Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis >

Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis

Like Tree144Likes

Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-27-2018, 09:09 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan

Print Wikipost

Old 01-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

I'm very happy with my Eclipse 2. Handles very well right out of the box... so well that I didn't test the durability yet
qcrc likes this.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Mine handles great, love the corner speed it carries. No 12th scale likes taking a hit from a mod tc........
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:41 PM
Tech Adept

Yes I can confirm, no complaints about the handling of the eclipse cars (both - 1 and 2!).
Midseason resumee and comparison of E1 vs. E2:
The new front is mechanically much more precise, due to removing all the joints. The E1 front to me is good after refinement (vertical Dampers are messy without mod).
Rear suspension concept is different to all others, and with some advantages. I like the simplicity and exactness of adjusting droop and clearance height.
The single tube for damping the rear spring is also an advantage. Light, no breakaway force, linear damping force, easy to change damping constant.
Old 01-29-2019, 12:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
No worries I got it covered. Mine broke after a hit from a touring car in practice.
Schumacher is coming out with an updated part that is stronger. Stay tuned it will be out soon.
Any news about the updated part?
We are now running 3rd Axis-bar in Eclipse 2 and 3 rd repair in Eclipse 1.
I tend to be convinced Eclipse 2 axis performs better. Way more grip than E1. I compensated grip issue on E1 with softer tyre.
We ran 17,5 turns GT class and my son could win it! (due to having spare axis)
BR Erhard
Old 01-29-2019, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

The new is the bomb. It's tough as hell and lets you run tires down to the rim. I'm very impressed. I don't have my cars unpacked yet from a weekend race but when I get time this week I'll unpack it and take some pics.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Myself and another local racer really like our Eclipse 2's - it's a keeper but we really need this new part. I haven't broke my front end yet but it's gonna happen (as it did to my fellow Eclipse 2 Racer) The car is awesome and I want to run it at the Canadian Nationals in March. I'd also like more camber options - more upper plates with smaller camber changes. A dedicated Eclipse 2 aluminum chassis is highly desired as well.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

BTW, after much debate - I made zero modifications to the kingpins/steering blocks and ran car as is despite the friction in the front end. It still handled perfectly and after only a few runs the front end was much smoother. After 3 race nights the front end is now buttery smooth. I'm very glad that I made zero modifications and preserved the slop free nature of the front end.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
The new is the bomb. It's tough as hell and lets you run tires down to the rim. I'm very impressed. I don't have my cars unpacked yet from a weekend race but when I get time this week I'll unpack it and take some pics.
I wonder where to get the part. We want to run it in the German Nationals if possible. At the Schumacher homepage the part can not yet be found. The kit part is out of stock.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!
Thx in advance!

Best Regards, Erhard
Old 01-29-2019, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
BTW, after much debate - I made zero modifications to the kingpins/steering blocks and ran car as is despite the friction in the front end. It still handled perfectly and after only a few runs the front end was much smoother. After 3 race nights the front end is now buttery smooth. I'm very glad that I made zero modifications and preserved the slop free nature of the front end.
Which Grease do you use?
BR Erhard
Old 01-29-2019, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Erhard View Post
Which Grease do you use?
BR Erhard
I have only used the kit damper fluid on the steering blocks so far but will try a variety CST diff fluids in the future. BTW, the tip suggested earlier in this thread to fill the kingpin with fluid from the top works extremely well (be sure to clean out the gunk first though).
Old 02-01-2019, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

The U7476 front beam is now back in stock at Schumacher.

We tend to use Contact 12K or 15K on the kingpins.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

As per trev's post, the U7476 spares bag for the beam is in stock. And everyone one in stock is the updated stronger (MAYBE unbreakable) version! Enjoy guys! Its great read all your posts above regarding the performance of the car Please let me know if theres any other issues we need to work on and we will keep on improving together

Andy Murray
jetnjme and DavidNERODease like this.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi Andy, is there a spool option available for this car?
Old 02-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Im running a Roche one in mine. I think Andy is working on one for it, from our last conversation.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Can we please see some pics of the V2 front end and/or an explanation of what was changed?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.