Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
USGT 190mm Ford GT >

USGT 190mm Ford GT

Like Tree57Likes

USGT 190mm Ford GT

Old 08-26-2018, 12:57 PM
  #31  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
LXtacyDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Princeton, NC
Posts: 512
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Got mine painted and mounted. The only draw back is that the wing doesn't have any dimples to indicate where to drill the holes. Not a big deal if you make the holes before painting, which I didn't do. Other than that the body was definitely worth the wait. Now to see how it performs.
massenb203 likes this.
LXtacyDriver is offline  
Old 08-26-2018, 01:31 PM
  #32  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
RKeasler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Posts: 1,004
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Nice,nice,nice !!!!
RKeasler is offline  
Old 08-27-2018, 09:54 AM
  #33  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
Just took out the GT this evening, and Iím officially a believer. I had a crazy busy week and so I wasnít able to cut out the body until I got to the track tonight. I worked on getting it ready between rounds as I raced my P-Zero.

Finally after the mains I was able to take it out for about 20 laps. All I did was change bodies, and in the main just about 15 min prior my hot lap was a 10.8 (had a 10.7 in qualifying) and fought to be be sub 11ís consistently.

As as soon as laid my GT down I fell in love. I was immediately hitting 10.8ís and 10.7ís and hit a hot lap of 10.5 (the fastest lap of the day for USGT).

It was easy to drive but not lazy. I felt like it gave me more entry into the corner but not too aggressive. I LOVED it! I only had 20 laps on it, so did my best to try and feel the difference between the GT and P-Zero. I believe the GT will now be the go to body for USGT!

OH! And guess what, my race paint GT weighed less than my P-Zero!

Great job PF!
Fantastic.

One of my local clubs has a 4.5 hour Scale Spec enduro and my (5 person) team has decided on this body for the race. You're the first review I've been able to find. Do you have any comparisons you could make to other bodies in the way it handles? We want something neutral enough that it suits our most novice drivers but aggressive enough to let our veterans go hog-wild and lay down the heat.
JoshuaRC10 is offline  
Old 08-27-2018, 10:17 AM
  #34  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,947
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10 View Post
Fantastic.

One of my local clubs has a 4.5 hour Scale Spec enduro and my (5 person) team has decided on this body for the race. You're the first review I've been able to find. Do you have any comparisons you could make to other bodies in the way it handles? We want something neutral enough that it suits our most novice drivers but aggressive enough to let our veterans go hog-wild and lay down the heat.
Great question and I should have added that into my review. The car is EXACTLY like you described. Its neutral without being lazy, and aggressive enough for what I like. This was only 20 laps for a review, but it was pretty much back to back with my P-Zero. Based on the setup of my car, I felt it calmed it down while giving me plenty of entry and rotation through the corner. My next time out I want to do more testing just to truly get a feel between the two bodies, but being from Texas, we have a saying, "the proof is in the puddin" and I literally went .2 faster from my fastest lap with was in Q2, the main I was .1 faster (by one lap) but I was able to drive the car hard and CONSISTENTLY at a 10.8-11.0 of those 20 laps. In the mains I was struggling to get sub 11, more 11.0-11.1's.

I am not saying that if you buy this body you will gain .2 per lap no matter what, but I will say it made it easier to drive to help you get that .2 a lap. Hopefully that help and I think you won't be disappointed in the body for all levels of drivers, and to be honest, might be better for more novice drivers as I felt it calmed my car down.

