Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team >

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Like Tree156Likes

Team Associated TC7.2 Factory Team

Reply

Old 10-08-2018, 06:29 PM
  #166  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 6,588
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Am I reading this correctly? Did Bert break down and finally buy a new car? Bert, that is fantastic.
Sorry to disappoint you but I meant my AE car, not the tc7.2......Bert breaking down = impossible...
DavidNERODease likes this.
bertrandsv87 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:00 PM
  #167  
jpx
Tech Adept
 
jpx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 208
Default

Ok guys - thank you all for calming me down! ��
In the beginning the weights where diagonally FL and RR heavier than FR an FL
I just had to turn the preload rings a few millimeters to achive the above posted distribution - but than I was worried as I didn‘t expect it to be normal, that just one end shows that discrepancy at the same time when everthing else seem perfectly straight and level.
Anyway - no more worries so far! Hope to get some tracktime on thursday! ��
jpx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:32 AM
  #168  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 2,271
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but I meant my AE car, not the tc7.2......Bert breaking down = impossible...
Berts Jeep on the other hand...
gigaplex is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:17 AM
  #169  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mesa az
Posts: 452
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default TC7.2 maiden voyage

Well... took a little break because of the summer heat and finally got back out to run the 7.2. This is the first time running since reedy last May and I stepped up to the mod game. Typically I run stock, but I figured it was time to jump up at least for local races. Showed up to the track, still needed a couple corrections and a body mounted (due to my poor mechanic skills lol) but car was flawless all day, mod is definitely a different world but cant wait to get back out there this weekend!


WEEZY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:16 AM
  #170  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Default Try shocks

Originally Posted by jpx View Post
I finally finished building mine! Very excited to have my first test drive.
But after adjusting and doing all measurments I got little bit confused:
weight on the singe wheels are (ready to drive, no body):
front: 294g 294g
rear: 288g 300g
what may I have done wrong, that the rear wheels show such a difference while everthing else seems to be prefect?
ride hight is:
front: 5.4 5.4
rear: 5.6 5.6
tweak also seems to be fine as well:
both wheels are lifting from ground in front at the same time, when lifting the car in front - respectively in the rear.

... its not my first TC I was building ...
Any ideas what I may check again?
I rebuilt my shocks perfectly the second time around, set ride height and boom, all 4 wheels within 3g
Hasselhoff is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:03 PM
  #171  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 37
Default

I recently ordered a 7.2 kit, any tips for the build to make it go as smoothly as possible? I will be building it with the aluminum chassis as my local track is high grip CRC carpet.
Megatron328 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:02 PM
  #172  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Megatron328 View Post
I recently ordered a 7.2 kit, any tips for the build to make it go as smoothly as possible? I will be building it with the aluminum chassis as my local track is high grip CRC carpet.
Make sure to measure the weight of the diff BEFORE you put any fluid in it. I filled to a level and unless I completely take it apart and clean each part individually, I get too much fluid when filling to a level. Go the weight method, then residual fluid is not a problem.
glennhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:04 PM
  #173  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WEEZY View Post
Well... took a little break because of the summer heat and finally got back out to run the 7.2. This is the first time running since reedy last May and I stepped up to the mod game. Typically I run stock, but I figured it was time to jump up at least for local races. Showed up to the track, still needed a couple corrections and a body mounted (due to my poor mechanic skills lol) but car was flawless all day, mod is definitely a different world but cant wait to get back out there this weekend!


Sure like your "REEDY Power".
gigaplex likes this.
glennhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:22 PM
  #174  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Arvada, CO
Posts: 37
Default

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Make sure to measure the weight of the diff BEFORE you put any fluid in it. I filled to a level and unless I completely take it apart and clean each part individually, I get too much fluid when filling to a level. Go the weight method, then residual fluid is not a problem.
Thanks for the tip
Megatron328 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:25 AM
  #175  
JC3
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 654
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
Make sure to measure the weight of the diff BEFORE you put any fluid in it. I filled to a level and unless I completely take it apart and clean each part individually, I get too much fluid when filling to a level. Go the weight method, then residual fluid is not a problem.
I never have understood this. What is the advantage of the weight method?
JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:14 AM
  #176  
ASM
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
ASM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Palm Bay, FL
Posts: 1,705
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

It's the method for putting the exact same amount back into your diff each time you rebuild. This keeps the diff's performance exact. Too much fluid or too little and the diff acts differently and can change the handling of car. Precise measuring keeps the diff characteristics constant.
glennhl and JC3 like this.
ASM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:25 AM
  #177  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
I never have understood this. What is the advantage of the weight method?
This is what happens if you use the level measurement method.

1) Build it originally using the level method, everything is fine.
2) Decide to change fluid to different viscosity
3) Take the diff apart. The parts you take out (gear set) still has fluid stuck to it
4) Put in new fluid using level measurement
5) The residual fluid that is on the other parts you took out, now make it so the diff is overfilled.

If you weigh the diff dry when you first build it, say it ways 20.5 grams. Now you fill it to 22.5 grams. Now if you take it apart and fill it again to 22.5 grams total, you will be fine, there will be the right amount of fluid in the diff.

My experience when using the level method is I overfilled the diff using the level measurement because of the residual oil on the parts that I removed. And this resulted in a very stiff diff and caused the car to oversteer badly on corner exits. I checked with some 7.2 owners and found out that the dry diff weighs 20.5 grams. I filled to 22.5 and the diff got looser and my problem with oversteer on exit went away.
LonnyJ1950 likes this.
glennhl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:44 AM
  #178  
JC3
Tech Addict
iTrader: (6)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 654
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Filling A Diff: Level vs Weight Method

Originally Posted by glennhl View Post
This is what happens if you use the level measurement method.

1) Build it originally using the level method, everything is fine.
2) Decide to change fluid to different viscosity
3) Take the diff apart. The parts you take out (gear set) still has fluid stuck to it
4) Put in new fluid using level measurement
5) The residual fluid that is on the other parts you took out, now make it so the diff is overfilled.

If you weigh the diff dry when you first build it, say it ways 20.5 grams. Now you fill it to 22.5 grams. Now if you take it apart and fill it again to 22.5 grams total, you will be fine, there will be the right amount of fluid in the diff.

My experience when using the level method is I overfilled the diff using the level measurement because of the residual oil on the parts that I removed. And this resulted in a very stiff diff and caused the car to oversteer badly on corner exits. I checked with some 7.2 owners and found out that the dry diff weighs 20.5 grams. I filled to 22.5 and the diff got looser and my problem with oversteer on exit went away.
Thank you for putting together such a thorough explanation! Now I fully understand. The effect of the residual oil had escaped me until you pointed it out.
JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:06 PM
  #179  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: England
Posts: 1,488
Default

There's some great tips and videos that Chris Grainger has done that we've posted on the Uk team FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/AEUKTC/
JC3 likes this.
MattW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:48 PM
  #180  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (47)
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Posts: 16,701
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys, I've got some new releases for the 7.2 from 1up Racing! All are in stock and ready to ship!

Check out the full details at https://www.1upracing.com/product-category/tc7/

150135 - Center Pulley Spacer & Spur Plate Set
150136 - Blue 7075 Aluminum Upper Screw Set
150137 - Carbon Fiber Center Link Set "Pitch Control"





Steve Weiss likes this.
Randy Caster is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service