R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #91
Tech Regular

Understood Eddie...This thread, like so many others, is dumb.
That was the point I was trying to make, maybe I was just too politically correct with my post...

I, too, can't stand the "Shoulda/Coulda/Woulda" posts of some. On any given day any of the top drivers can win, and everyone in the A Main has great equipment and speed, or they wouldn't be there. It all comes down to who's day it is, and who has the best car and wheel that day. The car and driver are still the biggest factor of any form of racing. One can't do it without the other, just ask Paul Lemiuex...

Don't let the naysayers or nimwits as you call them get you going. Just keep up the good work, beat them on the track and smile graciously...

"Where The Fast guys Shop"
Putnam Propulsion Competition Motors and Accessories
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #92
Tech Regular

For the record, I think both X-Ray and the Corally cars are awesome pieces of engineering...With any car, there are both strengths and weaknesses, but either could win on any given day. They have both raised the bar and have the other Sedan manufacturers working to catch up on...

"Where The Fast guys Shop"
Putnam Propulsion Competition Motors and Accessories
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:31 PM   #93
Tech Adept

Todd is my HERO.... Todd Putnam for ROAR President because he gets things his way the ski mask way
Andrew Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #94
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Xray and Corally will battle it out this weekend if drew desides to come up and race at the hurricane allstar series. Word on the streets in chitown is that jim herrman will be making the trip to battle it out with the xray studs
wallstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #95
Tech Adept

I will be trying to make that for sure and I will be bringing my gang colors and show how we get it done in the Lou
Old 02-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #96
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alb
T what's up? We need you and the rest of the Corally boys to come to the Canadian Nats this year! April 1-2!

L8

Al Bella
Al,

I want to go bad! I love going to Canada.

Drew- Tell Ralph to line up canadian nats for you guys. I know some good spots in Niagara falls.

T
TJ Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:51 PM   #97
Tech Apprentice

Sundowners?
G-Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 12:53 PM   #98
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dizzle
Sundowners?
haha George. Thats one.
TJ Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #99
Tech Apprentice

Your sooooooooo hard to read TJ!
G-Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 01:54 PM   #100
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Very Funny stuff

Geez,All's I did was make a simple observation based on the people I race with.Never said one was better than the other.Just thought it was/is interesting to see so many people switch so fast.That's it.And,What's wrong with me running a FTTC4? Didn't switch and I do pretty good.LOL.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #101
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO
Please know the facts in the future before speaking.....

Later EddieO
I DID state the facts. Dayger won, followed by Bradley and Robinson. You, who love to throw around results, should have seen these on the Snowbirds site. As far as getting "Peeled", I don't recall any protests or black flags. I could be wrong though.
The reason for my post was not to say that Peter is a bad driver or that he was lacking power. I run your batteries (no motors, yet) and they hit very hard. Peter is obviously a world class driver to be able to compete at this level. I was just trying to show that there is more than one variable involved in determining the winner. What car, speedo, motor, battery, aftermarket chassis , radio, servo were they using. All of these companies will take credit for the win. How about giving the credit to the one person who deserves it. The Driver!!!! They wheel these things for 5 minutes and one small bump can mean the difference between world champ and last weeks chump. I have an RDX and a T2. Don't see too much of a difference between them. Definitely not enough to justify calling it the dominant car. For once in this hobby, let's give credit to the driver who maintains his composure and consistency for the full 5 minutes. Congratulations to all the drivers and to the companies who worked hard to help put them there.
The NIMWIT.
Old 02-21-2006, 03:37 PM   #102
Tech Adept

I just thought it was funny that you start such a harsh theard and you r not even running the 2 cars that we are talking about and stilskin is right no matter what car,speedo, batts,body,tires,motors and anything else it all comes down to the driver and there are no black flags in stock racing it is peel or be peeled in the first lap then race in every a main I have been in it has been that way.....Later Drew
Old 02-21-2006, 03:42 PM   #103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Andrew you should drag Alan Hall to a race with you towards Wisconsin... we go way back from car audio and r/c racing
R/C Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Smile ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Ellis
I just thought it was funny that you start such a harsh theard and you r not even running the 2 cars that we are talking about and stilskin is right no matter what car,speedo, batts,body,tires,motors and anything else it all comes down to the driver and there are no black flags in stock racing it is peel or be peeled in the first lap then race in every a main I have been in it has been that way.....Later Drew
Didn't mean for it to be harsh actually.Just thought it was interesting.I do wholly agree about the cars being pretty equal and that the driver is the deciding factor.Even with "the inferior car"I still have my days as do others at the home track.Looking at the time sheets every week,theres about 5 of us that are Very close.Except for Raf(who slays all before him,lol),it seems to come down to whoever has it together the most takes it.That's driver,not car.Mario.
lotus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:49 PM   #105
Tech Regular

the RDX is awsome car !! says what you want i dont care i like this car and no its not a fragile car !! whit me its not fragile and i now that Xray are more durable but if you can drive both car can win!!

it just a question of what car you like more!! my first car was a Xray and i love it but when i drove the rdx and the look of this car i am in love whit this car and also everyone run a Xray so its sure that people wil Xray is the best erveyone has one and run one!!! anyways!!

My final opinion both car can win and both car have their dowm and up!!

Later!!!
T1Raycer is offline   Reply With Quote