Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team >

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Like Tree215Likes

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Old 09-07-2018, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
How much would it cost and wha t would i have to buy to upgrade my tc7.1 to the tc7.2?
I never really think its cost effective to convert one car to another ,especially if you have racing the car for a year and a half.
Also I'm not sure why associated didn't make all the aluminum parts in blue , I really like the blue better,

Last edited by Lone Drifter; 09-08-2018 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ASM View Post
Only reason I asked is it appeared that way to me but maybe not....

That is the bottom plate, not close to the spur at all. It's an optical delusion!
Old 09-07-2018, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I used an 100 theeth 64dp Xray spur with the deep side towards the belts. It fits perfect! Not rubbing the belts and perfect in the middle above the cut out. Of course it is too small and is quite high above the chassis plate, but if you need modified gearing, than the Xray spurs are perfect.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

I am afraid to post the full photostory of my build (not yet finished) here. It has already 95 pictures. It showes step by step how it becomes a full racing chassis.
Everybody who is interested to see details of all parts and steps, please feel free to click here:

Associated TC7.2 UIT - Seite 2 - Team Associated / Reedy - RCweb.de RC-Modellbau-Portal

Last edited by wtcc; 09-08-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:50 PM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
I am afraid to post the full photostory of my build (not yet finished) here. It has already 95 pictures. It showes step by how it becomes a full racing chassis.
Everybody who is interested to see details of all parts and steps, please feel free to click here:

Associated TC7.2 UIT - Seite 2 - Team Associated / Reedy - RCweb.de RC-Modellbau-Portal
Extremely impressive photo diary. Well done. That spool and diff are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing this!
Old 09-08-2018, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So organized.. My builds usually look more like this lol
LonnyJ1950, wtcc and gigaplex like this.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

This chassis is just gorgeous! I love design of the parts and the colour choice AE made. To be honest, I was a little bit dissapointed when they announced to make "everything" black, but with the blue touches it comes out perfect

Old 09-09-2018, 03:42 AM
Tech Regular

How much would it cost and wha t would i have to buy to upgrade my tc7.1 to the tc7.2?
You would spend more than buying a whole kit since they changed everything but plastics and shocks.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:08 AM
JC3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

One beautiful chassis for sure. That battery hold down is really something.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had the maiden voyage last night. I put on a setup similar to my TC7.1. I run 2.5-2.8 front SMJ springs and Blue Associated rear springs. I immediately found the car was extremely loose on power out of tight corners. Luckily we have a team driver that was running last night, he has always been extremely helpful. He told me to add the screws to the back of the motor mount. I was running the 4 screws in the front and nothing on the back. I took two out of the front (every other one) and put them in the back and I was very surprised to see the loose condition almost completely disappear. It's going to take a while, but the motor mount screws are a very strong tuning device. The good news is I set a personal best on this track configuration. Two tenths faster on my best lap and 6 seconds faster for a 5 minute race. And there is more left in the car to get it to drive the way I like. I am an old man and I like the rear end pinned, so I may swap out the blue springs in the rear for gray springs. I may also go 3 dots out in the rear. Last thing, I used the kit supplied 5K diff fluid and I normally run 3K for 17.5, so I will also change that to 3K. It will be fun, but guaranteed, the 7.2 is faster than the 7.1.
Steve Weiss, wtcc, tbrymer and 1 others like this.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
I had the maiden voyage last night. I put on a setup similar to my TC7.1. I run 2.5-2.8 front SMJ springs and Blue Associated rear springs. I immediately found the car was extremely loose on power out of tight corners. Luckily we have a team driver that was running last night, he has always been extremely helpful. He told me to add the screws to the back of the motor mount. I was running the 4 screws in the front and nothing on the back. I took two out of the front (every other one) and put them in the back and I was very surprised to see the loose condition almost completely disappear. It's going to take a while, but the motor mount screws are a very strong tuning device. The good news is I set a personal best on this track configuration. Two tenths faster on my best lap and 6 seconds faster for a 5 minute race. And there is more left in the car to get it to drive the way I like. I am an old man and I like the rear end pinned, so I may swap out the blue springs in the rear for gray springs. I may also go 3 dots out in the rear. Last thing, I used the kit supplied 5K diff fluid and I normally run 3K for 17.5, so I will also change that to 3K. It will be fun, but guaranteed, the 7.2 is faster than the 7.1.
Your motor was much faster last night
glennhl likes this.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

My maiden voyage was yesterday afternoon on black carpet. Ran the car pretty wide with blue springs in the front and white in the back and the AE aluminum chassis. USGT tires and the PF Cadillac completed my ride. Used a 106 64 pitch spur and a 43 pinion. I think I can still get a 44 in there, but it is close. Car ran solid, but still need to work on motor and gearing. The layout was small (60x40) with some 180 corners and a chicane. Car was very good in the chicane, but not so much on the 180's. But the driveline was smooth and with less drag than the TC7.1. Potential is very high.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:47 PM
jpx
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Did you run on asphalt or carpet?
Old 09-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Tech Elite

It would likely not be cost effective. Off the top of my head.

Chassis
Top deck
Servo mount
Motor mount
Battery retaining system
Diff
Spool
Center pulleys/spur gear mount

The 7.2 has new shock towers and bearing caps but you can use the older versions.
Bar likes this.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Read the sheet incorrectly. DOH

Last edited by Rodney Racer; 09-11-2018 at 11:23 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service