R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/1023133-team-associated-tc7-2-factory-team.html)

Hundo 08-09-2018 03:20 PM

The two off-road I bought were good. One online and one in person. The one online is nice but was advertised as a 22 4.0 but ended up a 22 4.0 SR. Wasn’t happy as it never mentioned SR. I asked the guy for a credit of the difference of what the kits cost and he offers $10. What really made me mad was he said “it’s no big deal, $15 later same car” I could have shipped it back but didn’t trust him after that.

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly (Post 15276678)

I would be hesitant about buying used off road. So far with on road I’ve had no problems. I currently race a used 4x. Only changed spur/pinion. Otherwise It’s as it came. I’ve bought 6-7 used Touring cars in past few years. No problems with any of them.

bertrandsv87 08-09-2018 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly (Post 15276678)

I would be hesitant about buying used off road. So far with on road I’ve had no problems. I currently race a used 4x. Only changed spur/pinion. Otherwise It’s as it came. I’ve bought 6-7 used Touring cars in past few years. No problems with any of them.

Good to hear, but it really depends on who you bought the car from. If you had the luxury of watching the previous owner take care of his cars and racing them clean(no crazy accidents) for a while, then I would say go for it...Otherwise, get a new kit....

Billy Kelly 08-09-2018 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 (Post 15276715)
Good to hear, but it really depends on who you bought the car from. If you had the luxury of watching the previous owner take care of his cars and racing them clean(no crazy accidents) for a while, then I would say go for it...Otherwise, get a new kit....

all of mine have been from here or eBay. Only pictures and descriptions. Usually ask couple questions. So far I’ve been able to get good or bad feel from it. I’ve found certain words or description are red flags to just move.

Bigger thing is that on road has such limited popularity outside the racing community, that probability is high that car was built properly. Especially with the high end Touring car. It’s hard enuff to get the average RC owner to consider a road car. Even less they will have a close to new T4, 7.1, 4x or awesomatix. Even the speed run crowd usually avoids the high end stuff.
And what’s been a bonus is, so far these car have come far better setup then I’m currently capable of. I’m just now starting to mess with setting. Trying to close in that 1.5 second that gets me on the lead lap. Not even thinking much beyond that.

slodsm 08-13-2018 07:35 PM

It's a good looking chassis I'll admit. I ran off-road AE for a longggggg time but there has never been any local support for AE touring cars so I've always had XRAY's. As much as I know I'd probably like the car going off past experience with them, I'll stick with what I can get locally and keep my local shops/tracks open.

BadSign 08-13-2018 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by slodsm (Post 15279194)
It's a good looking chassis I'll admit. I ran off-road AE for a longggggg time but there has never been any local support for AE touring cars so I've always had XRAY's. As much as I know I'd probably like the car going off past experience with them, I'll stick with what I can get locally and keep my local shops/tracks open.

I'm sure your local shop can order anything from AE.

sport10 08-20-2018 06:05 PM

I really don't see too many large updates. Just the top deck and chassis has another relief opposite the motor. Different motor mount and upgraded rear diff. Do like the battery hold downs. Everything else is the same. Not really worth upgrading from my 7.1 especially if I plan on getting the aluminum chassis.

Edwin Pibal 08-20-2018 10:13 PM

I dunno, this lot of new features looks worth it to me

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...cc6824b5f9.jpg

bertrandsv87 08-20-2018 10:19 PM

Lots of low rotational mass parts mentioned, just like my AE car: I must have been correct all along....hummm...

gigaplex 08-21-2018 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by Edwin Pibal (Post 15283589)
I dunno, this lot of new features looks worth it to me

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rct...cc6824b5f9.jpg

Careful, some of those features aren't actually new.

Airwave 08-21-2018 02:12 AM

Hopefully...

Bar 08-21-2018 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by sport10 (Post 15283459)
I really don't see too many large updates. Just the top deck and chassis has another relief opposite the motor. Different motor mount and upgraded rear diff. Do like the battery hold downs. Everything else is the same. Not really worth upgrading from my 7.1 especially if I plan on getting the aluminum chassis.

No need to change suspension components when a car works so well, it's not a Yokomo lol. The new diff and motor mount are two very big changes over the 7 and 7.1, the new diff won't fit in the current car and is a big improvement over the current diff. Take a look at the new motor mount it's now centrally mounted with many options for adjusting flex by removing or putting screws in, also has the option to mount two screws across the rear.

Airwave 08-21-2018 05:38 AM

You know that arms haven't changed since BD5wx right?

And clearly, it IS a Yokomo...

Bar 08-21-2018 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Airwave (Post 15283726)
You know that arms haven't changed since BD5wx right?

And clearly, it IS a Yokomo...

You could say more like an Awesomatix in that they were the first I know of to flip the belts and pulleys over and use an alloy diff. They seem to handle nothing like a Yokomo, in the fact it actually handles. And the Yok diff is pretty rubbish. Yok hasn't had a good car since the original BD7, maybe they will sort it for the 19 car. Arms aren't the same, the material is different for a start, check the part no's!

Jamie Hanson 08-21-2018 06:55 AM

Will the Internal ratio and belt lengths remain the same as the 7.1. 189 and 516 belts I think.

Bar 08-21-2018 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson (Post 15283772)
Will the Internal ratio and belt lengths remain the same at the 7.1. 189 and 516 belts I think.

Belts are the same.