Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO >

3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO

Like Tree190Likes

3RACING Sakura Advance 2K18 EVO

Old 11-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

At first I thought it was a gimmick that was just a way to make some extra cash on the cheap for manufacturers. Then I ran a Serpent 4x for the last few months, and it was a great tuning aid. After running that car for a while and seeing the Awesomatix run, I believe that the ARS aid one of the key advantages those kits have over others.

For example, my car was handling great, but was just a little loose on power and through the sweeper. Instead of adding more static rear toe, or soften the suspension, or changing RC, or diff fluid, All I did was increase the rear toe in gain by adding a small shim. Locked the car right up. Allowing me to keep less static rear toe, and all my other settings that were allowing the car to handle so well.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
I hope your shake out is better than mine! The front CVD lasted maybe a minute on the track before it broke. could not fiquire out why it was doing what it was doing. It in pit we discovered the broken CVD. Now it's time to order some spares..
where did it break?

Old 11-20-2018, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In the joint. It's fixed and running okay- I'll find out this weekend.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:59 AM
Tech Rookie

In the joint. It's fixed and running okay- I'll find out this weekend.
I encountered the same issue. It just lasts me for 2 track days which about 3 packs each. I replaced with tamiya DCJ now.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sailfish View Post
I encountered the same issue. It just lasts me for 2 track days which about 3 packs each. I replaced with tamiya DCJ now.
This is a bit concerning. Good to know that other brand dcj also fits
Old 11-21-2018, 04:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by LzREngineering View Post
This is a bit concerning. Good to know that other brand dcj also fits
yea, itís direct fit without any modifications. However, it must go with the whole complete set. The parts is not interchangeable due to the different diameter of the main pin. For 3R one the diameter of the pin is bigger, this is also the main reason which causing the dog bone end become thinner and weaker.
Old 11-21-2018, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

The SSK driveshaft in the 2K18 kit is the same dating back to the original ZERO, there have never been any problems with them before, still going strong in my Ultimate 2014 and no problems in my 2K18
Bullfrog's didn't break ... the pin fell out, my guess the spring clip was not installed properly by the little kindergartners assembling them in china ... I always take mine apart to clean and lube them when building a new kit, I don't like pre-assembled parts.
Old 11-21-2018, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

moparAET- you are going to have parts with you this weekend? Any battery holders in black(aluim) yet? Do they have the parts to fix my one cvd?
Old 11-29-2018, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

question: The front steering linkage on the right side the turnbuckle linkage is rubbing the drive belt. I can't see any mistake as everything looks correct from the book and what I've seen in pictures of the frontend. Wondering what I screwed up?
Old 11-30-2018, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

question: The front steering linkage on the right side the turnbuckle linkage is rubbing the drive belt. I can't see any mistake as everything looks correct from the book and what I've seen in pictures of the frontend. Wondering what I screwed up?
If the balls are correct then check the steering arms on the steering rack, they are either upside down or right to left.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

fixed- the steering link- upside down. That's what I get for building the kit after the eye surgery. Should be ready to to this sunday at 386.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

fixed- the steering link- upside down. That's what I get for building the kit after the eye surgery. Should be ready to to this sunday at 386.
That's good to hear, was worried that it was a design fault! Looks like my kit is stuck in the customs office for the weekend, fingers crossed I'll have it next week!!!
Old 11-30-2018, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Both mine went togoether with no issues at all. They are great cars. Iím pretty close to box stock set up for vta on black carpet and itís on rails.

I went with 10k diff
37.5 AE fluid in shocks front/rear
xray 2.5 in rear and 2.3-2.7 progress in front
1.5 rear toe block
6mm front hexes, 5mm rear
rear arms all the way back
xtra stiff 2.5 lower deck and stiff 2.0 upper deck
Old 11-30-2018, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theproffesor View Post
Both mine went togoether with no issues at all. They are great cars. Iím pretty close to box stock set up for vta on black carpet and itís on rails.

I went with 10k diff
37.5 AE fluid in shocks front/rear
xray 2.5 in rear and 2.3-2.7 progress in front
1.5 rear toe block
6mm front hexes, 5mm rear
rear arms all the way back
xtra stiff 2.5 lower deck and stiff 2.0 upper deck
Yep, just pay attention and take your time, mine too went together just fine, handles great out of the box
Old 12-03-2018, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

I actually raced yesterday. Realized my body choice was good. The body pushed the bumper to the carpet after losing a body clip. The fix trashed the body! The car ran very good. This weekend weather permitting I'll try outdoors. Thanks to AH for the final adjustments and help yesterday.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.