Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

MTC1 or TC7.2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

I love my Mugen but I'll admit that the latest Associated looks top notch - it's probably a top 5 TC kit now. A serious threat to Xray at the club level.
Old 09-04-2018, 08:16 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
I love my Mugen but I'll admit that the latest Associated looks top notch - it's probably a top 5 TC kit now. A serious threat to Xray at the club level.
I think so David. Hoping we will see a new European team with Andreas now involved. It would be good to see it compete in the ETS in the right hands in all classes.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gigaplex
The TC3 did have some issues and had rolling changes to rectify them. The motor mount originally tweaked the chassis so they started shipping with a tensioning spring. Some batches (including mine) had defective screw heads that stripped too easy, they sent me replacements for free. The first revision didn't have droop screws, newer kits had revised chassis and arms with droop screws. Early kits came with steel outdrives, later ones had plastic. The composite centre drive shaft was replaced with an alloy one. The suspension arms came with a 3rd revision that included an additional lower shock mount location. It was an exceptional car but it had teething issues too.
This is what first drew me to Team Associated from the beginning IMO, the ability to upgrade the car with so many exotic performance related aftermarket parts, much like full scale race cars. There are not many full scale cars that come from the factory ready to race. The first thing every race team does is tear down the car and install aftermarket parts for performance and looks. Associated's aftermarket support provides this option. But to each his own.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ModernDrive
This is what first drew me to Team Associated from the beginning IMO, the ability to upgrade the car with so many exotic performance related aftermarket parts, much like full scale race cars. There are not many full scale cars that come from the factory ready to race. The first thing every race team does is tear down the car and install aftermarket parts for performance and looks. Associated's aftermarket support provides this option. But to each his own.
For example, I am looking into the Pitch Control System (PCS). Is Reflex Racing the only supplier for PCS? Will the current/7.1 PCS fit on the 7.2? Anyone who has used it, is there a noticeable difference in handling?
Old 09-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ModernDrive
For example, I am looking into the Pitch Control System (PCS). Is Reflex Racing the only supplier for PCS? Will the current/7.1 PCS fit on the 7.2? Anyone who has used it, is there a noticeable difference in handling?
To add pitch control to the 7.2 you just need 2 ballstuds and a camber link, the rest is already built into motor and servo mounts.

Last edited by Fastfreddy74; 09-04-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I had to google it to find out what "Pitch Control System" is. TC7.2 is nice. Looks almost like a Xray.... but still missing the ball bearing supported roll bars.
But I do like TC7.2's single support motor mount. Changing spur gear without taking the top deck off.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry for derailing the conversation but I am curious what people think of the Infinity IF14 versus these two kits?
Old 09-05-2018, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

... so many great cars to chose from these days. If I had to start over and choose between the MTC1, IF14 and TC7.2, I'd probably pull my hair out. That being said I'd still end up picking the MTC1 as it's still overall the most most advanced, highest quality "standard" TC. But my decisions are biased towards quality and design and not out of the box race winning refinement. The IF14 probably wins the "out of the box" checkered flag.
If we expand the TC search to include all makes and models (an absolute war) - then probably Xray by a tiny margin in the build it Saturday and win the race on Sunday competition.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Oh man. I feel like Morty from Rick and Morty. Being overwhelmed by the information.
Old 09-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Default Info

Originally Posted by nubs
Oh man. I feel like Morty from Rick and Morty. Being overwhelmed by the information.
LOL, it's probably safe to ignore most of it.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Mugen MTC1 out of the box a good car for asphalt ?absolutely
STLNLST and LOW ET like this.
Old 09-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Is the Serpent even in the discussion. The amx looks really well engineered. I am looking at coming back on road asphalt
after many years away
Old 09-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

If you take money out of the equation, and you had three choices, xray, 7.2 and mugen which would you get and why. I was all set to buy a clean 17 xray t4 but was sold out under me ��
Now I’m thinking, get a new kit and piece the electronics together over a few weeks. I have a bad habit of wanting to get the best bang (top caliber) for my buck and researching the hell out of it. And then we know what happens, you end up looking like a deer in the headlights ��

Theres a roller tc 7.1 w/servo, wheels/tires and body for $300 or $550 with mclan team edition esc program card fo $550, never fired up, he just built it and it’s been sitting a year. That seems like a no brainer and for a while it will it will be more car then my skill set. Maybe I’ve answered my own question ����
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm in the same struggle. I have a TC7,1 -.wich I'm happy with - but I really love the MTC1, I fell in love with this car at the firs look. I'd like to switch from TC7,1 to MTC1 but all my track buddies are discouraging me. They say it would be a dumb act :-(
Old 09-15-2018, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jakelamotta
I'm in the same struggle. I have a TC7,1 -.wich I'm happy with - but I really love the MTC1, I fell in love with this car at the firs look. I'd like to switch from TC7,1 to MTC1 but all my track buddies are discouraging me. They say it would be a dumb act :-(
you’re in a tough place if all if them run a TC7.1. There goes your emergency parts supply 😩

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.