7-.8mm. Any ideas?
Dane is offline  
Old 04-07-2019, 11:47 AM
  #355  
ha5
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 30
Default

7.1 its whitout cut, the cut its recomended for big diameters tires, the shaft lengt whit cut needs to be 7.9mm
Dane likes this.
ha5 is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 01:32 PM
  #356  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,278
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

BD9 New option parts released


RC MARKET is offline  
Old 04-08-2019, 03:21 PM
  #357  
Tech Master
 
mac853's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dirty place
Posts: 1,952
Default

What is difference between B9-SSS192 and B9-SSS19?
I guess is the shaft, right?
mac853 is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 02:35 AM
  #358  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,703
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mac853 View Post
What is difference between B9-SSS192 and B9-SSS19?
I guess is the shaft, right?
likely the newer plastics (lower ball cup change to short and shorter on the tree) plus the position marked top caps.
cplus is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 04:18 PM
  #359  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Dane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Texas Baby
Posts: 1,776
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have excess play in the layshaft? Spinning the drivetrain seems noisy from the layshaft.
Dane is offline  
Old 04-09-2019, 04:38 PM
  #360  
Tech Addict
 
DaSilva3525's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 527
Default

Originally Posted by Dane View Post
Does anyone have excess play in the layshaft? Spinning the drivetrain seems noisy from the layshaft.
I experienced this as well. I used a .1x6 shim on each side to get it nice. The reason for the 6mm inner diameter vs 5mm is because the 5 won't fit over the ridge on the shaft when you assemble. I ran it for one day without shims because I had none of the 6mm and under load it was ok but knowing there was play bothered me lol.
Dane likes this.
DaSilva3525 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.