Like Tree44Likes

21.5 motor

Old 08-13-2018, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

At some point more rules starts to punish effort. You start to tread a really fine line as on one hand you want racing to be "fair" (whatever that is) but on the other hand if someone doesn't feel like their equipment is worth their time then that can be as discouraging as any other factor.

Whining about spec motors makes me miss boost. I was good at boost, and nobody cared what motor you had, all you had to do was figure out how give that motor what it wanted and man, you could FLY. No good thing can be allowed to last, I guess.

As far as a new 21.5 motor goes, I would recommend the Trinity through EA Motorsports. All of their motors are "good motors" without the "Certified 5% BS (tm)" you get from some places. No motor should be "The One" or "Certified" in some way and cost $50 more.
jlfx car audio likes this.

Last edited by DesertRat; 08-13-2018 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
At some point more rules starts to punish effort. You start to tread a really fine line as on one hand you want racing to be "fair" (whatever that is) but on the other hand if someone doesn't feel like their equipment is worth their time then that can be as discouraging as any other factor.

Whining about spec motors makes me miss boost. I was good at boost, and nobody cared what motor you had, all you had to do was figure out how give that motor what it wanted and man, you could FLY. No good thing can be allowed to last, I guess.

As far as a new 21.5 motor goes, I would recommend the Trinity through EA Motorsports. All of their motors are "good motors" without the "Certified 5% BS (tm)" you get from some places. No motor should be "The One" or "Certified" in some way and cost $50 more.
hmm 2 classes will solve this , want slow spec class race euro trucks , want to race fast and not worry about the whining and crying of spec, handout motors? Run mod. Or just have everyone mount their transponders on their back or on top of their heads and run laps around the track for an hour carrying your Rc car and see who is in first after the hour
BullFrog and jlfx car audio like this.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
To argue this point today 3 of us ran our packs fully charged in heats 1 and 2 to get a solid base line ... In Q3 me and one other did NOT charge between rounds .... Guess what we ran just as fast (actually slightly faster .06) went .1 faster on hot lap and .06 faster on top 10 and .1 faster in top 10.... The other guy ran same hot lap and faster in his top5/top10.... Then for the main a 3rd racer didn't recharge and he also went faster as well ....
So running 6000mah packs for a total of 12min there was 0 fade from voltage ,crazy huh?
Batteries are less important when you have more motor than necessary and limit it by fdr....
At the end of Q3 I recharged (this is after 2 6min heats + 5-7 warm up laps ) I only put in 4400mah ...
To add a more detail
Q2 8.4start -7.9 end voltage (hot lap 10.9)
Q3 7.9 start -7.6 end voltage (hot lap 10.86)
Main 8.4start -7.9 end voltsge (HL 10.84)
Check it out on live rc at apex rc ....
Me ,jackie woodward ,and Steve Kiki all did this
O just remembered Rick worth ran his uncharged in the main also and he ran same speed as well . ...
So for us new /"pack of the month" makes 0 defference in the racing ...
But if you still argue this you guys do know that battery warz have been going on for yrs right ? Can am isnt going to have any more/less effect of good packs vs running 17.5tc
Lap avg is the true baseline when considering lipo power
jlfx car audio likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Hate to hijack this thread but Mod racing is the truest form of Spec racing, there no motor/lipo of the month, everybody has ABOUT the same amount of power. It all comes down to setup, driving and consistency. So unless you include handout ESC, FDR limits the new/old war will continue to be more powerful liposor the cheater ESC blinky profiles

Expect more of the same
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Lap avg is the true baseline when considering lipo power
Avg lap was faster with uncharged lipo for us guys (B-c main drivers)
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87 View Post
If they sealed spec motors at 360v2, they would have tripled the attendance and Alex would also not have to chase the racers leaving with the spec motors...
I will probably comeback to race at 360v2 in mid October(after fixing the Jeep), and I am planning to run either Usgt , F1 , Mod or (take it home only) Spec.....lol..... No way to pay for a product that someone else gets to keep !!!
bert has to be the google of rctech
Old 08-13-2018, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat View Post
Hate to hijack this thread but Mod racing is the truest form of Spec racing, there no motor/lipo of the month, everybody has ABOUT the same amount of power. It all comes down to setup, driving and consistency. So unless you include handout ESC, FDR limits the new/old war will continue to be more powerful liposor the cheater ESC blinky profiles

Expect more of the same
Do you really think your 4t boosted can hold a candle to my A700ex 2.5t boosted in the straight ??? I doubt it !!! It will seem like you're running a 21.5t boosted next to my rocket....lol....Knowing how to make the most power for any class is BERT's speciality...lol...
I am still working on the bearing shimming, setup, and practice , etc, .....

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 08-13-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Do you really think your 4t boosted can hold a candle to my 2.5t boosted in the straight ??? I doubt it !!! It will seem like you're running a 21.5t boosted next to my rocket....lol....Knowing how to make the most power for any class is BERT's speciality...lol...
let me guess you ran the 2.5t boosted on your tc4??lmao, once you crash your tc4 2.5t boosted ,dawgmeat will just pass your wreckage with his 21.5 spec motor
slodsm, dawgmeat and moparSRT like this.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Do you really think your 4t boosted can hold a candle to my A700ex 2.5t boosted in the straight ??? I doubt it !!! It will seem like you're running a 21.5t boosted next to my rocket....lol....Knowing how to make the most power for any class is BERT's speciality...lol...
Can we nominate Bert for aarcmcc / rcra committee this year? Gigaplex what do you think? Cat among the pigeons?
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I second the motion.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
all I know is that Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in one single game while at Polk High becoming a High School football legend , and also that night he hooked up with Peggy and lived miserably ever after as a woman's shoe salesman.
But Al did find some solace in the Nudee bar and Biggins Magazine....
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus View Post
Can we nominate Bert for aarcmcc / rcra committee this year? Gigaplex what do you think? Cat among the pigeons?
Not sure his broken Jeep will get him to the airport to get him over here.
Marcos.J likes this.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
Once the new timing chain goes in I will be racing again guys... No need to score four touchdowns in a game or get married with children: all I need is a tc4.2 and 360v2.....lol.....
Old 08-14-2018, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
there's always UBER
Old 08-15-2018, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

.Knowing how to make the most power for any class is BERT's speciality...lol...
Has your shipment of vibranium arrived yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.