Like Tree9Likes

Project 4x GZO

Old 08-03-2018, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Default Project 4x GZO

I don't want to dirty up the Gizmo thread any more than I already have with conversion talk etc... so here we are.

It looks like I need just 2 newly designed parts to convert my Serpent Project 4x EVO to the original Gizmo centered motor/2 spur design. Two new parts!
Part 1) A new chassis plate designed to accept the non beta GZ2 motor mount, right side shorty battery placement and might as well make provision for the GZ brass weight.
Part 2) Either new layshafts designed to mount the layshaft pulleys with the required offset to match the stock 4x diffs or new offset layshaft pulleys for the original GZ layshafts.

The 4x Evo servo mount can be flipped to mount the servo on the right side. The 4x Evo already has a vertical top deck that will clear the motor and GZ motor mount.

Done. The point of this conversion is to lower the heaviest part of the car (motor) right to the minimum ground clearance - a far more significant change than shorter shocks and towers - especially on a car that doesn't even have shock towers!

All feedback naughty or nice on this idea is welcomed.
lagcisco and RoyB like this.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking

Nice, nice. I will watch and read with great attention
From what I heard here in Gemany, I would say a hybrid with Awesomatix suspension should be the non-plus-ultra, but I guess you got the 4x already.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Correction, I would probably have to mount the servo directly to the chassis plate (early Awesomatix A700 style) in order to clear the front belt - furthering lowering the CG LOL.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
I don't want to dirty up the Gizmo thread any more than I already have with conversion talk etc... so here we are.

It looks like I need just 2 newly designed parts to convert my Serpent Project 4x EVO to the original Gizmo centered motor/2 spur design. Two new parts!
Part 1) A new chassis plate designed to accept the non beta GZ2 motor mount, right side shorty battery placement and might as well make provision for the GZ brass weight.
Part 2) Either new layshafts designed to mount the layshaft pulleys with the required offset to match the stock 4x diffs or new offset layshaft pulleys for the original GZ layshafts.

The 4x Evo servo mount can be flipped to mount the servo on the right side. The 4x Evo already has a vertical top deck that will clear the motor and GZ motor mount.

Done. The point of this conversion is to lower the heaviest part of the car (motor) right to the minimum ground clearance - a far more significant change than shorter shocks and towers - especially on a car that doesn't even have shock towers!

All feedback naughty or nice on this idea is welcomed.
hmm maybe just buy a Gizmo?
Walers likes this.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The CG of the Awesomatix is already too low in most mod racing... Going lower will not improve performance at all, but of course find a way to build your vision of the perfect car so I can lap it with mine(lowest rotational mass tc4.2 ever)....lol....
Old 08-04-2018, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
The CG of the Awesomatix is already too low in most mod racing... Going lower will not improve performance at all, but of course find a way to build your vision of the perfect car so I can lap it with mine(lowest rotational mass tc4.2 ever)....lol....
Wow what car donít you have?
Rick Vessell and gigaplex like this.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:12 AM
OSS
Tech Initiate

This sounds amazing I can't wait to see it.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

With both diffs offset to the right (rear heave shock moved to the left side) the battery and electronics will be better balanced - freeing up mass to put into the chassis plate and further lowering the CG.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post

hmm maybe just buy a Gizmo?
The existence of the beta car is very off-putting. I'm also infected with the low CG virus (and a few other related diseases).
Old 08-04-2018, 10:35 AM
OSS
Tech Initiate

4X bulkhead are kind of big will the gears actually clear it?
Old 08-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Default Close

Originally Posted by OSS View Post
4X bulkhead are kind of big will the gears actually clear it?
It's close for sure... also the rear toe link on the 4x as it's much further forward than on the GZ. Very hard to tell without the GZ parts in my hand yet.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

LOL, the dream might be crushed already. The 4x might actually be the only chassis that can't be converted due to the bulkhead design
Old 08-04-2018, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You can't give up that fast, when you consider that I am still hopeful that a motor company will pickup on my old tungsten hd18 rotor shaft idea with the promise of more rpm/torque/power, less magnetic interference, less flux losses , less shaft vibrations, etc...lol....

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 08-04-2018 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There goes my hope for an awesome thread...
gigaplex likes this.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
Lol, didnít know this forum was RC fantasy racing...

I wonder if youíve ever had any track time or racing results...
Rick Vessell and gigaplex like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.