Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree190Likes

3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Well now, who do I contact about this? Where I purchase from, or 3Racing directly. Seems like a very odd thing to happen.

Also does anyone know of any other companies aluminum diff or spool cups fit? Be nice to get the rotating mass down a bit.

Just a side note, I am not crying about a faulty part out of the kit. I’ve been at this a long time and seen a lot worse. Things happen. I’ve worked manufacturing production. Just want to know best route to get corrected.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Hi theproffesor

I have been purchasing directly from 3RACING on eBay and have good customer support from them regarding some minor issues.

Not sure from whom you purchased the kit(s), but probably start there.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-08-2018, 07:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theproffesor
Well now, who do I contact about this? Where I purchase from, or 3Racing directly. Seems like a very odd thing to happen.

Also does anyone know of any other companies aluminum diff or spool cups fit? Be nice to get the rotating mass down a bit.

Just a side note, I am not crying about a faulty part out of the kit. I’ve been at this a long time and seen a lot worse. Things happen. I’ve worked manufacturing production. Just want to know best route to get corrected.
I would start were you got it from, if that dosn't work go straight to 3racing
Old 10-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Yup. Went to 3Racing and got directed to RcMart. We will see what they say. The part is usable, but I would like to get a corrected one.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default So how do you like the kit?

Yup. Went to 3Racing and got directed to RcMart. We will see what they say. The part is usable, but I would like to get a corrected one.
so what's your thoughts on this kit? What class are you planning on racing it in?
Old 10-09-2018, 01:52 AM
Tech Rookie

At my local track most of us run the Sakura xi sport in 13.5t sportsman blinky class. The modified drivers either use the x-ray, or the sakura ultimate or the sakura advance 2014?.
Now one of the modified drivers uses a xray while his son in sportsman uses the older advance, and he said ( the father) if he didnt get tne xray for such a good price, he would have got the Advance. That was enough for me to get the 2k18 Advance, which im yet to build.
Our fastest driver is still running the Ultimate in modified.
moparSRT likes this.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
so what's your thoughts on this kit? What class are you planning on racing it in?

I’ve only built the diffs so far, but they went together very well. I put in enough oil to get the base to come in at 13.6g. They feel a little gritty, but i am sure that will seltle out. I will get it built up over the next couple weeks. Take some pics as I go.

I plannin racing it in VTA and USGT on black carpet, so I also picked up the 2.5mm chassis to stiffen it up a bit.
JC3 likes this.

Last edited by theproffesor; 10-09-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Diffs and spools built. I really like the marking on the diffs to show what fluid is in them. Since I’m running on black carpet I went with 5, 7, and 10k fluids.

On to the shocks tomorrow. Going with AE 37.5 as that what I have run in previous cars on the black carpet that use stand up shocks.

JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Diffs and spools built. I really like the marking on the diffs to show what fluid is in them...

Yep, makes it super easy to know whats in them

JC3 likes this.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe I can get some questions answered here. Since I have this chassis will the Asc spring work since there are no springs except the kit springs for this chassis? What are the kit springs (Lbs)? Since this car is going to be raced as a VTA. The plastic parts (Battery Holders) are there any Black ones available. I have to add 81 grams of weight where would anyone suggest I mount the extra weight?Bye the way I don't usually run a TC - I'm many a Pan Car person and gave up TC many years ago. Also running on CRC Black Carpet . Built the car with 35 weight oil all around with 2000 in the diff?
Old 10-11-2018, 06:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Maybe I can get some questions answered here. Since I have this chassis will the Asc spring work since there are no springs except the kit springs for this chassis? What are the kit springs (Lbs)? Since this car is going to be raced as a VTA. The plastic parts (Battery Holders) are there any Black ones available. I have to add 81 grams of weight where would anyone suggest I mount the extra weight?Bye the way I don't usually run a TC - I'm many a Pan Car person and gave up TC many years ago. Also running on CRC Black Carpet . Built the car with 35 weight oil all around with 2000 in the diff?
Associated, xray, yokomo low profile springs all fit, i'm sure there are other brands that will also fit. Stock springs are around 9lb
Achieving minimum weight in vta is always a challenge, here are some pics to help with weight placement, using a full size servo also helps. In the pics there is a total of 98 grams, so u should have no problem with adding 81g.

Marcos.J likes this.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

I’ve added this to the side of my batteries and covered with carbon decal to tone it down some. Adds about 20g

Last edited by theproffesor; 10-11-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT
Associated, xray, yokomo low profile springs all fit, i'm sure there are other brands that will also fit. Stock springs are around 9lb
Achieving minimum weight in vta is always a challenge, here are some pics to help with weight placement, using a full size servo also helps. In the pics there is a total of 98 grams, so u should have no problem with adding 81g.

you can also use Tungsten Putty shape it any way you want and place it pretty much anywhere you want
Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

If the stock springs are 9lbs. what would u use for outdoors? And on the other question are they going to make the battery holders in Black are they only going to be in pink (out of Alu.).
Old 10-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Tech Champion

What ASC springs would be similiar to the kit springs? what would be stiffer and softer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.