Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree114Likes

Serpent F110 SF4

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Seems like the love for this chassis has died off. Xmas everyone was excited, not hearing from too much except for tolerance complaints.

Any positive feedback after 4 months of running?
Old 04-21-2019, 11:36 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I've been racing mines regularly. Still handles better than my Xray and doing well.
dawgmeat and Billy Kelly like this.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm still trying to work out the on-power push that this car has. My previously owned VBC F1s were faster and I can also drive my friend's Infinity F1 faster. I made some changes for the next club race which I hope will help.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

what's up with the big chassis hole between the battery and the servo?

in-line battery is the way to go for this chassis? or the only way?
Old 04-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

You can mount the servo up front or transverse further back in the other hole. Just lets you play with the weight setup.

In-line works for me on black carpet and you could buy the optional brass battery holder to have the weight super low. If I was racing this on asphalt, I'd probably run transverse.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Want to get one, but F1 is dying here. Last weekend only had 2 even at a trophy race.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:05 AM
KUI
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by eevul
I'm still trying to work out the on-power push that this car has. My previously owned VBC F1s were faster and I can also drive my friend's Infinity F1 faster. I made some changes for the next club race which I hope will help.
Move the rear wing to the inside of the rear bulk head. You can even space it more forward if necessary.
dawgmeat, eevul and sailfish like this.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KUI
Move the rear wing to the inside of the rear bulk head. You can even space it more forward if necessary.
That's one thing I actually haven't tried. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip!
KUI likes this.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That's one thing I actually haven't tried. I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks for the tip!
What type of rear wing can you use for that?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by photeckk

What type of rear wing can you use for that?
I don't know . I'm at work and haven't had a chance to look at my car until I get home later. I have several F1 wings that I could try. I'll post my findings later...
Old 04-26-2019, 01:56 PM
KUI
Tech Apprentice

I don't know . I'm at work and haven't had a chance to look at my car until I get home later. I have several F1 wings that I could try. I'll post my findings later...
The montec wing works well. Slight mod needed.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Unfortunately I didn't have a wing to try this and our carpet season is over. I won't be running this outdoor as I will be running Nitro only . This is something to consider for next year for me. The things that worked to get more on power steering were a harder center spring, max caster and a medium front springs. I used a Roche medium center spring (they fit) and Tamiya silver springs up front. No droop in the front also helped.
photeckk likes this.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:35 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Unfortunately I didn't have a wing to try this and our carpet season is over. I won't be running this outdoor as I will be running Nitro only . This is something to consider for next year for me. The things that worked to get more on power steering were a harder center spring, max caster and a medium front springs. I used a Roche medium center spring (they fit) and Tamiya silver springs up front. No droop in the front also helped.
Hey Bud
Yes harder center spring and max caster will work...I rather use the front harder spring and side spring to get the same effect
when you are not on power your car will turn the same ...max caster work great after the apex but lacking into the sharp turn
eevul likes this.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by OVA
Hey Bud
Yes harder center spring and max caster will work...I rather use the front harder spring and side spring to get the same effect
when you are not on power your car will turn the same ...max caster work great after the apex but lacking into the sharp turn
Yea, there are a few things I still need to try. Using tires from 3 years ago didn't help my cause either. I was also running an MC2 motor that the rotor was chewed up due to a body pin being sucked into the motor . I'll buy new tires for next year and definitely a new motor. I think the harder front springs will help me turn in faster coming into the corner for sure. With new tires, I will probably need to go harder with the side springs as well.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:48 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Yea, there are a few things I still need to try. Using tires from 3 years ago didn't help my cause either. I was also running an MC2 motor that the rotor was chewed up due to a body pin being sucked into the motor . I'll buy new tires for next year and definitely a new motor. I think the harder front springs will help me turn in faster coming into the corner for sure. With new tires, I will probably need to go harder with the side springs as well.
your F1 is sill fast ..it looking good...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.