Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team >

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Like Tree92Likes

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Old 08-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The two off-road I bought were good. One online and one in person. The one online is nice but was advertised as a 22 4.0 but ended up a 22 4.0 SR. Wasnít happy as it never mentioned SR. I asked the guy for a credit of the difference of what the kits cost and he offers $10. What really made me mad was he said ďitís no big deal, $15 later same carĒ I could have shipped it back but didnít trust him after that.

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

I would be hesitant about buying used off road. So far with on road Iíve had no problems. I currently race a used 4x. Only changed spur/pinion. Otherwise Itís as it came. Iíve bought 6-7 used Touring cars in past few years. No problems with any of them.

Old 08-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post

I would be hesitant about buying used off road. So far with on road Iíve had no problems. I currently race a used 4x. Only changed spur/pinion. Otherwise Itís as it came. Iíve bought 6-7 used Touring cars in past few years. No problems with any of them.

Good to hear, but it really depends on who you bought the car from. If you had the luxury of watching the previous owner take care of his cars and racing them clean(no crazy accidents) for a while, then I would say go for it...Otherwise, get a new kit....
Old 08-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Good to hear, but it really depends on who you bought the car from. If you had the luxury of watching the previous owner take care of his cars and racing them clean(no crazy accidents) for a while, then I would say go for it...Otherwise, get a new kit....
all of mine have been from here or eBay. Only pictures and descriptions. Usually ask couple questions. So far Iíve been able to get good or bad feel from it. Iíve found certain words or description are red flags to just move.

Bigger thing is that on road has such limited popularity outside the racing community, that probability is high that car was built properly. Especially with the high end Touring car. Itís hard enuff to get the average RC owner to consider a road car. Even less they will have a close to new T4, 7.1, 4x or awesomatix. Even the speed run crowd usually avoids the high end stuff.
And whatís been a bonus is, so far these car have come far better setup then Iím currently capable of. Iím just now starting to mess with setting. Trying to close in that 1.5 second that gets me on the lead lap. Not even thinking much beyond that.
Hundo likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

It's a good looking chassis I'll admit. I ran off-road AE for a longggggg time but there has never been any local support for AE touring cars so I've always had XRAY's. As much as I know I'd probably like the car going off past experience with them, I'll stick with what I can get locally and keep my local shops/tracks open.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slodsm View Post
It's a good looking chassis I'll admit. I ran off-road AE for a longggggg time but there has never been any local support for AE touring cars so I've always had XRAY's. As much as I know I'd probably like the car going off past experience with them, I'll stick with what I can get locally and keep my local shops/tracks open.
I'm sure your local shop can order anything from AE.
davidl and Hundo like this.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I really don't see too many large updates. Just the top deck and chassis has another relief opposite the motor. Different motor mount and upgraded rear diff. Do like the battery hold downs. Everything else is the same. Not really worth upgrading from my 7.1 especially if I plan on getting the aluminum chassis.
Old 08-20-2018, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

I dunno, this lot of new features looks worth it to me

Old 08-20-2018, 10:19 PM
Tech Champion

Lots of low rotational mass parts mentioned, just like my AE car: I must have been correct all along....hummm...
Old 08-21-2018, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal View Post
I dunno, this lot of new features looks worth it to me

Careful, some of those features aren't actually new.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hopefully...
Old 08-21-2018, 03:46 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sport10 View Post
I really don't see too many large updates. Just the top deck and chassis has another relief opposite the motor. Different motor mount and upgraded rear diff. Do like the battery hold downs. Everything else is the same. Not really worth upgrading from my 7.1 especially if I plan on getting the aluminum chassis.
No need to change suspension components when a car works so well, it's not a Yokomo lol. The new diff and motor mount are two very big changes over the 7 and 7.1, the new diff won't fit in the current car and is a big improvement over the current diff. Take a look at the new motor mount it's now centrally mounted with many options for adjusting flex by removing or putting screws in, also has the option to mount two screws across the rear.
JC3 likes this.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

You know that arms haven't changed since BD5wx right?

And clearly, it IS a Yokomo...
Old 08-21-2018, 06:25 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
You know that arms haven't changed since BD5wx right?

And clearly, it IS a Yokomo...
You could say more like an Awesomatix in that they were the first I know of to flip the belts and pulleys over and use an alloy diff. They seem to handle nothing like a Yokomo, in the fact it actually handles. And the Yok diff is pretty rubbish. Yok hasn't had a good car since the original BD7, maybe they will sort it for the 19 car. Arms aren't the same, the material is different for a start, check the part no's!

Last edited by Bar; 08-21-2018 at 06:45 AM. Reason: posted to wrong person
Old 08-21-2018, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Will the Internal ratio and belt lengths remain the same as the 7.1. 189 and 516 belts I think.

Last edited by Jamie Hanson; 08-21-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:06 AM
Bar
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson View Post
Will the Internal ratio and belt lengths remain the same at the 7.1. 189 and 516 belts I think.
Belts are the same.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service