Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO >

3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO

Like Tree99Likes

3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO

Reply

Old 08-30-2018, 08:52 AM
  #61  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 161
Default

I have the xi and I was looking at this for an upgrade. Looking at the manual, I don't like the pivot balls holding the lower suspension arm inners.

Any feedback on this design developing slop more quickly than the XI design?

Thanks,
alex_blais is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:41 AM
  #62  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa Bay FL
Posts: 870
Default

Originally Posted by alex_blais View Post
I have the xi and I was looking at this for an upgrade. Looking at the manual, I don't like the pivot balls holding the lower suspension arm inners.

Any feedback on this design developing slop more quickly than the XI design?

Thanks,
Same design as the the previous Advance & Ultimate kits, also available for the XI Sport when using the aluminum mounts. Haven't had any issues with it. 415-02 Pivot Ball - Heavy Duty (8pcs)
moparSRT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:15 PM
  #63  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 161
Default

Can you attach the battery with tape or an xi velcro strap? My battery has a step down at the connector end and I don't trust those holders.
Thanks,
alex_blais is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 10:56 PM
  #64  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 28
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

How are you doing with building the car? Care to share with us your impression of it? Any parts that you would recommend us buying with the kit to get it in a race condition: springs, diff oil, shock oil, fans, shims, etc.?
ears4fear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:18 AM
  #65  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
HaulinBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: valleyview alberta canada
Posts: 2,472
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Anyone drive the new car yet? I bought a ultimate 2014 last year and basicly just built it and sold it as it was too far to drive to race. Now something is more local and id like to pick up a new car.
Should i get this or save a few bucks and get the ultimate 2014 again. Going to be racing 17.5t touring, ive never run an actual touring car but can usually make top 10 sport level on vrcpro and am fairly quick off road so i dont think ill be a moving chicane. Just looking for something that my ability wont outgrow right away and have to buy upgrades yet not something that costs 500 and i feel is a total waste as ill never be able to exploit the full performance.
Texas Postman likes this.
HaulinBass is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 12:05 AM
  #66  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 111
Default Parts compatibility

Was looking at the 3racing and Integy websites for parts listings as well as Rcmart. It seems that they only list the parts that are new to the car. Same with hop ups.
I was looking for spur gears, antibroll bar sets, spring sets with no luck.
is there a list somewhere that lists all parts and hop ups that will fit this car? Donít want to buy a car that doesnít have tuning parts. Iím sure they exist and are probably listed for previous versions and cross over.
Looks like a fantastic TC!
4wdfull is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:44 AM
  #67  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa Bay FL
Posts: 870
Default

Originally Posted by 4wdfull View Post
Was looking at the 3racing and Integy websites for parts listings as well as Rcmart. It seems that they only list the parts that are new to the car. Same with hop ups.
I was looking for spur gears, antibroll bar sets, spring sets with no luck.
is there a list somewhere that lists all parts and hop ups that will fit this car? Donít want to buy a car that doesnít have tuning parts. Iím sure they exist and are probably listed for previous versions and cross over.
Looks like a fantastic TC!
Parts are closer then u think
64P SPUR
Search - sak-u314
SAK-U316 Stabilizer Set

Most parts cross over from previous kits.
Marcos.J likes this.
moparSRT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 04:50 AM
  #68  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa Bay FL
Posts: 870
Default

Originally Posted by ears4fear View Post
How are you doing with building the car? Care to share with us your impression of it? Any parts that you would recommend us buying with the kit to get it in a race condition: springs, diff oil, shock oil, fans, shims, etc.?
Haven't started yet but expecting the same quality as previous 3Racing kits.
I never use the supplied fluids, it will depend on how ur setting the car up, I use ae fluids, this will be built for asphalt so rear diff will get 1k and shocks 32.5/30wt. Only part I shim on 3racing kits are the rear axles in the hubs, seeing it uses the same hubs/axles as previews kits i'm sure to add some as well. For the fan you cant go wrong with WTF
moparSRT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 09:34 AM
  #69  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa Bay FL
Posts: 870
Default

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
Anyone drive the new car yet? I bought a ultimate 2014 last year and basicly just built it and sold it as it was too far to drive to race. Now something is more local and id like to pick up a new car.
Should i get this or save a few bucks and get the ultimate 2014 again. Going to be racing 17.5t touring, ive never run an actual touring car but can usually make top 10 sport level on vrcpro and am fairly quick off road so i dont think ill be a moving chicane. Just looking for something that my ability wont outgrow right away and have to buy upgrades yet not something that costs 500 and i feel is a total waste as ill never be able to exploit the full performance.
You cant go wrong with either one, still running and will continue to run my Ultimate 2014 on carpet, very few differences that most of us will not notice when racing, motor sits a little lower on the 2K18 and its easier to adjust roll centers on the bulkhead caps, I doubt I would see any difference in lap times between the two. Parts availability is not a concern for the 2014 and if you really want you can use the 2K18 arms which are about 1mm longer.
3RACING Front Suspension Arms Advance 2K18 & 3RACING Rear Suspension Arms Advance 2K18
Texas Postman likes this.
moparSRT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 09:41 AM
  #70  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 28
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Manual EVO 2K18?

Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
You cant go wrong with either one, still running and will continue to run my Ultimate 2014 on carpet, very few differences that most of us will not notice when racing, motor sits a little lower on the 2K18 and its easier to adjust roll centers on the bulkhead caps, I doubt I would see any difference in lap times between the two. Parts availability is not a concern for the 2014 and if you really want you can use the 2K18 arms which are about 1mm longer.
3RACING Front Suspension Arms Advance 2K18 & 3RACING Rear Suspension Arms Advance 2K18
Where can I find the manual for this car? I'm about to pull the trigger but would like to go over the manual to identify any optional/not included parts so I can order them at the same time.

MoparSRT: How is the chassis flex be adjusted on this car?
ears4fear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 08:28 PM
  #71  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 161
Default

Originally Posted by ears4fear View Post
Where can I find the manual for this car? I'm about to pull the trigger but would like to go over the manual to identify any optional/not included parts so I can order them at the same time.

MoparSRT: How is the chassis flex be adjusted on this car?
on 3racings website. Find the car and in the downloads section. Don't know how to adjust the flex
Billy Kelly likes this.

Last edited by alex_blais; 09-08-2018 at 09:53 PM.
alex_blais is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:03 AM
  #72  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Tampa Bay FL
Posts: 870
Default

Originally Posted by ears4fear View Post
Where can I find the manual for this car? ...
http://www.3racing.hk/manuals/KIT-AD...K18_Manual.pdf
moparSRT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:41 PM
  #73  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Posts: 161
Default

Any updates on how this car handles on high traction carpet?

Thanks,
alex_blais is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 01:10 AM
  #74  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 29
Default

How is the overall quality of 3 racing products? I bought a few 3 racing driveaxles for my old xray T3 and they were completely useless.
For 230 dollars, 2K18 is definitely an interesting choice. Can i expect same quality as Mugen, serpent, xray?
ashori is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:59 AM
  #75  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 3
Default

I raced against a new advance 2k18 evolution all day Sunday. It is super smooth and very fast.
Oldrcracer2 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service