Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis >

Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis

Like Tree67Likes

Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-27-2018, 09:09 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan

Print Wikipost

Old 11-30-2018, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rather than back and forth about geometric theory, how about some simple non-scientific (and useful) observations such as..... “change A made the car turn in more aggressively, or made it feel feel lazy upon corner entry”?
Old 12-01-2018, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

All I know is, whatever the theoretical geometry, the Eclipse 2 went very well for my son at the last BRCA national at Birtley with flat links and a rearwards pivot. Can't complain about 2 A mains!
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (99%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
Rather than back and forth about geometric theory, how about some simple non-scientific (and useful) observations such as..... “change A made the car turn in more aggressively, or made it feel feel lazy upon corner entry”?
THIS!!!

Yall are starting to transform the thread into a Theory on Handling - a thread we already have on 1:12 1/12 forum

Lets get back to the Eclipse 2...
Erhard likes this.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

After IIC I took my eclipse 2 to Italy to race on ETS carpet this time for the annual European race for charity. This time I got the car setup great and fixed my bodyshell problems

This race was open modified 3.5t with boost Great fun.

This is low grip compared to IIC butsome guys still glue front tyres. I even went to our kit carbon chassis for it and didn’t glue tyres.

http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Te...2018_print.pdf

qcrc, patorz31, jetnjme and 3 others like this.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:49 PM
Tech Initiate

That was the point I started! I used theory to have a useful tool for the practice.
It is often extensive work to change the roll center via height of the pivot ball. The suggestion is here to alter the side link inclination. This is done by 2 screws of the front pivot balls of the links. Easy job, done in a minute.
I used that a lot for the schumacher supastox to get less grip roll, and it worked. As the effect can be different depending on conditions and rest of the setup, I do not give more advice than to try doing it if you have fun with tuning.
Possible effects of a lower roll center in the back can be more grip also. Thus it might make the car less agressive in corner entry and so on.
But please try youself, if you feel the need to improve your cars handling!

BR Erhard
Old 12-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Yep

I'm going to take your advice vafactor (even though I'm correct about everything in every thread LOL) Starting.......................................... ..... now.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:54 AM
drg
Tech Rookie

I'm looking for an alternative to my Xti ... and the Eclipse is one of the possible ...
One thing that is not clear to me is how the top bar that is fixed only to the kingpin keeps the camber constant during the curve ... and also how it does, because I do not see joints so it "flexes" the lower carbon arm?
Old 12-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The kit’s top graphite crossbar pulls both kingpins in just slightly in order to achieve the factory preset of .75 degrees of camber per side. Because it ties them both together and braces one against the other, the completed assembly becomes very stiff ....... probably stiff enough to resist the side load forces that are generated during hard cornering.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:44 AM
drg
Tech Rookie

Hello
clear...but since I saw 1.5 degrees caster on the setups ... how do you get them?
Do you use parts of the Eclipse 1?
Old 12-21-2018, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Option part:

U7480
Old 12-21-2018, 05:18 AM
drg
Tech Rookie

thks
Old 01-03-2019, 12:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
Hello, BR Erhard.

Schumacher 1/12
Rear Spring Chart
black = 3.87lb/in
silver = 4.62lb/in
gold = 5.52lb/in
old white = 5lb/in
Nickel = 6.5lb/in
old Yellow = 7lb/in
old Blue = 10lb/in
new red = 10lb/in
black ultra = 13lb/in
old green = 14lb/in
old red = 19lb/in
old black = 26lb/in

Front Springs (gt12)
Black = 7.42lb/in
Silver = 8.91lb/in
Gold = 10.69lb/in
White = 12.83lb/in

Hope this helps,
Andy.
Hello all,
i compiled all available spring data of Schumacher 1/12: Eclipse 1 & 2, Atom and Supastox GT. Maybe you find this useful.
I hope there are no mistakes in the numbers, but do not take any responsibility for the information given.

Best regards, Erhard

Remark: the lines colouration refers to the "old" supastox springs. For example U4844 "Gold" and U7015 "Red" are coloured blue as it is close to the blue spring of supastox.
Attached Files
qcrc likes this.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Does anyone know where I can get a U7476 C/F - Front Beam - Eclipse 2 in North America? I am in desperate need of one and Schumacher is sold out and won't have any for a couple of weeks.
Old 01-12-2019, 05:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool

Originally Posted by patorz31 View Post
Does anyone know where I can get a U7476 C/F - Front Beam - Eclipse 2 in North America? I am in desperate need of one and Schumacher is sold out and won't have any for a couple of weeks.
I feel sorry for you, I cant help.
Let me guess, the carbon plate is split from the counterbore of the kingpin?

Last edited by Erhard; 01-12-2019 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

No worries I got it covered. Mine broke after a hit from a touring car in practice.
Schumacher is coming out with an updated part that is stronger. Stay tuned it will be out soon.
Erhard likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service