PS - this body is not a prolite but it is thinner than what PF has had for other USGT bodies. If you doing an Enduro, I would recommend no headlight cutouts (especially for the novices). You don't want any cracking going on from the banging that will most likely happen over 4.5 hours.
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Mr. McGoo is offline  
Old 08-27-2018, 10:26 AM
  #35  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
Great question and I should have added that into my review. The car is EXACTLY like you described. Its neutral without being lazy, and aggressive enough for what I like. This was only 20 laps for a review, but it was pretty much back to back with my P-Zero. Based on the setup of my car, I felt it calmed it down while giving me plenty of entry and rotation through the corner. My next time out I want to do more testing just to truly get a feel between the two bodies, but being from Texas, we have a saying, "the proof is in the puddin" and I literally went .2 faster from my fastest lap with was in Q2, the main I was .1 faster (by one lap) but I was able to drive the car hard and CONSISTENTLY at a 10.8-11.0 of those 20 laps. In the mains I was struggling to get sub 11, more 11.0-11.1's.

I am not saying that if you buy this body you will gain .2 per lap no matter what, but I will say it made it easier to drive to help you get that .2 a lap. Hopefully that help and I think you won't be disappointed in the body for all levels of drivers, and to be honest, might be better for more novice drivers as I felt it calmed my car down.

PS - this body is not a prolite but it is thinner than what PF has had for other USGT bodies. If you doing an Enduro, I would recommend no headlight cutouts (especially for the novices). You don't want any cracking going on from the banging that will most likely happen over 4.5 hours.
Brilliant. Thank you!

Re the headlights, we're working on a way to get the lights installed w/o cutting and are hoping to come up with something creative and durable. I don't believe that cutting is in the plan at all.
JoshuaRC10 is offline  
Old 08-27-2018, 11:00 AM
  #36  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,947
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10 View Post
Brilliant. Thank you!

Re the headlights, we're working on a way to get the lights installed w/o cutting and are hoping to come up with something creative and durable. I don't believe that cutting is in the plan at all.
I was just meaning, no painted headlights where you have to do any cutting into the lexan for the headlights. Just use the supplied decals that come with it and you will be set
Mr. McGoo is offline  
Old 08-27-2018, 11:03 AM
  #37  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 339
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
I was just meaning, no painted headlights where you have to do any cutting into the lexan for the headlights. Just use the supplied decals that come with it and you will be set
Ah, gotcha.
JoshuaRC10 is offline  
Old 08-28-2018, 10:02 AM
  #38  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
EricPF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LXtacyDriver View Post
Got mine painted and mounted. The only draw back is that the wing doesn't have any dimples to indicate where to drill the holes. Not a big deal if you make the holes before painting, which I didn't do. Other than that the body was definitely worth the wait. Now to see how it performs.
Our bad. We will get the dimples added!
EricPF is offline  
Old 09-01-2018, 12:46 PM
  #39  
Tech Master
iTrader: (19)
 
vivo quevas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central, Ca.
Posts: 1,351
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I just received my Ford GT looking forward to race day.

vivo quevas is offline  
Old 09-02-2018, 10:39 PM
  #40  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (95)
 
Josh-n-ya's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 2,837
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vivo quevas View Post
I just received my Ford GT looking forward to race day.

the side dam nazis are coming for you. Lol
Josh-n-ya is offline  
Old 09-04-2018, 07:18 AM
  #41  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,838
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Painted and mounted

All I can say is "wow"! I have been running a lightweight Tamiya 05 NSX body and the PF GT is lower and (seems to be) lighter.
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
NutDriver is offline  
Old 09-04-2018, 10:13 AM
  #42  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
EricPF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 296
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I had my first race weekend with the Ford GT this past weekend at the PROTOform Cup. It was a large outdoor track with handout motors.

For me, it was a really well balanced body with plenty of response, steering and overall traction. I was able to take the win in a field of about 20 USGT cars.



ASM, RBLove, team green and 6 others like this.
EricPF is offline  
Old 09-04-2018, 11:09 AM
  #43  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
GrandeGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone run it on carpet?
GrandeGixxer is offline  
Old 09-06-2018, 06:00 AM
  #44  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,404
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Yes and great... love it
GrandeGixxer likes this.
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 09-07-2018, 06:55 AM
  #45  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
TOEBSTER2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DePere, WI
Posts: 1,036
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

TOEBSTER2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.