Like Tree48Likes

Serpent F110 SF4

Old 02-04-2019, 02:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Almost done, just needs a driver and electronics.
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Does the Fenix diff allow good enough pod movement left and right?

The xray diff doesn't allow much pod movement unless you dremel the side brace.
You might have a second way with the Fenix Gear Diff.

Basically the Fenix is modular, sharing as much parts as possible between the versions

In my F1, I use normally the 1/12 gear. The external gear is already shaped down to the minimal dimensions and will provide enough clearance as a standard gear.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Giorgio they are taking about the SF4 version not what you are showing. Is there a Fenix USA yet for the xray diff gears -70 and 72 yet?
Old 02-07-2019, 09:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Went to the track again and drove the car a bit more to see how it drives when I removed the screws shown below on the servo plate to move any tweak Ive mentioned in my previous post. I also replaced the servo I was using previously with a new, full metal casing servo so which is heavier, putting more front end weight to the car. These 2 changes certainly helped the car in the handling department as I feel like the car turns slightly better, but I think theres room for improvement. Im running 100% steering and at full lock the car just pushes and pushes and the front tires are screaming for their lives.

Theres a few things I need to try, changing the front wing to the Montech one to see if that helps, if not then moving the servo to the rear position. If that still doesnt have any improvements then maybe switch the battery to the transverse position. Also maybe softer front springs as well. Lots of testing and tuning needed.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
Went to the track again and drove the car a bit more to see how it drives when I removed the screws shown below on the servo plate to move any tweak Ive mentioned in my previous post. I also replaced the servo I was using previously with a new, full metal casing servo so which is heavier, putting more front end weight to the car. These 2 changes certainly helped the car in the handling department as I feel like the car turns slightly better, but I think theres room for improvement. Im running 100% steering and at full lock the car just pushes and pushes and the front tires are screaming for their lives.

Theres a few things I need to try, changing the front wing to the Montech one to see if that helps, if not then moving the servo to the rear position. If that still doesnt have any improvements then maybe switch the battery to the transverse position. Also maybe softer front springs as well. Lots of testing and tuning needed.
if your front end push alot just give some preload on the side spring or change the side spring for harder spring... for me I run the Roche pink side spring ( Hard ) with some preload and the car feel awesome ! you can play with the side tube too i have 50k in it !
Old 02-08-2019, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just curious what surface you are running on. As for black carpet with a subfloor right out of the box it works fine. zero camber inserts rear wing lowerst setting-the front wing is to flexable for me went to montech . car works without all this drama?
Quinny45 likes this.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:43 AM
Regional Moderator

Went testing the car again this past weekend. Black ETS carpet, Pit 571/572 tires. Almost stock setting aside from using Tamiya Soft grease in the damper tubes and changed to Montech's front wing

Last edited by disaster999; 02-11-2019 at 01:32 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
Giorgio they are taking about the SF4 version not what you are showing. Is there a Fenix USA yet for the xray diff gears -70 and 72 yet?
Hi Bullfrog

the orginal question was:
The xray diff doesn't allow much pod movement unless you dremel the side brace

So I took a photo of my Mistral with the 1/12 Fenix Gear diff parts used in the F1. Was just to show that our diff can be "smaller" if needed.

About the spurs, I'll check with AJ about
Old 02-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
Hi Bullfrog

the orginal question was:
The xray diff doesn't allow much pod movement unless you dremel the side brace

So I took a photo of my Mistral with the 1/12 Fenix Gear diff parts used in the F1. Was just to show that our diff can be "smaller" if needed.

About the spurs, I'll check with AJ about
why you fuck the dog with gear diff ? the ball diff it one of the best on the market with 2 diameter shaft. you can put puck inside and pay with them or run a spool !
DavidNERODease likes this.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:25 PM
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

You won't get the same feeling as a gear diff versus a ball diff with pucks. I run a spool almost exclusively on this car since both of my tracks are black carpet. It is nice to have an option to run a gear diff if I'm ever at a different track with lower traction or want a little more rotation.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by disaster999 View Post
Went testing the car again this past weekend. Black ETS carpet, Pit 571/572 tires. Almost stock setting aside from using Tamiya Soft grease in the damper tubes and changed to Montech's front wing

/watch?v=H3q5EYVrOts
/watch?v=8fYUOeRfPOo
Your car looks dialed!!!