Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team >

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Like Tree97Likes

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Old 08-05-2018, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mooby64 View Post
Soooo.....$500+ and no aluminum chassis???
With the optional aluminum chassis its more then the Xray 18
Old 08-06-2018, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
That's... no... Yes, that's the motor mount of the Yokomo from 3 years ago!!!

Great Asso! I'm pretty much surprised the chassis has no hole for the NiMH... lol
It isn't, but let's not worry about that!

Old 08-06-2018, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mooby64 View Post
Soooo.....$500+ and no aluminum chassis???
Probably because everyone running on Tarmac / Asphalt doesn't want one??
Bar, Edwin Pibal, gigaplex and 1 others like this.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Carpet....

The car looks great and can appreciate the updates they made. I was however super surprised they didnít pull out a old TC5/TC5R offering. As this current kit is not going to be a popular choice for Black carpet racers. Chassis, top deck is rendered useless, and will most certainly sit on the shelf for a extra $100+ for the optional carpet chassis and top deck. They change the diffs for there B6/B6D why not show some love for the on road guys. Other then that kit looks great.
RobS likes this.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:58 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
The car looks great and can appreciate the updates they made. I was however super surprised they didnít pull out a old TC5/TC5R offering. As this current kit is not going to be a popular choice for Black carpet racers. Chassis, top deck is rendered useless, and will most certainly sit on the shelf for a extra $100+ for the optional carpet chassis and top deck. They change the diffs for there B6/B6D why not show some love for the on road guys. Other then that kit looks great.
So what exactly is wrong with the chassis and top deck? Top deck looks similar to the t4, and is aluminum the way to go on carpet now? back when i raced carpet it was only graphite has everyone switched to aluminum now?
Old 08-06-2018, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Most people do. It lowers the cog and is easier and more consistent to drive on high grip surfaces.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Somebody know if the turnbuckles will be steel or titanium on this car?
And what size the ballstuds for the shocks are?
Old 08-08-2018, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wtcc View Post
Somebody know if the turnbuckles will be steel or titanium on this car?
And what size the ballstuds for the shocks are?
likely titaniuim tie rods
Old 08-08-2018, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

As crazy as it sounds; don't think I'll upgrade; concentrating on electronics and driving for the next long while. That being said I could do things like install a 1.5mm top deck from RSD. Is it worth doing that? I run mainly on black CRC and traction is med-high most of the time (Club) I have the solid allow chassis.
beyondthepack, Billy Kelly and JC3 like this.
Old 08-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Well Its a almost totally new TC7 model (should have been Tc8) If you are going to keep your current TC7 ,7.1 cars get your Non Go Forward parts Now, availability will dry up quick. Afterall the 7.1 hasn't been seen in a store for months
Old 08-09-2018, 12:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

As your saying you can upgrade the 7 & 7.1 but the chassis has changed in the 7.2 correct, design. Iím new to this and Iím looking at AE, Xray and Mugen. Iím leaning more towards a used 7.1

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter View Post
Well Its a almost totally new TC7 model (should have been Tc8) If you are going to keep your current TC7 ,7.1 cars get your Non Go Forward parts Now, availability will dry up quick. Afterall the 7.1 hasn't been seen in a store for months
Old 08-09-2018, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

For one, used rc cars are cheap, but you will need to break it down and probably buy new parts that the previous owner did not know were bent and out of spec: you might be chasing your tail all season or winning races if you got lucky. With the new car, you have a better chance of not chasing your tail due to bad parts, and won't have to worry too much about having old tech like BERT....lol....Just get the tc7.2 so you won't have to keep me company ok: I like to be alone in the winning/losing circle.....
Hundo likes this.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Great point! I normally donít buy used for that reason. I bought a used new 22 4.0 buggy from a guy that had someone put it together for him rtr and he never raced it. I for $320 charger top line battery parts, radio. The more I think about it, he may have not bought it 😳 It never saw the track or ran for that matter. Iíve got a 22 4.0 SR roller Iím going to sell in prefer to do on road.

If if I was to go new I was thinking Xray

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
For one, used rc cars are cheap, but you will need to break it down and probably buy new parts that the previous owner did not know were bent and out of spec: you might be chasing your tail all season or winning races if you got lucky. With the new car, you have a better chance of not chasing your tail due to bad parts, and won't have to worry too much about having old tech like BERT....lol....Just get the tc7.2 so you won't have to keep me company ok: I like to be alone in the winning/losing circle.....
Old 08-09-2018, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

You can always mortgage the universe and go buy a new Xray, but with AE you'll still have money for gas, rent, wifey, and the two or three girlfriends....lol...
Edwin Pibal and Hundo like this.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hundo View Post
Great point! I normally don’t buy used for that reason. I bought a used new 22 4.0 buggy from a guy that had someone put it together for him rtr and he never raced it. I for $320 charger top line battery parts, radio. The more I think about it, he may have not bought it �� It never saw the track or ran for that matter. I’ve got a 22 4.0 SR roller I’m going to sell in prefer to do on road.

If if I was to go new I was thinking Xray

I would be hesitant about buying used off road. So far with on road I’ve had no problems. I currently race a used 4x. Only changed spur/pinion. Otherwise It’s as it came. I’ve bought 6-7 used Touring cars in past few years. No problems with any of them.

DesertRat and Hundo like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service