Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2018 Halloween Classic at The Gate (Cleveland, OH) presented by Roche USA >

2018 Halloween Classic at The Gate (Cleveland, OH) presented by Roche USA

Like Tree46Likes

2018 Halloween Classic at The Gate (Cleveland, OH) presented by Roche USA

Old 08-21-2018, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Let me ask you a question for a big race where out of town people travel to and spend big $$ i don't think people will want to run someone else rented used motor

Ok here is how it should be run prices are just a sample

Buy a year long can-am motor for $100 thats your can-am motor never to leave the events given back to the promoter to bring to the next event "your motor"
or
Go to the event and buy a can-am motor there for $75.00 max 2 motors and they are your to run only at that event and you own it after.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Iíll do whatever, but I do have to say that my preference for a spec motor program is the way that they did it at StockWars last year.....wherein we paid $60 for a handout spec motor to be used at the event and that was ours to keep once the event was over. And the best part......the Motiv handout motors that were provided at StockWars were flat fantastic. Mine is still in my car and iíve Been club racing with it ever since last yearís StockWars event. That was easily the best $60 that Iíve ever spent on any RC gear.
miller tyme likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason cheng View Post
Let me ask you a question for a big race where out of town people travel to and spend big $$ i don't think people will want to run someone else rented used motor

Ok here is how it should be run prices are just a sample

Buy a year long can-am motor for $100 thats your can-am motor never to leave the events given back to the promoter to bring to the next event "your motor"
or
Go to the event and buy a can-am motor there for $75.00 max 2 motors and they are your to run only at that event and you own it after.
Jason -- that is also an interesting suggestion. maybe something that could be tried for year 2 of can-am. the can-am vision has been shared since april 2018 at mile high.

we are confident that the hand out program will work -- otherwise we wouldn't be doing it. we hope that you join not only the Halloween Classic, but also the other events this season - Events
erikras likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Jason -- that is also an interesting suggestion. maybe something that could be tried for year 2 of can-am. the can-am vision has been shared since april 2018 at mile high.

we are confident that the hand out program will work -- otherwise we wouldn't be doing it. we hope that you join not only the Halloween Classic, but also the other events this season - Events
Thinking this isn't the best for R/C right now is Total Garbage; traveling racer or not. I can't wait to run heads-up with the best and for once have a level playing field for motors. Taking the motor out of the equation allows us to focus on other areas that we need for improvement.

Last edited by ground-round; 08-21-2018 at 12:36 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-21-2018, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
Iíll do whatever, but I do have to say that my preference for a spec motor program is the way that they did it at StockWars last year.....wherein we paid $60 for a handout spec motor to be used at the event and that was ours to keep once the event was over. And the best part......the Motiv handout motors that were provided at StockWars were flat fantastic. Mine is still in my car and iíve Been club racing with it ever since last yearís StockWars event. That was easily the best $60 that Iíve ever spent on any RC gear.
The Motiv motors from StockWars were not the Roar approved version. I'm not sure the actual difference between the US Roar approved version and the Euro spec version used for the handouts?
Old 08-21-2018, 10:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress View Post
The Motiv motors from StockWars were not the Roar approved version. I'm not sure the actual difference between the US Roar approved version and the Euro spec version used for the handouts?
That's OK, at least they were never intended to be ROAR approved version..... wonder how many Trinitys sold over the counter were not the ROAR approved version
Racermac73 likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
That's OK, at least they were never intended to be ROAR approved version..... wonder how many Trinitys sold over the counter were not the ROAR approved version
Couldn't help but laugh.. Sorry
miller tyme likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

I knew that which is why I left gave mine back to Robby for their club program. No biggie.... I just wasn't sure if it was known. My experience at StockWars is why I'm such a fan of the Can-Am series. I look forward to the race again this year.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All the trinity motors that were the Roar approved version are still at the Roar testing facility...lol...
Old 08-21-2018, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not sure why CanAm motor discussion isn't occurring in a CanAm thread, but I digress.

-------------------

As we approach T-minus 1 hour to go before registration opens for the HC 2018 I want to remind everyone of a few things to ensure success of getting a coveted pit spot:

1. Be sure to select a vehicle profile during registration, if you don't, sometimes it won't take. (Hopefully you already have an account created too!)

2. If you miss out and wish to be put on the Wait List, please email us directly at [email protected] PM's via alternate means will not be accepted.

3. You should already have the rcsignup event bookmarked, but if not here it is again

https://www.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?ID=6541

4. Once you get a registration spot, please email us ASAP with which classes you think you will be running. We will need a fairly accurate list of CanAm numbers to order rental motors.

Thanks and can't wait to see everyone!
erikras likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

i just asked a question if going to the event were the motors new or used sorry i asked a simple question
Old 08-21-2018, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 159 (100%+)

All signed up and ready to go!
Old 08-21-2018, 04:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Only 35 spots left!

Old 08-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Only 24 22 spots remaining!