1/10 on road touring modied >

1/10 on road touring modied

Like Tree22Likes

1/10 on road touring modied

Old 08-20-2018, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
2.5t boosted geared at about 10.0fdr or 4t brushed at 10.85fdr for indoor carpet...... Very fast, yet manageable...
The 4.5t boosted at 7.5fdr has too much bottom end torque, and would just keep spinning the tires: you want a lower gear with a less torquey motor, but with more power and acceleration....
Also the motor brand is very important: stay away from the el cheapo brands that will overheat your esc...
Less torque but more acceleration? Torque is what gives more acceleration.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Less torque but more acceleration? Torque is what gives more acceleration.
Torque at the wheels is a product of motor torque times fdr, and if motor torque is on the high side(4.5t), then its power&rpm is down versus my 2.5t motor... The power of the 2.5t comes later down the straight when the wind resistance has choked the 4.5t(around 66mph), but not the 2.5t, and then I can easily take the lead... More motor power later in the rpm range is always preferable to more motor torque earlier in the rpm range: look at the F1 car engines...
Old 08-20-2018, 04:48 PM
Tech Elite

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Torque at the wheels is a product of motor torque times fdr, and if motor torque is on the high side(4.5t), then its power&rpm is down versus my 2.5t motor... The power of the 2.5t comes later down the straight when the wind resistance has choked the 4.5t(around 66mph), but not the 2.5t, and then I can easily take the lead... More motor power later in the rpm range is always preferable to more motor torque earlier in the rpm range: look at the F1 car engines...
If 2.5T really was better, the world class drivers would be using them. And if one of them did win with a 2.5T, everyone would go out and buy one, leading to massive sales for the sponsors. It's not a conspiracy to keep the top guys on 4.5T. That should be a pretty big clue that you're not on to something.
Marcos.J, iTz Nicholas72 and DirkW like this.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

If 2.5T really was better, the world class drivers would be using them. And if one of them did win with a 2.5T, everyone would go out and buy one, leading to massive sales for the sponsors. It's not a conspiracy to keep the top guys on 4.5T. That should be a pretty big clue that you're not on to something.
he has a TC4 loaded with goodies that he picked up from Xandar capital of the Nova Empire , Quill brought it for him
Old 08-20-2018, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Top sponsored guys do what they're told... I love being free to try my theories, good or bad... I have a few 2.5t motors ready for action soon: never say you can't without trying first !!! Pass you all soon.....
Old 08-20-2018, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

Top sponsored guys do what they're told... I love being free to try my theories, good or bad... I have a few 2.5t motors ready for action soon: never say you can't without trying first !!! Pass you all soon.....
love to see the tc4 with a 2.5t on a track
Old 08-20-2018, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmm..guess there are lot of various options..sounds like preference
Old 08-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It really depends on the size of your track. I actually run a 13.5 boosted on a medium size track and do not feel that I am at a loss with the other cars/motors. Many guys run a 6.5T at my track and one "Pro" uses a 4.5T I believe. Our straight is about 140 feet +/-. If I were on a much larger track I would turn up the timing, but most likely would just get another motor. FYI, I am using a Trackstar 13.5 cheap motor. I have a Reedy 13.5 in my pit bag, but have not felt the need to change it. In Mod, it boils down to less wheel spin for me...… I am no pro, but I would say I am above average. As far as heat from the motor, ESC, or batteries for that matter.... No way......All of my stuff runs very cool.....Please learn to interpret the info from these posts and take the advice from guys that actually know what they are talking about.... Oh, and by the way, I race an off road buggy and purchased a used Reedy Mod 8.5 motor and boosted it... My peers run a 6.5T... Since I boosted mine, I am on par with them and I spent 30 bucks for a used motor.... In Mod, it is not about the motor wars like Stock Racing....
Old 08-20-2018, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

And if one of them did win with a 2.5T, everyone would go out and buy one, leading to massive sales for the sponsors.
I already addressed that, Bert...
Old 08-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Of course they do but they still have a free choice of how much turns motor. Maybe it is not wise to tell us what your best position on large races was....

Even today the 3.5T is not a well chosen motor
Old 08-21-2018, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I agree with Bert
DesertRat likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
I agree with Bert
rccartips and DesertRat like this.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bert is having fun... that I agree with.
Marcos.J and gigaplex like this.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SouthFloridaApp View Post
It really depends on the size of your track. I actually run a 13.5 boosted on a medium size track and do not feel that I am at a loss with the other cars/motors. Many guys run a 6.5T at my track and one "Pro" uses a 4.5T I believe. Our straight is about 140 feet +/-. If I were on a much larger track I would turn up the timing, but most likely would just get another motor. FYI, I am using a Trackstar 13.5 cheap motor. I have a Reedy 13.5 in my pit bag, but have not felt the need to change it. In Mod, it boils down to less wheel spin for me... I am no pro, but I would say I am above average. As far as heat from the motor, ESC, or batteries for that matter.... No way......All of my stuff runs very cool.....Please learn to interpret the info from these posts and take the advice from guys that actually know what they are talking about.... Oh, and by the way, I race an off road buggy and purchased a used Reedy Mod 8.5 motor and boosted it... My peers run a 6.5T... Since I boosted mine, I am on par with them and I spent 30 bucks for a used motor.... In Mod, it is not about the motor wars like Stock Racing....
Good advice.

What you also have to love about Mod is that it runs cool. You may need a little fan on your ESC but the motors are very under-stressed and efficient.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.