Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis >

Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis

Like Tree132Likes

Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-27-2018, 09:09 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Schumacher Eclipse 2 1:12 chassis
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan

Print Wikipost

Old 06-26-2019, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

No extra shims or screws required - the kit is very complete. It comes with all required tools, lubes and parts for the typical adjustments and the manual has very good tuning tips. You will need to get a Kimbrough Servo saver Servo Savers :: Small Servo Savers - Kimbrough Racing Products - RC Spur Gears, Pinion Gears, Servo Savers specifically for Sanwa (kits includes the Kimbrough Futaba spline version). Schumacher really does a nice job with their kits.
ShadowAu, choisan and Brian10811 like this.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TrevCoult View Post
One will be available from Schumacher in the next month or two. A prototype was used at the Euros.
The spool axle is now available from Schumacher. It is part number CR721.
qcrc, DavidNERODease and Erhard like this.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Ooooo!
choisan, qcrc, Juniorabca and 1 others like this.
Old 07-18-2019, 11:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
Ooooo!
In the meantime, I just blocked my ball diff to find out benefits.
It really depends on the track. Acceleration and breaking clearly improves. On narrow tracks I found car became harder to control and take advantage of the benefits. The loss of acceleration out of corner with diff is what makes control better.

This refers to a narrow track with some bumps and debris, that puts some unpredictable disturbance to the cars stability. Here the diff seems to give more control,

Best Regards, Erhard

P.S.:
Blocking the diff:
I removed the balls out of spur gear and made the gear thicker with some tape to reach the thickness of the balls.
Of course the spool axle kit may be lighter than a diff, or blocked diff. Possibly the spool also is more stable. We had some broken diff axles. The newer Version was a bit better, but the improvement is moderate. I recommend to keep 1 axle per car in spare, to secure the race weekend.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I have a question if you order the car now does it come with the updated front beam?

on crc black carpet is the stock chassis working or is the alloy one needed? if the alloy one is needed is drilling it to have the short set up needed?
Old 08-10-2019, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snopro31 View Post
I have a question if you order the car now does it come with the updated front beam?

on crc black carpet is the stock chassis working or is the alloy one needed? if the alloy one is needed is drilling it to have the short set up needed?
The latest kits do now have the updated front beam. There may be older kits still around though as the change is recent.

I've never run on CRC black, but the team do not use the alloy chassis even on very high grip. If you do want to use the alloy chassis with short pivot yes you will need to machine it to make the pivot hole the same shape, as the alloy chassis was designed for the E1.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Erhard View Post
Well, it was driven enough to know in the Atom, which is a car that works fine for GT with motor limit. Letīs see.
I experimented a little with front end damping and must say its a great difference on uneven surface, less on plane surface. Its more important the faster you go also.
And for sure, a simple system can not provide a well defined damping, nor can it be adjusted. The only thing you could do is lubricate with viscous oil, but that would not keep the performance for long.
But as you sayed, lets just wait for the first reviews.

BR Erhard
It sacrifices the only state of the art front suspension with defined damping (tubes!) on the market. The damping in the front is actually the only remaining way to basically further improve a PanCar, as it gives better traction and control to the whole car. Everything else was/is already out there from every chassis on the market.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:02 PM
Tech Regular

Destiny and Yokomo both have damping front ends
Old 08-11-2019, 02:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KIYATSIA View Post
It sacrifices the only state of the art front suspension with defined damping (tubes!) on the market. The damping in the front is actually the only remaining way to basically further improve a PanCar, as it gives better traction and control to the whole car. Everything else was/is already out there from every chassis on the market.
It has a simple but very effective front damping system if you look at the design of the kingpins.
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snopro31 View Post

I do know that a local racer here has been using this car since it came out on CRC Black Carpet with the stock chassis without issues. Car does very well with his setup against all the other manufacturers currently being run in the Alberta clubs. I will hopefully be trying mine out for the first time this coming weekend in Calgary. Only upgrade that I have is the new front beam and changed the rear spring over to a stiffer one than kit.

Jon
Old 08-13-2019, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juniorabca View Post
I do know that a local racer here has been using this car since it came out on CRC Black Carpet with the stock chassis without issues. Car does very well with his setup against all the other manufacturers currently being run in the Alberta clubs. I will hopefully be trying mine out for the first time this coming weekend in Calgary. Only upgrade that I have is the new front beam and changed the rear spring over to a stiffer one than kit.

Jon
well I will come by your pit in Calgary and and take a better look at the car if you donít mind.
I assume the other person is Patrick is he going to Calgary? Will be strange for me to be at a race with out a 12th
Juniorabca likes this.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

I may be be racing in Calgary if I get my renovations on the house done in time. The setup on my Eclipse was put on by Jon so talking to him would be a big help. I have the stock chassis on my Eclipse 2 I have one with Aluminium Chassis as well, With 17.5 and the spec tires the aluminium chassis is slower due to the weight of it. The stock chassis with the upper stiffeners make the carbon chassis very stiff and it works well. It's a neat design and I hope they do an F1 chassis someday with the same basic layout.
snopro31 and qcrc like this.