Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team >

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Like Tree259Likes

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Old 02-19-2020, 01:50 AM
  #451  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 802
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

How’s the 1up version 2 dtc system for this car? Does it really make a noticeable difference in improving the handling?
riceball777 is offline  
Old 02-19-2020, 02:58 PM
  #452  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,496
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by riceball777 View Post
How’s the 1up version 2 dtc system for this car? Does it really make a noticeable difference in improving the handling?
It's a very nice design. The main thing is it allows you to dial in your rear toe to finer settings. Some people do set it up to either increase or decrease toe on compression, but I had read that most Team drivers were setting it up for zero change especially on a bumpy track.
glennhl is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 01:24 PM
  #453  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 1
Default

What does raising or lowering the diff do? When do you do it and why?
Thanks!
Gezer2u3 is offline  
Old 03-16-2020, 08:34 PM
  #454  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,194
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

How's the mid motor conversion going for the racers that's running them. I have a one race old 7.2 and thought out might be a good upgrade.

Any info is appreciated!
Joe Maxey is offline  
Old 03-16-2020, 09:53 PM
  #455  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,402
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I got to try one at the ROAR Nats…. Ive ordered 5 for me and others... I think its the ticket to keep the 7.2 in the hunt
Joe Maxey and glennhl like this.
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 03-25-2020, 08:45 AM
  #456  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 6
Default

Hey guys, I have tried to search the thread for this answer, but I must be the only one that is struggling here. I am in the process of this build and I am at the steps where I attach the shocks to the arms. In previous steps, I inserted a headless screw into the arm where the bottom of the shock should connect to the arm. In the instructions, on the bottom of page 19, it shows attaching the shocks, but only describes how they attach to the top, there is no description on how they attach to the bottom arm, which has only a threaded screw sticking out of the arm to attach to (no ball). I don't even see the part that this needs to attach to in the parts. am I supposed to thread the bottom of the shock to the arm, or is there a ball joint I need to attach it to? Please help. This is very frustrating.
Thanks,
Chad
NYURDRMS is offline  
Old 03-25-2020, 09:09 AM
  #457  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by NYURDRMS View Post
Hey guys, I have tried to search the thread for this answer, but I must be the only one that is struggling here. I am in the process of this build and I am at the steps where I attach the shocks to the arms. In previous steps, I inserted a headless screw into the arm where the bottom of the shock should connect to the arm. In the instructions, on the bottom of page 19, it shows attaching the shocks, but only describes how they attach to the top, there is no description on how they attach to the bottom arm, which has only a threaded screw sticking out of the arm to attach to (no ball). I don't even see the part that this needs to attach to in the parts. am I supposed to thread the bottom of the shock to the arm, or is there a ball joint I need to attach it to? Please help. This is very frustrating.
Thanks,
Chad
use this basic setup for starting
http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/ass...C7.2_KitSetup/

then you can change the setup according category that you want run (mod o stock) and track (asphalt or carpet) and low or high traction track
Lizard66 is offline  
Old 03-25-2020, 09:41 AM
  #458  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 15
Default

TC 7.2 Manual, page 5, shock build - bag 1 - step 2.

The bottom of the shock has a pivot ball, on the eyelet, that will attach to the arm.
jmarinheiro is offline  
Old 03-25-2020, 10:00 AM
  #459  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by jmarinheiro View Post
TC 7.2 Manual, page 5, shock build - bag 1 - step 2.

The bottom of the shock has a pivot ball, on the eyelet, that will attach to the arm.
Thanks, I have that pivot ball on the shock, does it screw onto the threaded post on the arm?
NYURDRMS is offline  
Old 03-25-2020, 10:05 AM
  #460  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by NYURDRMS View Post
Thanks, I have that pivot ball on the shock, does it screw onto the threaded post on the arm?

Thanks, I see it now, I put the balls on the bottom of the shocks too early, as the instructions showed.
NYURDRMS is offline  
Old 03-25-2020, 10:10 AM
  #461  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Page 10, Bag 5, Step 3

The pivot ball will attach to the M3x8 set screw, that is attached to the arms.

See also page 19, shocks on the right side of both images are attached in the arm and also in the shock tower. The manual is very straightforward.
jmarinheiro is offline  
Old 03-25-2020, 08:09 PM
  #462  
Tech Master
iTrader: (14)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,194
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Mid motor conversion

In search of a mid motor conversion for my Tc7.2. Looking for a used one or a good deal on a new one. I only race a couple times a year sp I don't want to spend a bunch of $$$.

TIA!
Joe Maxey is offline  
Old 03-27-2020, 06:49 AM
  #463  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 51
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey View Post
In search of a mid motor conversion for my Tc7.2. Looking for a used one or a good deal on a new one. I only race a couple times a year sp I don't want to spend a bunch of $$$.

TIA!
PM sent
Jean Alesi is offline  
Old 04-09-2020, 07:47 AM
  #464  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,402
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I did some video on the TC7.2m thats posted on the TC7.2 Facebook page

here is the link



https://www.facebook.com/groups/3404...omment_mention

3TurnRacing likes this.
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 06-08-2020, 04:53 PM
  #465  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (31)
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 802
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Every how long do you guys change out your diff and shock fluid? Also with associated not making any on road cars what company/cars have you guys been switching to?
riceball777 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.