3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO >

3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO

Like Tree190Likes

3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO

Old 09-18-2018, 05:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ashori View Post
How is the overall quality of 3 racing products? I bought a few 3 racing driveaxles for my old xray T3 and they were completely useless.
For 230 dollars, 2K18 is definitely an interesting choice. Can i expect same quality as Mugen, serpent, xray?
The question in bold...you can't be serious, right?

NutDriver likes this.
Old 09-18-2018, 06:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The question in bold...you can't be serious, right?
Well maybe not in the same quality but close to the xray, mugen, serpent.
I just remember that the driveaxles from 3 racing were wasted money.
Old 09-18-2018, 07:06 AM
Tech Regular

I have owned 3 Racing kit's in the past and I guess you can say the quality is great for what you are expecting / paying. Maybe me saying it's a notch under the bigger companies is the best way to put it.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ashori View Post
Well maybe not in the same quality but close to the xray, mugen, serpent.
I just remember that the driveaxles from 3 racing were wasted money.
3Racing used to solely be an aftermarket parts company. They did have some questionable parts in the past, but most were decent. Their on-road vehicle kits, in my experience, are good stuff especially for the money, but you aren't going to get world-class kits because you aren't paying world-class money. But as you will see in this and other threads about 3Racing vehicles, people race them competitively and have lots of fun and good reliability out of them.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
..., people race them competitively and have lots of fun and good reliability out of them.
Agreed !
Don't let the price fool you, 3Racing makes great kits, I know ... have most of them
Just started building the 2K18, the instructions are printed on plain paper but the parts quality is top notch, will post some pics as I get further along.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

• Building the kit correctly will increase the lifespan and performance of your car no matter who the manufacturer is...
  • Proper frequent maintenance will increase the lifespan and perfomance of your car no matter who the manufacturer is...
  • Proper setup will allow you to get the most performance out of your car no matter who the manufacturer is...
If it wasn't for 3 Racing, I wouldn't have gotten back into the hobby. I have had some minor issues, all easily resolved - that's life.

Raced their Sakura FF2014 for two seasons, only had to change the rear hub bearings once and never broke a single part.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fantastic kit

Forget the past. This kit is great. Iíve been building and racin RC since 1986. This kit puts 3racing right up there with the best. No problem. Fit and finish are excellent as is the parts quality. I must confess I was surprised.
Finished the kit with no stripped heads or threads too. At the track was up to speed with the stock set-up.
Ive built TRF, Schumacher, Associated etc.. You lose nothing with the 2K18.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
Agreed !
Don't let the price fool you, 3Racing makes great kits, I know ... have most of them
Just started building the 2K18, the instructions are printed on plain paper but the parts quality is top notch, will post some pics as I get further along.

i race with mopar every sunday his Sakura's are on point and they are fast
Old 09-19-2018, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I purchased a kit from moparSRT several months ago . I proceeded to upgrade the shocks bulkheads floating servo and reflex racing aluminum chassis. I race 21.5 tc with it. It's a great handling car. Managed to beat 4 or 5 17.5 guys with it last Sunday. I am very pleased with my Sakura. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by fermanracer; 09-19-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

Ok, build time

All parts come numbered in order of assembly

Kit includes a 116 tooth spur, way too big for stock or vta, I went with a 94t 3RAC-SG6494 64 Pitch Spur Gear 94T

Check the screws holding the pulleys together, mine were loose, you can also just remove them for some lower rotating weight. Bearings soaking in grease & wax remover.

A little SF-3 on the gasket helps seal the diff, diff case has molded in oil weights, easy to remember what you put in

I'm building mine with as much pink as I can, kit comes black. Diff, spool and pulley ready to go.

Time to start building the chassis

Adjusting the chassis flex is easy with multiple screw locations on the motor mount.

Done with Bag 3

Kit is everything I expected, fit and finish is perfect, even the crappy screws from older kits are better.

Old 09-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Sway bars went together nice and easy

Make sure to apply some locktite on the set screw for the rear axles, they come pre-assembled but 3racing does not apply any and they will come apart over time

Careful with the e-clips, you only get 8 ... 3Racing somehow believes none will be lost so you don't get any extra

I built my shocks with 32.5 front and 30wt rear, the included springs are a mystery, they are not color coded and are a tiny bit smaller then there standard big bore springs, they rate around 10lb so around the SAK-U314/BK/650 15 x 6.50 Spring -BLACK but they are not the same ... so I went with SAK-U314/BU/700 15 x 7.0 Spring -BLUE front and SAK-U314/GR/725 15 x 7.25 Spring -GREEN rear.
ST-024 Damper shaft Gripper make building the shocks super easy

The finished product

The kit went together exactly as expected, fit and finish is up there with any brand, I like the pink bling I added, imo solid black makes it look generic ... not sure why 3Racing went away with the pink, it was there brand color. I did not install the center chassis stiffener, plan on racing on asphalt so will want some flex. Also need to play around with the shims for the a-arms, they feel a little tight with the factory set.

You get what you pay for ??? No, not with this kit, you get sooooo much more. But that's only because 3Racing has seriously undersold the map price on this kit at just $233.70 or $251.70 shipped direct from 3Racing, it costs dealers in the USA just around $245 Im better off selling the 3RACING XI SPORT NU kits ...

Time for some electronics ...

over gear, ASM, Marcos.J and 2 others like this.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry to burst your bubble @moparSRT but it's not pink but cherry blossom red, LOL! Totally agree, their new all black look isn't the same. Thanks for the images of your build, 3 Racing's prices and kits are on point, only downside is that I will continue to race the brand.

Some fun, click below for some FYI.

Cherry Blossom
Texas Postman and mx836 like this.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Controversy View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble @moparSRT but it's not pink but cherry blossom red, LOL! Totally agree, their new all black look isn't the same. Thanks for the images of your build, 3 Racing's prices and kits are on point, only downside is that I will continue to race the brand.

Some fun, click below for some FYI.

Cherry Blossom
Cherry Blossom ?? sure why not, lets call it that

No, its way underpriced, maybe the price works in the Asian market but not here, I have no reason to stock these, even at $260 i'm loosing money with shipping/payment costs At a super low price of just $300 it would be a steal and still be the lowest priced TC on the market ... I also believe the current price scares potential buyers away, everyone knows the saying you get what you pay for 3Racing shot themselves in the foot with this one ...
Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

3RACING Established in 1995. Our focus is to design and manufacture high performance and affordable RC Cars and Parts.
Thankfully their focus hasn't changed!
Texas Postman likes this.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for that Mopar!!
I need an FDR of 6 for stock 13.5 class. Is the stock spur OK or which spur do I need?

Thanks,

Last edited by alex_blais; 09-22-2018 at 08:00 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.