Like Tree16Likes

MTC1 or TC7.2?

Old 09-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post

was there a problem with the diff gear? I havent had an issue with mine so far. It doesnít leak and itís basically idiot proof with the fill line provided. You also can mark the weight fluid you have in it. That attention to detail you wont see on the AE👍🏽
Yes, but does that Mugen attention to detail translate into on track performance?

My old TC3 and B6 both had no issues with the out of the box parts, plastics, etc. And since Team Associated arguably has the largest aftermarket parts selection, anything that a driver doesn't particularly care for out of the box can be swapped out with their choice of several high performance parts from the top aftermarket manufacturers.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ModernDrive View Post
Yes, but does that Mugen attention to detail translate into on track performance?

My old TC3 and B6 both had no issues with the out of the box parts, plastics, etc. And since Team Associated arguably has the largest aftermarket parts selection, anything that a driver doesn't particularly care for out of the box can be swapped out with their choice of several high performance parts from the top aftermarket manufacturers.
there isnt an AE that finishes in the top five at my Local track unless Factory guys show up for mod. In 17.5 and USGT I was the only AE in the top 5. I am slightly faster and more consistent with the Mugen. I’ve come to the realization that AR has the biggest aftermarket support for two reasons. 1 is because they are here in the states and have a huge following. 2 is because the cars need the hop ups. You mention the B6 and I’ll show you a buggy that was ok out of the box but Shelle, Jconcepts always offered great hopups that many feel should have been offered in the kit to begin with. The TC7.1 was a good car for me but I found something that worked better and quite a few others at my local track have done the same and laptimes prove the performance is there. What works for us may not work for you but from a regular racers point of view I think the proof for guys at Speedworld Raceway shows in their laptimes and overall laps���� I will admit that Mugen has done a horrible job of promoting their sedan. Its a good kept secret to say the least. Setups arent as plentiful as AE due to them not having as many guys running it.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Tech Initiate

there isnt an AE that finishes in the top five at my Local track unless Factory guys show up for mod. In 17.5 and USGT I was the only AE in the top 5. I am slightly faster and more consistent with the Mugen. Iíve come to the realization that AR has the biggest aftermarket support for two reasons. 1 is because they are here in the states and have a huge following. 2 is because the cars need the hop ups. You mention the B6 and Iíll show you a buggy that was ok out of the box but Shelle, Jconcepts always offered great hopups that many feel should have been offered in the kit to begin with. The TC7.1 was a good car for me but I found something that worked better and quite a few others at my local track have done the same and laptimes prove the performance is there. What works for us may not work for you but from a regular racers point of view I think the proof for guys at Speedworld Raceway shows in their laptimes and overall laps���� I will admit that Mugen has done a horrible job of promoting their sedan. Its a good kept secret to say the least. Setups arent as plentiful as AE due to them not having as many guys running it.
Fair points, and duly noted.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

there isnt an AE that finishes in the top five at my Local track unless Factory guys show up for mod. In 17.5 and USGT I was the only AE in the top 5. I am slightly faster and more consistent with the Mugen. Iíve come to the realization that AR has the biggest aftermarket support for two reasons. 1 is because they are here in the states and have a huge following. 2 is because the cars need the hop ups. You mention the B6 and Iíll show you a buggy that was ok out of the box but Shelle, Jconcepts always offered great hopups that many feel should have been offered in the kit to begin with. The TC7.1 was a good car for me but I found something that worked better and quite a few others at my local track have done the same and laptimes prove the performance is there. What works for us may not work for you but from a regular racers point of view I think the proof for guys at Speedworld Raceway shows in their laptimes and overall laps���� I will admit that Mugen has done a horrible job of promoting their sedan. Its a good kept secret to say the least. Setups arent as plentiful as AE due to them not having as many guys running it.
the MTC1 is great outdoors , i had it , it just not that great on Black CRC carpet
Old 09-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
the MTC1 is great outdoors , i had it , it just not that great on Black CRC carpet
Guess Iíll find it out shortly

Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Guess I’ll find it out shortly

dont get me wrong it will work , but it will take a little $$$ , i did a little trick a few pages back in the Mugen thread to stiffen up the stock chassis and top deck
Old 09-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Super Moderator

Old 09-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mugen MTC1
Old 09-03-2018, 09:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
What white belt is that and is there one for the rear?

Old 09-03-2018, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

xenon belt,
if itís a 180 rear, they are due back in stock at destiny USA middle of september.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:29 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

That's fair, Associated missed the boat by not having a flex alloy chassis or thinner top deck available for the TC7 and .1, this has been rectified from the off with both being available for the TC7.2. Mugen did a really good job of promoting the car over here in Europe. Not many kits were sold here in the UK with reports of the roll centres being well out and the diff gears wearing out fast, also some other issues with poor quality screws etc... I would think that Mugen will release a new car in the not to distant future and rectify the short comings of the first model. Not many companies get it right first time, AE was one of those guys when they released the TC3.
Old 09-04-2018, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

xenon
https://www.apexrc.com/products/xeno...=6876856647713
Old 09-04-2018, 04:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bar View Post
That's fair, Associated missed the boat by not having a flex alloy chassis or thinner top deck available for the TC7 and .1, this has been rectified from the off with both being available for the TC7.2. Mugen did a really good job of promoting the car over here in Europe. Not many kits were sold here in the UK with reports of the roll centres being well out and the diff gears wearing out fast, also some other issues with poor quality screws etc... I would think that Mugen will release a new car in the not to distant future and rectify the short comings of the first model. Not many companies get it right first time, AE was one of those guys when they released the TC3.
the screws were hit or miss in the kits over here as well. All you seem to see promoted here is their 8th scale nitro. Maybe Drake or Ryan needs to run the sedan to get the buzz going. I do like the car though.

Marcos.J and Bar like this.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bar View Post
Not many companies get it right first time, AE was one of those guys when they released the TC3.
The TC3 did have some issues and had rolling changes to rectify them. The motor mount originally tweaked the chassis so they started shipping with a tensioning spring. Some batches (including mine) had defective screw heads that stripped too easy, they sent me replacements for free. The first revision didn't have droop screws, newer kits had revised chassis and arms with droop screws. Early kits came with steel outdrives, later ones had plastic. The composite centre drive shaft was replaced with an alloy one. The suspension arms came with a 3rd revision that included an additional lower shock mount location. It was an exceptional car but it had teething issues too.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:49 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
The TC3 did have some issues and had rolling changes to rectify them. The motor mount originally tweaked the chassis so they started shipping with a tensioning spring. Some batches (including mine) had defective screw heads that stripped too easy, they sent me replacements for free. The first revision didn't have droop screws, newer kits had revised chassis and arms with droop screws. Early kits came with steel outdrives, later ones had plastic. The composite centre drive shaft was replaced with an alloy one. The suspension arms came with a 3rd revision that included an additional lower shock mount location. It was an exceptional car but it had teething issues too.
That may be so but it was huge hit and was quite a bit ahead of the competition with the design of the car at the time. I actually didn't get on well with the car, but I seemed to be pretty much the only one at the time. I loved my HPI Pro 4 though. Things have moved on a lot, people didn't expect a perfect car back then, but now they do.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.