Reasons why EuroTruck is dieing >

Reasons why EuroTruck is dieing

Like Tree91Likes

Reasons why EuroTruck is dieing

Old 07-20-2018, 05:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex View Post
If there are rules against what they're doing then why are they so blatantly getting away with it? That's where the race director should just refuse entry to the guys blatantly cheating.
track owners and directors are in a tough spot. Risk telling an experience driver they canít race. Risk loosing a regular customer. If turnouts were high on a consistent basis, then yes, enforce the established rules.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What killed the class in our club was the fact that they were putting obstacles on the track in order to make the class "funner". For the new guys just getting into the RC scene, I don't think it's very fun buying a $200 kit (yes, that's what costs by the time you add a battery, servo, receiver, paint, etc) just to go out and destroy it. If you just want to throw money away, send it my way. I will make sure to put it towards something useful .

Perhaps if the more seasoned racers had stayed out of the class, and we kept this class as a race class and not a "smash up derby", then more racers would have stayed racing this class. The whole point of a beginner class is to grow the hobby and promote good clean driving to set them up for more advanced classes. Is it not? Just my 2 cents.
JC3 likes this.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
track owners and directors are in a tough spot. Risk telling an experience driver they can’t race. Risk loosing a regular customer. If turnouts were high on a consistent basis, then yes, enforce the established rules.
That does not speak highly of the sort of people showing up to race. If the desire to win, is so great that you need to decide the rules don't apply to you... well.. you shouldn't be racing in a beginner class. Being "clever" about rules bending, is something you should save for when you're racing the real stuff.

Ugh.

A reasonable way to "check" is to check 1st and 2nd place for rules compliance. It's not "long" to check one truck. And if winning with a cheating truck means you didn't win... well... that helps that.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 07-20-2018, 06:51 AM
JC3
Tech Master

That does not speak highly of the sort of people showing up to race.
During the last EuroTruck race I watched, one guy was racing his truck backwards. Imagine how you'd feel as a newb struggling to get around the track and some guy comes blowing by you backwards. All the while, the experienced guys, desperate for some fun, were all laughing their heads off!
Old 07-20-2018, 07:07 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Nerobro View Post
That does not speak highly of the sort of people showing up to race. If the desire to win, is so great that you need to decide the rules don't apply to you... well.. you shouldn't be racing in a beginner class. Being "clever" about rules bending, is something you should save for when you're racing the real stuff.

Ugh.

A reasonable way to "check" is to check 1st and 2nd place for rules compliance. It's not "long" to check one truck. And if winning with a cheating truck means you didn't win... well... that helps that.
unfortunately we have all heard the stories. There are reasons the group I race with stopped racing at another track. And started hosting races.
Nerobro and forFREEDOM like this.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
During the last EuroTruck race I watched, one guy was racing his truck backwards. Imagine how you'd feel as a newb struggling to get around the track and some guy comes blowing by you backwards. All the while, the experienced guys, desperate for some fun, were all laughing their heads off!
while Iíll admit that would be cool to see during practice. It would be very distracting in a race.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's a tough line between having fun up on the stand and enjoying the racing, while still having a formal race and competitive for everyone involved. I've always sided on the more serious side, and have had plenty of races where I was laughing and enjoying myself on the drivers stand and still racing seriously. Even this year at Snowbirds in a qualifying heat I was doing that with the others in our heat. I think it can be done if the experienced guys set the tone for all the new drivers to follow, and the race director helps enforce it.
JC3 likes this.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

EuroTruck is dying for the same reason every other casual racing class dies. Hyper-competitive types join the class, bring all their knowledge and expertise to bear on their vehicles, win every single race while the casual racers are left wondering what the hell happened, and then the casual racers give up and leave.

Competition is the enemy of fun. It attracts people who can't stand doing anything unless they know someone is winning -- preferably themselves, of course. If you want to keep a casual racing class alive, stop tracking lap times. Drive around a track with your buddies, admire each other's vehicles and driving skills, pat yourself on the back when you manage to pass someone in a corner, but don't keep track of who's winning. As soon as you start keeping track of who's winning, someone will start taking it WAY too seriously because they can't stand the idea of coming in second-place, and they'll ruin it for everyone else.

EDIT: Or if you absolutely must track lap times to see who's winning, set a limit for the class. If a driver has an average lap time faster than the limit, they are required to move up to the next class, no bargaining allowed.
gigaplex likes this.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just let the fast guys run without transponders for the practice/qualifiers. Then have them sit out the main. That way the experienced guys get to run, the new guys get to learn a bit from the experienced guys on track (and off for that matter) while still getting the results.
Old 07-20-2018, 07:51 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
EuroTruck is dying for the same reason every other casual racing class dies. Hyper-competitive types join the class, bring all their knowledge and expertise to bear on their vehicles, win every single race while the casual racers are left wondering what the hell happened, and then the casual racers give up and leave.

Competition is the enemy of fun. It attracts people who can't stand doing anything unless they know someone is winning -- preferably themselves, of course. If you want to keep a casual racing class alive, stop tracking lap times. Drive around a track with your buddies, admire each other's vehicles and driving skills, pat yourself on the back when you manage to pass someone in a corner, but don't keep track of who's winning. As soon as you start keeping track of who's winning, someone will start taking it WAY too seriously because they can't stand the idea of coming in second-place, and they'll ruin it for everyone else.

EDIT: Or if you absolutely must track lap times to see who's winning, set a limit for the class. If a driver has an average lap time faster than the limit, they are required to move up to the next class, no bargaining allowed.
Hell yeah, right on!
Old 07-20-2018, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Laughing with you, and laughing at you... two very different things. The EuroTruck races I've done, it's mostly been "laughing with you". The crowd matters so much. I've gotten lots of good advice in the last couple months from... well I could point fingers. :-) I hope they know they're appreciated.

Just to share the biggest thing I've learned about euro truck; is let the truck settle before getting on the throttle. They tend to oversteer if you put on the power while it's still got a tire in the air. :-)
JC3 likes this.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hell yeah, right on!
The only reason Euro Semi Truck is declining is that it was a frenzy. Every one jumped on it because it was cool and new.
Now the frenzy is over and the people who really love the class keep racing it. It will be silly to only allow slow drivers to run it, because our entire hobby called racing and therefore the fastest and cleanest wins.
There are one way to keep the class groing and that is to run the body on a normal TC chassis like in Europe.
team green likes this.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:30 AM
Tech Rookie

business is business if you want to stay competitive, you need to move further and provide new era products and services!!!
Old 07-21-2018, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Either novelty has worn off or class invaded by the serious racers, making it no longer fun.
Old 07-21-2018, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 225 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips View Post
Either novelty has worn off or class invaded by the serious racers, making it no longer fun.
nothing like watching serious racers in a beginner class lmao "hey I won!!! against the 6-8 year olds"
rccartips likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.